Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
He is worth a second rounder every day of the week. A young key forward who's capable of kicking bags and has elite pressure for a big is rare. His marking is inconsistent which is the only knock on him. But this is a confidence thing, not a skill deficiency as he's proved that he can take a good grab when firing.

Reckon we would have ever gotten a second round pick for TOB during his time with us. Note also that Kosi has kicked a single bag for us - not bags.

I don't dislike Kosi - really love his endeavour and effort - but there is no present reality where he alone would yield us a second round pick.

When he’s not locked in his bedroom at his mum and dad’s playing World of Warcraft, Twomey spends most of his time lamenting the Hawks. I think he might actually be a Bombers supporter and often finds it hard to hide his Hawthorn hatred. If you can be bothered, check out his RS voting and where he had Newcombe. He’s just a fanboy who has landed his dream job.
He is a bleeding heart Bombers supporter and doesn't hide it, also doesn't hide his hatred of Hawthorn.

In years past he's brought up on the Road to the Draft podcast that he thinks the threepeat was "compromised" due to priority picks. And Nat Edwards would always just laugh and patronise him, quality broadcasting.

But I digress, never listen to a word Cal says about the Hawks because it's 90% vitriol. Unfortunately half the ****ers who write about football (including some of the good ones) are bombers supporters who can't control themselves around the topic of Hawthorn.

Reckon we would have ever gotten a second round pick for TOB during his time with us. Note also that Kosi has kicked a single bag for us - not bags.

I don't dislike Kosi - really love his endeavour and effort - but there is no present reality where he alone would yield us a second round pick.

I blame the jumper. It's been some time since anyone wearing the #23 was able to consistently take overhead marks. :'(

TOB never had the defensive upside of Kosi which is more important these days. Hence a pick in the early 30's is warranted as a minimum. If Kosi can regain the confidence in his hands and we let him go for peanuts he could really embarrass us in the future. I'd much rather keep him than giving him up for a pick in the 40's or worse as an example.

TOB never had the defensive upside of Kosi which is more important these days. Hence a pick in the 30's is warranted. If Kosi can regain the confidence in his hands and we let him go for peanuts he could really embarrass us in the future. I'd much rather keep him than giving him up for a pick in the 40's.

Except TOB was more capable playing as a defender at AFL level…

A second round pick is effectively what we picked up Jack Gunston for. That price for Kosi is never going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R&L update on Bruhn noise
Update.

The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance.

However the cats will push really hard for Bruhn if they miss Hopper.

Hopper to Richmond possibility has thrown a curve ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Update.

The only way Bruhn won’t get to Hawthorn is if the Cats miss out on Hopper. Even if this happens we’re still in with a decent chance.

However the cats will push really hard for Bruhn if they miss Hopper.

Hopper to Richmond possibility has thrown a curve ball.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ooft i give it 10 minutes until this place goes full blown melt down

Oh No Fire GIF

He is worth a second rounder every day of the week. A young key forward who's capable of kicking bags and has elite pressure for a big is rare. His marking is inconsistent which is the only knock on him. But this is a confidence thing, not a skill deficiency as he's proved that he can take a good grab when firing.
So why did he play at Box Hill for rounds 1 - 3, 18 and 22?

Four years post draft, played 36 games for 45 goals. Averaging 1.25 / game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back