Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd play West in our midfield.
To pry him away to us with where we are on the ladder you'd think it would take the promise of midfield time along with more $$$. I like him as he's got a fair bit of mongrel about him and through some of our guys around like rag dolls. That's a yes from me.

West would be an upgrade on the role we had Worpel playing this year as a mid/half forward.

Does Sam think he can tap into the Worpedo talent-well if Tom’s not ahead of him? That seeems to be what he’s going for.

West would be an upgrade on the role we had Worpel playing this year as a mid/half forward.

Does Sam think he can tap into the Worpedo talent-well if Tom’s not ahead of him? That seeems to be what he’s going for.
We have a much better player than Worpel to play that role already on the list. Newcombe is a threat up forward and in the middle. Just need to replace him in the middle!

Michael Bolton that's your name? Yeah but you can just call me Mike 😂

One of my all time favourite movies that.

‘It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care’ was a mantra of me and another guy on this soul crushing project we were on a few years back.

‘It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care’ was a mantra of me and another guy on this soul crushing project we were on a few years back.
Appreciation for Office Space is the main way I gauge work friendships, I know I've found my people when they know and can quote it.

I must be watching a different Rylee West… don’t really rate at all and don’t want him anywhere near our midfield. Had a solid game against us, which may seduce the thinking, but cannot see how he is anywhere near the caliber of player to be part of a premiership quality midfield.
Agreed, had a Ronke game against us but usually I haven’t been that impressed

Looks like impey has lost some of his pace and acceleration. Not to mention his evasive ability. Runs in straight lines now, which put him under pressure a lot and exposed his kicking. I hope he recovers to the player he was but I have doubts he has it physically in him anymore. Looked better up forward.
Impey was carrying a foot injury according to Sam.

Post from the Gold Coast board:

Fiorini's people have had talks with Collingwood - he's 2nd choice if they don't get Tom Mitchell from Hawks.

Hawks have talked to Sam Flanders people.
Hawks also talking to other young players from other clubs (Bergman, Bruhn, Duursma) so lots of competition.

Both their people are Hemisphere Management.

If they have been tasked with moving them on - good call, as they have strong ties with Collingwood and Hawthorn (and manage a couple of fringe Hawks)

Just chatting atm - SO I'M TOLD

Fiorini's people have had talks with Collingwood - he's 2nd choice if they don't get Tom Mitchell from Hawks.

Hawks also talking to other young players from other clubs (Bergman, Bruhn, Duursma) so lots of competition.

If they have been tasked with moving them on - good call, as they have strong ties with Collingwood and Hawthorn (and manage a couple of fringe Hawks)

Flanders had 46 yesterday. Machine.

If our competition is Fiorini I'm very confident we'll be able to move Titch this year.

I'd love any two of Bruhn, Bergman, Duursma, and Flanders (preference order). All high upside midfielders who have got the short end of the stick in terms of game time and position. We should be able to get one with whatever we get from Titch and the other for a second, hopefully with a future pick coming back. With their upside and our development team, I'd have faith we can hit on at least one of these.

Last edited:
I must be watching a different Rylee West… don’t really rate at all and don’t want him anywhere near our midfield. Had a solid game against us, which may seduce the thinking, but cannot see how he is anywhere near the caliber of player to be part of a premiership quality midfield.
They've been playing him as a small forward. He's not a small forward, he is an inside mid. If they actually played him there he would dominate, he is ridiculously good in the contest and loves to tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've got to love how the media sells things, last year it was "Hawks are pushing Tom out but no-one is interested!", now it's "Tom requests trade and has multiple suitors.".

So they didn't want to get him for cheap in a "fire sale", but are happy to pay for a standard trade now?

You've got to love how the media sells things, last year it was "Hawks are pushing Tom out but no-one is interested!", now it's "Tom requests trade and has multiple suitors.".

So they didn't want to get him for cheap in a "fire sale", but are happy to pay for a standard trade now?
It remains to be seen what they are willing to pay, but at least clubs have cap space this year.

Had a good year. Can tackle, take contested marks and is clever around goals. A bit like Toby Greene lite.

However despite this I believe he views himself as a midfielder. Could be a dangerous player if he gets to split his time between mid and forward.

Had a good year. Can tackle, take contested marks and is clever around goals. A bit like Toby Greene lite.

However despite this I believe he views himself as a midfielder. Could be a dangerous player if he gets to split his time between mid and forward.
He's an inside mid. Just no chance getting time in there behind the 5 superstars.

How do people see Flanders vs bruhn? Similar draft positions a year apart and both at clubs with strong inside midfields.

Bruhn seems to have more class by foot but Flanders more power and forward craft. Both haven’t done a heap at afl level although Flanders on fire in vfl.

Would appear bruhn would cost more.

How do people see Flanders vs bruhn? Similar draft positions a year apart and both at clubs with strong inside midfields.

Bruhn seems to have more class by foot but Flanders more power and forward craft. Both haven’t done a heap at afl level although Flanders on fire in vfl.

Would appear bruhn would cost more.
It appears the club rate Bruhn higher as we’ve done the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back