Resource Guide to Simonds Stadium and Geelong (last updated 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

After getting in late from working up north all week, I've just remembered I had to get the father in law a pass for tomorrow and the Cats member line doesn't operate on weekends (really?!)

Are SC guest passes able to be purchased on the day? I've always ordered them a week or so out and had them posted to me. Can't see anything in in the MyCats area at the moment either.

Sorry to start a new topic on this, I did a search and it came up with nothing... mods please delete once answered.

Thanks guys.

Not sure if this is the right place, but does anyone know if there are any general admin standing room tickets available for tomorrow.

In our group we have 2 x AFL members (GFC club support) + 1 x GFC member. I have tried pre-booking on Ticketmaster to no avail. I have tried calling Tickemaster and also ALF Memberships - both to no avail.

Does anyone know if the GA Standing Area is all sold out? Or do they still have the the tickets available to purchase on the day?

Hanging to get there to see Boris' milestone. Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Also, how did you guys go with these issues? It might help others for future reference.

Optus network fine for me yesterday and all season FWIW. Has been awful in previous years so there must have been an upgrade somewhere.
Yep, same for me.

Shocking coverage with Optus last year-calls, texts or using the net during the breaks just didn't happen. Not a problem yesterday, however my mate on Telstra got nothing.

Was pleasantly surprised that there weren't long queues to scan in at the gates as well. Seems to have improved on previous years.

It was fine until 2013, then all of a sudden it was horrendous (on Telstra I was unable to even make phone calls throughout the entire match).

It had improved this year until yesterday (the higher crowd?) when it was next to useless.
Might be worth letting the club or whoever looks after KP know about it as I'm sure Telstra are more likely to listen to the account holder than they are to fans.

Really they should have a Wifi setup where you can connect for free but can only utilise it with your membership number and password through a web browser flash screen.

It was fine until 2013, then all of a sudden it was horrendous (on Telstra I was unable to even make phone calls throughout the entire match).

It had improved this year until yesterday (the higher crowd?) when it was next to useless.
Mine at one point just had the message 'no service'

Was as putrid as our performance

Also, how did you guys go with these issues? It might help others for future reference.
Called the club ad nauseam from about three hours prior to the game, spoke to a lovely helpful lady over the phone and reserved a ticket which I picked up a couple of hours later at the Bobby Davis gate.

Regarding phone issues it's not the coverage that is the issue,it's temporary localised oversubscription.Especially if you try at quarter time when everyone else is. Just like new years eve.
I knew that.....

I was just still dirty with everything after how we played :D

Regarding phone issues it's not the coverage that is the issue,it's temporary localised oversubscription.Especially if you try at quarter time when everyone else is. Just like new years eve.
You say that but I couldn't even send anything during the quarters. So its not just at the quarter breaks.

You say that but I couldn't even send anything during the quarters. So its not just at the quarter breaks.

me either… was shite…

GO Catters

Sorry to intrude guys, was just looking to buy tickets for our matchup next weekend and best possible spot.

Which end will the Dogs supporters be sitting at? Players End from what I can gather?

Cheers.

Sorry to intrude guys, was just looking to buy tickets for our matchup next weekend and best possible spot.

Which end will the Dogs supporters be sitting at? Players End from what I can gather?

Cheers.
The opposition cheersquad always sits down the other end, in the 'Gary Ablett Terrace', usually right behind the goals, around bays 9-10.
Good luck getting tickets. :thumbsu:

The opposition cheersquad always sits down the other end, in the 'Gary Ablett Terrace', usually right behind the goals, around bays 9-10.
Good luck getting tickets. :thumbsu:
Beauty. Thanks very much karencatsfan!!!

Crowd this week at K Park will be interesting. First Saturday game down at G town for the year, close as possible to a traditional timeslot as we get these days at 1.45pm. As opposed to that, possible dodgy weather & poor recent form. Hope everyone turn up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd this week at K Park will be interesting. First Saturday game down at G town for the year, close as possible to a traditional timeslot as we get these days at 1.45pm. As opposed to that, possible dodgy weather & poor recent form. Hope everyone turn up!
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how many show up. I'll be there that's for sure. I may not always be happy with the way we play, but I'll always buy my membership & support my club even through the bad times. I know I am not alone :)

Promised the Mrs who declared herself a cats fan (newly Aussie) that I'd take her to at least one game in Geelong this year, so it's got to this time of year and we've bought tickets to Round 23.

Besides PD, what else can we hope to soak up at Simonds Stadium, and what should we get involved in to get a full Geelong experience?

We've booked a night in Geelong at a cheap motel so Geelong has us for the evening

Looking for suggestions for game day, Saturday night, even Sunday. Geelong people tell us first-timers (since the 90's at least for me) how to get the most out of the Simonds Stadium experience.

Promised the Mrs who declared herself a cats fan (newly Aussie) that I'd take her to at least one game in Geelong this year, so it's got to this time of year and we've bought tickets to Round 23.

Besides PD, what else can we hope to soak up at Simonds Stadium, and what should we get involved in to get a full Geelong experience?

We've booked a night in Geelong at a cheap motel so Geelong has us for the evening

Looking for suggestions for game day, Saturday night, even Sunday. Geelong people tell us first-timers (since the 90's at least for me) how to get the most out of the Simonds Stadium experience.
What a Romeo you are. :p

Sorry - hope it's a great trip!

Saint, I've moved your post here which hopefully provides a useful resource for you. Answers to your query will also provide useful future reference for others.

As for suggestions:

- pub lunch at one of the many options between Pakington St and Latrobe Tce pre-game
- after footy drinks at similar
- dinner in the city, perhaps the waterfront (see here: https://www.zomato.com/geelong-vic/best-geelong-restaurants)
- Saturday night - others best advise as I haven't spent a night out in Geelong for over a decade!
- Sunday - perhaps a short drive down to Queenscliff or the surf coast if the weather is good

For the Sydney game I actually had mobile coverage, so if you want Telstra mobile coverage bay 19 in the Ablett Terrace is where it is. :thumbsu:

That must be THE spot.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource Guide to Simonds Stadium and Geelong (last updated 2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back