Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT NOW CLOSED | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

Yeah that page gave me a shock too. I tried to select zero pins and Records before realising you could just skip it. That wasn't there two weeks ago.

No you just skip it. If you wanted to include them you clicked the "ADD" link.

Was really angry, that stupid page almost made me lose my tickets. :thumbsdown:

Re: GRAND FINAL TICKET BALLOT NOW CLOSED | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries thread

I kept getting offered M35 when I requested Prime, & M57 when I requested Premium,so took the M35 ones & glad I did now with M33 being our cheersquad end (front row too ;):thumbsu:)

No you just skip it. If you wanted to include them you clicked the "ADD" link.

Was really angry, that stupid page almost made me lose my tickets. :thumbsdown:

Because it's so difficult to find a record or a pin on the day...the only way you could miss them is if you are parachuting in as part of the pre-match entertainment. Fair enough, it's kind of understandable that people might want a record sent to them to keep it in mint condition or whatever, but who needs a pin mailed out to them??

Got M13 undercover, although I haven't seen the weather for Saturday.

Should be right in the open seating.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Saturday 24 September

partly-cloudy.png
Min 8 Max 18 Partly cloudy. Melbourne area

Partly cloudy. The chance of a shower about southern suburbs. Winds southeast to southwesterly averaging up to 20 km/h.

http://www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Re: PRELIMINARY FINAL TICKETS ON SALE TO MEMBERS | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Got M13 undercover, although I haven't seen the weather for Saturday.

19 degrees and mostly fine. No showers at this stage.

Because it's so difficult to find a record or a pin on the day...the only way you could miss them is if you are parachuting in as part of the pre-match entertainment. Fair enough, it's kind of understandable that people might want a record sent to them to keep it in mint condition or whatever, but who needs a pin mailed out to them??

Lmao. Hey I would put my hand up for that, would be fun. :thumbsu:

Ah yeah.

This game won't sell quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if the system wants to fill up those few L1 bays first before heading upstairs for the rest of the week.

Hate the way the system does that, when I want to buy on the first day but I want level 3 olympic not darn level 1 behind the goals. I've found if I am super nice to the newsagent operators they'll do a search in that area (which I don't think they are meant to do on the mondays) and find me good level 3 seats.

Hope it works again this arvo.

Re: PRELIMINARY FINAL TICKETS ON SALE TO MEMBERS | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

The pin/record screen was there two weeks ago, for me atleast...

Went on at 9:15, managed 4 seats in m50 row d, but the stupid school proxy decides to screw me over and stuffed up the transaction.
Ended up in m13, not too displeased, but m50 would have been great (sat there last match!)

What would be the chances of picking up a ticket at the MCG gate on Saturday?

Hey guys, just wondering when you find out if you get a ticket in the ballot?

I really want to attend the Grand Final this year. I don't want to get ahead of myself but I'm just planning in case the cats make it as I'll be in a mad dash to make sure I can get in. I'm eyeing off one of those $1400+ corporate packages but was thinking in the off chance a cats member wins a ballot and can't attend for some reason that I could perhaps purchase off them? I'm currently only an Interstate member living in Brisbane so I was unable to go into the ballot.

Or are there better perhaps cheaper ways to get a Grand Final ticket that aren't as expensive and don't have a risky seat allocation?

Does anyone have any idea of how long those corporate packages usually hang around for until they're completely sold out?

A concern of mine is the seating allocation for the corporate packages you can get. I'd rather not sit right at the very back at the G and it seems there isn't any guarantee where you'll be allocated. I don't mind paying a pretty penny for a Grand Final ticket. I had the opportunity to go in 2009 but didn't as I wanted to watch with my mates instead. I don't want to make that mistake again (again not getting ahead of myself, just planning ahead).

Many thanks in advance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballot will probably be announced Sunday night/Monday morning.

Some people on here will sell tickets for approximately cost price. Obviously the demand will be high though.

Ballot will probably be announced Sunday night/Monday morning.

Some people on here will sell tickets for approximately cost price. Obviously the demand will be high though.

What is cost price for a ballot ticket? I'm willing to pay a bit extra for sure assuming it's not outrageous. The tickets would follow this woudln't it?

http://www.afl.com.au/finals ticket prices/tabid/18271/default.aspx

If so I'd definitely pay more than your 'at price' cost. Even more if I could get 2 maybe 3 seats together but might be pushing my luck there ;)

Do tickets ever get to public release? How are Grand Final tickets allocated. Sorry for all the questions... One very keen Cat here wanting to witness his first Grand Final! (again I know, not getting ahead of myself.. just planning ;))

What's the deal with the password? Anyone know it?

Would anyone happen to have a spare full AFL membership barcode to use for Saturday's match?

Rest assured the upgrade will go to a Geelong supporter.

A PM would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers!

Hey guys, just wondering when you find out if you get a ticket in the ballot?

Further to SJ's comments, typically the list is published at 9am on the Cats website on Monday.

But...people start checking their internet banking and noticing $250 credit card charges on Sunday, meaning they've been awarded a ticket...so be on here Sunday to see if anyone is offering a sale.

What is cost price for a ballot ticket? I'm willing to pay a bit extra for sure assuming it's not outrageous. The tickets would follow this woudln't it?

http://www.afl.com.au/finals ticket prices/tabid/18271/default.aspx
Yep, exactly like that.

If so I'd definitely pay more than your 'at price' cost. Even more if I could get 2 maybe 3 seats together but might be pushing my luck there ;)
I'm 99% sure we can't ask for more than cost+10% (to cover costs) but I've seen the odd slab offered as an incentive :D

Do tickets ever get to public release?
No chance. Might be able to score some off Port Adelaide, I seem to remember them offering tickets to 2009 for near to cost (Actually for $750 rather than the typical $1300). Each club gets 1000 tix i believe to package and sell off. Port couldn't get rid of them so they had a fire sale. Maybe keep an ear to the ground for these type of deals.

How are Grand Final tickets allocated.
My Guess: 10% to players. 10% to clubs, 20% to competing club members. 60% to sponsors, corporate partners, giveaways etc.

Yep, exactly like that.

I'm 99% sure we can't ask for more than cost+10% (to cover costs) but I've seen the odd slab offered as an incentive :D

No chance. Might be able to score some off Port Adelaide, I seem to remember them offering tickets to 2009 for near to cost. Each club gets 1000 tix i believe to package and sell off. Port couldn't get rid of them so they had a fire sale. Maybe keep an ear to the ground for these type of deals.

My Guess: 10% to players. 10% to clubs, 20% to competing club members. 60% to sponsors, corporate partners, giveaways etc.

I'd offer many a slab/drinks of choice plus ticket price for a GF ticket! Believe me I'd be quite generous! :)

How does one grab one of those 1000 tickets you speak of that each club gets? Do you have to be a member or just enquire on their website or the like?

If we make the grand final and DON'T play Collingwood (long odds I know), I will have a spare ticket to the game for sale.

Definitely be interested (if they get up). Wasn't sure before but now you've made it certain I'm going for the Hawks this Friday!

Do you know where your seats are already?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource GRAND FINAL TICKET INFORMATION, BALLOT AND SALES | Geelong finals ticket information and enquiries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back