Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance horse calls it quits after this ? Win or lose ?

nah, i'd think he has one more year, particularly after a win ... (hypothetically, maybe another loss and he starts questioning himself as being "the right man" but ... that's not gonna happen)
it seems handing over to cox is inevitable but longmire is entitled to a year defending the flag

Devastating for Mills.

I know the prevailing sentiment is "right decision" but I would say that if we get done on Saturday, that's simply unknowable.

Is making a definitive call today better than carrying uncertainty through tomorrow? Sure, but there are more stories of champions carrying niggles and outright injuries into big games and getting it done than there are Sam Reid style disasters.

I don't blame them for making the decision they have, and I hope we win and it becomes a footnote, but if the reports of him getting through the fitness test are accurate then I'm going to second guess whether this was the right decision, or one made out of fear of not repeating a mistake fresh in the memory.
It's so difficult making these decisions, particularly with soft tissue injuries.
Going flat out for 30-40 minutes in a fitness test is not the same as putting your body through 120 minutes of the most grueling match of the year.

It's so difficult making these decisions, particularly with soft tissue injuries.
Going flat out for 30-40 minutes in a fitness test is not the same as putting your body through 120 minutes of the most grueling match of the year.
You were listening to Healy tonight

i was just reading the thread and wondering the same thing ... has there been any specific reference to campbell being under an injury cloud or facing a test? surely any such test would've been conducted in the same time period as mills (and mcdonald)? ...
i think campbell is playing ... the decision surely is: fox or adams?
Didn't he have a groin niggle going into the GWS game?

I think that's the first time in my life I've typed the phrase "groin niggle".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he have a groin niggle going into the GWS game?

I think that's the first time in my life I've typed the phrase "groin niggle".
I’d like a groin niggle. It’s hard though being single all the time 😢

I am sure you have plenty of goats, Mr. Baron.
Cut It Out Reaction GIF

We don’t need to know your weird fetishes dude…

Don’t disrupt conjecture with facts. I am very happy with the Swans being underdogs and flying under the radar.

Keep the momentum of the current narrative going, and by Friday the focus will be what will Brisbane do if they lose the unlosable GF and fall to zero from two.
Well then, as the saying goes, you're only as good as your last game, so we're absolutely toast.

Tough on Millsy but it is the right call.

Bravedogs GF just came into my head for a second because I was reading the umpires list for this game and one ump in-particular caught my mind and his name rhymes with Blevic.
And similar to the Bigfooty poster Troystenvic

Can't say I've ever tried to put myself in their shoes before, the ankle monitor would be too annoying.
Also need to blow into the interlock when starting the car everytime would be just as bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back