Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez West Coast supporters are deluded as ****. What a cringeworthy last few pages. I sure hope their coaching staff also place their midfield hopes on Shuey and Gaff that way we can enjoy several more years of shitness.

Gill, your comments are always well considered and provide a great read. Definitely one of the better posters and a pleasant counter balance to the trolls who frequent this place!

Thanks for the kind words, Marty. And I see you've made 14 posts, so I see you're new here. Welcome, mate!

I agree 100% that whatever success Freo have in the future, they can be proud that they have done it all off their own back.

ALL clubs should have their noses out of joint re the expansion clubs and Sydney. Traditional market clubs have certainly taken the back seat and as such our supposedly "equalised" competition is anything but equal.

As far as umpiring and any one team getting a good run vs one getting a bad - I'm not sure its possible to make a judgement without team allegiance having a huge impact. I swear Geelong get a great rub from the umps, but is that because I'm so biased that I see what I want to see? Is it because 50/50 calls that don't go the way I want stick in my memory? Do the Hawks get a bad run "because the AFL hates us because we didn't leave Tasmania"? In reality. No. But it doesn't stop supporters from thinking it.

As far as fixturing goes I'm not sure what could be changed? Again, I don't necessarily think the AFL is against you, it's just that there are one or two clubs that seem to get a leg up, and Freo isn't one of them. With your geographical position and ladder position (which decides which teams are played twice) the fixture pretty much decides itself.

Anyway, I guess all I'm trying to say is that I understand that last night you guys would have been devastated, but once the dust settles I reckon you will feel a bit better and be ready to go again. Remember, you are feeling the way you are because there is now expectation that Freo will be a contender. That's because you have a bloody good side. If as you said, you have been a supporter from the start, you've been through some devastating lows and I bet you'd rather take this year over many of those tough years you endured at the start.

Good luck and I'll leave you guys to it.

Good comments. Cheers.

Best of luck for the rest of the finals. Hope you guys go back to back. More deserving than Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OHHHH!! He/she is gonna need some Aloe Vera for that sweet, sweet burn!!
It's a he he's a mate of mine and I can tell you he's a bloody dickhead when it comes to talking about footy. Is deluded as **** when it comes to anything eagles or freo related. Thinks the eagles are going somewhere and thinks we'd trade Fyfe for darling. Seriously.

Remember, you are feeling the way you are because there is now expectation that Freo will be a contender.
Surely this expectation makes it harder for me. Tried to be as low and/or realistic as possible, but still got carried away a little bit with nearly everybody rating us to some extent. When we were a bad side it was always "just another loss"...

It's a he he's a mate of mine and I can tell you he's a bloody dickhead when it comes to talking about footy. Is deluded as **** when it comes to anything eagles or freo related. Thinks the eagles are going somewhere and thinks we'd trade Fyfe for darling. Seriously.

Might be the same person as my mate who reckons that Priddis would be our best midfielder and Shuey would take barlow's place in the team.

Hey not related to the eagles rubbish. But i went to the claremont with some people and all the freo players were there and me and my sister felt like they didnt seem sad enough. They were all having a great time and we talked to duffield and he seemed so happy and normal the day after getting knocked out of the finals in straight sets. Me was feeling pretty flat and i know if i ****ed up my job big time i wouldnt be patying the next day.

Hey not related to the eagles rubbish. But i went to the claremont with some people and all the freo players were there and me and my sister felt like they didnt seem sad enough. They were all having a great time and we talked to duffield and he seemed so happy and normal the day after getting knocked out of the finals in straight sets. Me was feeling pretty flat and i know if i ****** up my job big time i wouldnt be patying the next day.

did you tell them they f**k up big time?

Hey not related to the eagles rubbish. But i went to the claremont with some people and all the freo players were there and me and my sister felt like they didnt seem sad enough. They were all having a great time and we talked to duffield and he seemed so happy and normal the day after getting knocked out of the finals in straight sets. Me was feeling pretty flat and i know if i ****** up my job big time i wouldnt be patying the next day.
I'm not sad. I'm almost glad. We were never going to win the flag being as depleted as we were. Hawthorns talls would have run rampant with Dawson as our only remaining tall defender. We wouldn't have had Tabs up front either as he did his groin during the SF. The team as a whole was pretty beat up. At least now, people can get themselves right for 2015 PS, we can hopefully land a FA tall and draft some good kids. As long as we get a good run with injury we'll be right up to our necks in the premiership race next year. Getting to the GF or PF with a beat up side just means the guys have less time to get right for the pre season. Now, we'll be both cherry ripe and hungry next year. Bring it on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Has the world ended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back