Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be going backwards at a rate of knots if we pin our future on Fergus Greene. VFL is his level, he doesn’t provide enough defensive pressure for a AFL forward.
Its not pinning our future, its getting someone to fill a gap temporarily for zero cost when there doesn't look to be many options available.
Its not like Gunston provides much defensive pressure either but without wanting to spend draft picks he's a decent fill in until Serong matures his body a little.

Hopefully he’ll turn into our version of Dylan Grimes, but our biggest issue is in the midfield.

He’s a commodity that might get the Eagles to hand over Pick 2, and at the top end of the draft is the exact class of mids we lack.
There’s been plenty of players picked in the top 3 that havnt been anywhere near as good as some picks later , it’s not a given so why would we do this trade ? We will get a quality player with pick 7 who might turn out better than wardlaw and others anyway plus keep DGB.

In the event that Gunston leaves, what midsize forwards could be realistic trade targets? What about Josh Corbett? Could he be the type of player that can complement Lewis and Koschitzke? Joel Amartey perhaps? He was just named in the VFL team of the year as the centre half forward.
By all reports he's already a Fremantle player

The DGB talk is actually making me dumber, I'm sure Mark McKenzie would tell you he is a mandatory part of our rebuild plans.

In two seasons Denver will clober some punk on Easter Monday and everyone here will swear they'd eat glass before they part with him for Elijah Tsatas.

Still too much, we need more than one bite at the cherry in the first 25 picks this year or next. I'd want at the minimum a 3rd rounder back as well for that deal.

Then keep 24 this year and offer second pick next year instead as it would potentially get eaten by a McCabe pick anyway.

The DGB talk is actually making me dumber, I'm sure Mark McKenzie would tell you he is a mandatory part of our rebuild plans.

In two seasons Denver will clober some punk on Easter Monday and everyone here will swear they'd eat glass before they part with him for Elijah Tsatas.
That would make you and me...
d&d.gif

Why is it every time I read one of your posts I’m immediately reminded of this

Genuinely amusing you think I’m not aware of it. Keep dreaming about this amazing draft vault we are going to get from our 31 year old free agent.

I cannot be convinced that the difference in possible quality between the 3rd best player in the whole country and the 6th best warrants such a price
It's a steep price to be sure, yet this is the premium you pay.

If you want the elite of the elite mids, you pay up. Wardlaw and Tsatas are those players.

If we want premierships, our midfield must become elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit, while I will never believe in tanking, yet again some of our late season wins have could end up coming with a significant cost. If for example, we end up having to trade DGB to get down to pick 2 it's a huge cost!

Crows didn’t shop him around like the poster was suggesting, they wanted to keep him and were prepared to match and settled on a trade that was unders for what he was worth.

Actually it was a mutual agreement between all parties - the Cats never even officially lodged an offer for Dangerfield that off season for Adelaide to match.

Interestingly Junior Rioli has requested a trade to Port. WC are not happy after paying his wages and legal fees for the 2 years he was banned and then supporting him when he resumed playing. You would be thinking that WC will be playing hard ball and will be after at least pick 8 from Port.

Interestingly Junior Rioli has requested a trade to Port. WC are not happy after paying his wages and legal fees for the 2 years he was banned and then supporting him when he resumed playing. You would be thinking that WC will be playing hard ball and will be after at least pick 8 from Port.
They'll ask for Georgiades.

I have to admit, while I will never believe in tanking, yet again some of our late season wins have could end up coming with a significant cost. If for example, we end up having to trade DGB to get down to pick 2 it's a huge cost!
Please don’t compare this year to the last 3-4 under Clarkson. Sam did this year what Clarkson should have done starting 2017. Difference is he just happened to coach really well this year and incorporate a more attacking game plan as opposed to Clarkos defend first crap

Fair to say most supporters really enjoyed this year as opposed to the last 5 under Clarko. I’ll take that every day of the week if it means we get pick 7 instead of 2 or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back