Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not anywhere near in the camp of lets give up one of our best young assets to jump 4 slots in the draft, however no this doesnt really snuff it out. Simply says that they wont put up pick 2 for Jackson and that they dont want to lose their strong draft hand. The people in the trade for pick 2 camp could still say that trading back to 6 still happy without effecting both statements
Or and this is more likely they stand firm and threaten the pre season draft?

Sad Arrested Development GIF
Gifs that speak. Love it… here's your medal 🎖️

Ok so this pours cold water on any pick upgrade at least with WCE
Bingo ! We went through all this crap last year re ways to trade up to get pick 3. At the end of the day GWS pretty much said that there was no way they were going to give up it’s prized pick unless they got an offer to good to refuse. We ended up with Ward who is tracking beautifully not mention Cmac and Butler who could both become A graders

There is about a 5-15% chance we get WCE’s pick 2 this year so I’d rather focus on who we get with that pick and seeing what we can get for TOM and possibly Gunston if Brisbane choose to trade and protect their Mcstay Compo

I’ll say it again, including DGB and pick 6 to get pick 2 is crazy talk yet we already have 40 pages of this rubbish..

We give Freo pick 6 for Jai's banged up older brother.
Freo send 6 and 13 to the Dees for Jackson.

Peter Bell will tick it off now that he's off the North and won't give a rats a###.
I'd do 6 for Caleb any day.

I can't wait for this sh*t to be over, completely does my head in and yet I can't be kept away from this thread for long
Haha me too. The complaining really does my head in but I can't walk away.

I tried to placate some of the really upset folks having a moan about Geelong by pointing out their impending cliff, but I was shot down and told they will be strong forever... I was a lacking a bit in self awareness and learned that if folk are upset and having a rant, you just gotta let them be upset.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread IS for your:
  • Trade ideas
  • Players you want us to target
  • Where you argue the value of a currently listed HFC player
  • Where you argue the value of opposition players
  • 16 player mega trades that see the Hawks make out like bandits
  • Ways to get more first round picks
It’s not for lamenting or critiquing trade periods from years gone by for the 500th time, or for Kane Cornes’s hot takes from trade radio.

The AFL Free Agency period opens 30th September - 5pm Oct 7th.
Trade period will kick off Monday October 3, deadline will be on a Wednesday night (October 12, 7.30pm).
We give Freo pick 6 for Jai's banged up older brother.
Freo send 6 and 13 to the Dees for Jackson.

Peter Bell will tick it off now that he's off the North and won't give a rats a###.
Would love this.

Am I the only one that sees Luke Jackson as the most overrated player in the comp? Yes he has high potential, but he’s a second ruck that doesn’t kick goals.. Pick 6 and 13 (or something close) and a million a year offer.. I’d be rioting if I was a freo fan.

Would love this.

Am I the only one that sees Luke Jackson as the most overrated player in the comp? Yes he has high potential, but he’s a second ruck that doesn’t kick goals.. Pick 6 and 13 (or something close) and a million a year offer.. I’d be rioting if I was a freo fan.
I dont think he is over rated, he's unique though. He has the potential to be like a roughead, can be a strong ruck who is great at ground level but also an elite fwd.

One of those players who isn't the best in the comp, but could be the most valuable. Like roughead

Worth every pick

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

If Jackson goes to West Coast for pick 2 then that might actually work in our favour.

Melbourne don't really need to add to their midfield so might be willing to slide back to pick 6 if we can give them something they need... Kosi?

We can land an elite mid at pick 6 anyway. Clark, MacKenzie, Phillipou, Humphrey and Hewitt and 1 or 2 others have just as much talent as Wardlaw and Tsatas. Trading out DGB for a speculative player upgrade is madness.

It would be utter madness when you look at our KPD stocks:

Sicily - undersized KPD, would be better for us if we could free him up a little

Frost - battler, better against medium forwards

Blanck - only several games into his career

Jeka - he's played 2 AFL and 4 VFL games as a defender

It would be utter madness when you look at our KPD stocks:

Sicily - undersized KPD, would be better for us if we could free him up a little

Frost - battler, better against medium forwards

Blanck - only several games into his career

Jeka - he's played 2 AFL and 4 VFL games as a defender
You know as well as anyone here that the club don’t view Denver as a KPD.

If Jackson goes to West Coast for pick 2 then that might actually work in our favour.

Melbourne don't really need to add to their midfield so might be willing to slide back to pick 6 if we can give them something they need... Kosi?
With the Demon's poor forward efficiency and Van Rooyen coming on well, I'd be licking my lips at Tsatas or Sheezel as a Dee's supporter. I couldn't see them trading down based on need unless they were facilitating another deal.

I want to make it very clear that I love DGB, I’m sure he loves the HFC and I really don’t want to lose him, but…

I am absolutely all in on getting pick 2 from the eagles, because we have the worst midfield in the comp that desperately needs some pace and top end class and we have enough defenders to mix and match into roles for the next 5 years - plus McCabe on the horizon next year.

Pick 6 and DGB for Pick 2.

Then send the second round pick we get for Tom to Freo for Logue.

Tsatas, Logue, Amon and pick 24 would be a very handy summer, IMO.

6 + DGB for pick 2 is a terrible trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back