Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

If Campbell gets up, I think he should be the “super” sub (per Giants game) and Robbie “Mr GF” Fox to come into the 22 … reckon he’s a great matchup for Rayner.
C’MON, THIS IS OUR YEAR!!

PS. If Campbell doesn’t get up, I’d be more than happy with Adams’ experience and toughness.
I haven’t read much about Campbell being in doubt

Some media are saying that what will loose us the game with be out ground ball gets to Brisbanes

We are well down and gf winners are higher in this category
I’ve seen this spoken about by Champion Data’s Daniel Hoyne. The Lions fare better in ground ball gets but who is to say we can’t break even in this area on Saturday?

Some media are saying that what will loose us the game with be out ground ball gets to Brisbanes

We are well down and gf winners are higher in this category
Lions average 91.2
Swans average 88.5

We had 67 against Port, which wasn't surprising given we were largely keeping possession / holding them off in the 2nd half.

We had 111, our 3rd highest for the year against the Giants a game earlier. The Lions had 103 against the Cats and 96 versus GWS.

Sounds like people making stuff up.

Further against this being a win for the Lions is the Lions having 76 (below average) to the Pies monumental 78 in last years decider. Brisbane held a slight advantage (1 ave) going into that game. We led the AFL and obviously didn't get past the Elim.

Last edited:
Any particular reason the Lions are in Melbourne today and Swans aren't until tomorrow? Is it just a preference thing from both clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any particular reason the Lions are in Melbourne today and Swans aren't until tomorrow? Is it just a preference thing from both clubs?

Good deal on Wotif

They said they felt rushed coming in on Thursday night last year, especially when their flight was delayed

Lions average 91.2
Swans average 88.5

We had 67 against Port, which wasn't surprising given we were largely keeping possession / holding them off in the 2nd half.

We had 111, our 3rd highest for the year against the Giants a game earlier. The Lions had 103 against the Cats and 96 versus GWS.

Further against this being a win for the Lions is the Lions having 76 (below average) to the Pies monumental 78 in last years decider. Brisbane held a slight advantage (1 ave) going into that game. We led the AFL and obviously didn't get past the Elim.
Don’t disrupt conjecture with facts. I am very happy with the Swans being underdogs and flying under the radar.

Keep the momentum of the current narrative going, and by Friday the focus will be what will Brisbane do if they lose the unlosable GF and fall to zero from two.

Don’t disrupt conjecture with facts. I am very happy with the Swans being underdogs and flying under the radar.

Keep the momentum of the current narrative going, and by Friday the focus will be what will Brisbane do if they lose the unlosable GF and fall to zero from two.
If they get too much media attention, the umpires might get swept up in the enthusiasm like *2016.

Lions average 91.2
Swans average 88.5

Thanks for those. While I am a huge fan of stats for throwing light on how games are won and lost I would never pin any outcome on a single (historical) stat.

Campbell needs to start. He’s got the hot hand at the moment.
Need him for his tackling pressure.
Need him for his gut running.
Need him for his booming left foot.
Need him cos he doesn’t slip over.
Need him cos he’s fast.
How fast ? Fast enough to win premierships.
Enough is enough !

I haven’t read much about Campbell being in doubt

i was just reading the thread and wondering the same thing ... has there been any specific reference to campbell being under an injury cloud or facing a test? surely any such test would've been conducted in the same time period as mills (and mcdonald)? ...
i think campbell is playing ... the decision surely is: fox or adams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back