Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Callum Mills update

Sydney Swans captain Callum Mills will not play in Saturday’s AFL Grand Final.

Mills trained this morning and after taking everything into consideration a joint decision was made by the club’s medical staff and the coaches to rule him out.

Mills initially strained his hamstring at training a fortnight ago.
Right call. Let’s move on.

Sorry for Fox , if we played the Cats yes , but this is a no and Adams must come in , has the experience on GF day and played well in 18 for the filth and has experience on Neale
Fox has just as much experience on grand final day, played well, and was very good against the Lions this year already.

Legit question. Who is our vice captain? Who's going to lift the cup if we win? I bloody hope it's Rampe instead of Parker since Parker is leaving soon anyway. Or let Heeney lift it for the media attention it'll get.

Is Adams needed?

The only reason he was at about half the centre bounces against them last time is because Rowbottom was missing.

Whereas Fox was one of our best against them, in an area of the ground that we can fit him.

What would be your match ups - assume Fox plays?
Is he down back or up forward?

Apologies if you have suggested previously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit question. Who is our vice captain? Who's going to lift the cup if we win? I bloody hope it's Rampe instead of Parker since Parker is leaving soon anyway. Or let Heeney lift it for the media attention it'll get.
We don't have one. But if we did, you'd go for an upstanding, dependable club man. Someone like Peter Ladhams

I will be crying screaming throwing up if I see Stuart Maxfield carrying the cup up

What would be your match ups - assume Fox plays?
Is he down back or up forward?

Apologies if you have suggested previously.
Fox down back on Rayner, as Mills would likely have been.

If we don't see the need to help Harry out as our only legitimate 1-on-1 small/med defender against Cameron, Rayner, Lohmann, Bailey etc, then Fox can play on Zorko, or pretty much any Lions defender to allow Jordon to play on a mid.

Assuming Fort is picked, our 3 KPDs will have their hands full with Daniher, Hipwood and Morris.

This Mills decision has really lifted my confidence of a win now.

Thought Longmire would fall for sentimentality again and play injured players and he failed to learn from last time. Great call.

Who says you can't teach an old horse new tricks? 🐎

We're gonna piss it in. 👑

Blakey bumped Burgoyne after the ball left and he fell over.
Sorry not that one (it was very obvious of Blakey even though I still think the decision was soft).

I meant the call in the first 2 seconds. It went against Grundy. He had his hands ever so gently around the Port ruck’s hips after the tap, but that was all I could see. It appeared to me like the umpire had decided he should play a holding free against Grundy before he even bounced the ball.

Fox down back on Rayner, as Mills would likely have been.

If we don't see the need to help Harry out as our only legitimate 1-on-1 small/med defender against Cameron, Rayner, Lohmann, Bailey etc, then Fox can play on Zorko, or pretty much any Lions defender to allow Jordon to play on a mid.

Assuming Fort is picked, our 3 KPDs will have their hands full with Daniher, Hipwood and Morris.

Makes Sense

If Fox is in the 23 I would also prefer it's in the 22.

Rampe will be Captain and maybe Paps as VC as he was Captain for a couple of games

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back