Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we can get ourselves involved in the Jackson trade if he goes to the Eagles

Hawthorn: Lose 6 + Kosi + Brockman for Pick 2 and 32
Melbourne: Lose Jackson and 32 for Pick 6 and Kosi
Eagles: Lose Pick 2 for Jackson and Brockman

Id also consider trading next years first and something else (maybe 32 or the Titch pick) to the Suns for pick 7 (they have a couple of good academy prospects next year to potentially pay for) and go really hard at the draft this year with a view to building via free agency in the next few years.

I wouldnt be thrilled losing our back up KPF but im not sure he is in our Best 22 next year and our midfield is in major need of repair and if we can hit 5 very good players from two drafts (I rate at least Ward and CMac as this) it will pay off in a few years
So West coast get Jackson and Brockman for pick 2?

They’d do that in a second.

We get bent over though

Dees are going full Dodo on Freo. Asking for 2 x top 10 picks for Jackson. He's bog average.
Former pick 3,rising star winner, 30+ games under his belt, including a huge grand final, premiership player to boot.
Entitled to ask for plenty I reckon

Again I am only interested in the future of the HFC.

Play DGB forward. As I have said before. Don’t be surprised to see Scrim forward.

All that said, Logue could be seen as an advance beyond DGB staying. Logue would be essential. Anyway, I muse.

How will this change if Jack ends up in Brisbane ?? Not that I am suggesting that is what is about to occur, but the numbers are not looking favourable.

Again I am only interested in the future of the HFC. Play DGB forward. As I have said before. Don’t be surprised to see Scrim forward.

All that said, Logue could be seen as an advance beyond DGB staying. Logue would be essential. Anyway, I muse.

How will this change if Jack ends up in Brisbane ?? Not that I am suggesting that is what is about to occur, but the numbers are not looking favourable.
Logue just isn’t that good, though.

Kosi is better as a Forward & we have better in Defence. I’d much rather Lobb for a 3rd than Logue for a 2nd.

We would want 3 good first-rounders for Sicily so I see your point, but he is our best player. Plus he is apparently happy at Hawthorn.

IF we decided to trade him, and I think it would be a gigantic IF, we could persuade him to go by explaining that he is far more likely to earn AA honours playing somewhere else.
Apparently happy at Hawthorn ??

You’d like to think he’s very happy at Hawthorn as he signed a 5 year contract extension in May this year.

From what I was told tonight ( by someone connect to Freo) if we want pick 2 we might have to deal with the Dees!
If Dees get pick 2 they'll take Cadman. Would possibly benefit us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So West coast get Jackson and Brockman for pick 2?

They’d do that in a second.

We get bent over though
we win out of that trade big time, we do not get bent over at all.

Last edited:
As much as I would love pick 2 it’s not worth the cost at the stage we are at. we simply need more top 30 talent in the door
And stay the course of the path we set out on. The only real way to improve your draft hand is bottom out (but we have seen how largely unsuccessful that is) or be prepared to part with good players to the right team at the right time. I don’t want to bottom out and we don’t have any of those players except Sicily, so we need to be prepared to improve incrementally and unfortunately slowly. The approach to invest finally in the draft and support that with senior opportunities will hopefully mean that slow rise is as fast as it possibly can be. As much as I love clarko for all he did for us, I feared we may have become the next st kilda…

Would people do 7+16 for pick 3?

24+30(equals pick 10) I can see a scenario where Hawthorn trade 24+ Mitchell's Pick(30*)+Gunston for 16*+ Future third.
Hawthorn don’t have pick 7
Nor do Bris have pick 16

We can’t trade a pick we don’t ACTUALLY have

I know you are going to use the ‘but we will after F/S’ etc bullshit but we don’t have that pick.
If we are trading our 1st pick, we would be trading pick 6 & Bris would be trading pick 15

Last edited:
If people keep going off on flights of fancy that we are going to end up with a second rounder for Gunston I’m within my rights to remind them of why it’s not likely. Apologies if I’m getting in the way of the DGB for pick 2 hot takes.
SO If Gunston and Brissie decide not to go down the FA path and take the trade path, should a trade not be beneficial for both clubs?

What do you think would be a fair "TRADE" price for Gunston, considering the buyer apparently offer 3 years at good money?

I wonder if they realise he can go to psd and get to west coast? North won’t take him.
Reckon they're just desperately trying to anchor his price higher knowing that he didn't exactly do his value any favours this year, they'll have to cave. The PSD is a threat rarely followed through.

SO If Gunston and Brissie decide not to go down the FA path and take the trade path, should a trade not be beneficial for both clubs?

What do you think would be a fair "TRADE" price for Gunston, considering the buyer apparently offer 3 years at good money?

He’s a free agent who would only be traded for because Brisbane don’t want to compromise the McStay compo pick they need. It’s not a matter of what I want - teams won’t shit on each other in this scenario so we’d get a token late pick as a result. Apologies if being realistic doesn’t indulge your ‘omg let’s play hardball!!’ tendencies.

From what I was told tonight ( by someone connect to Freo) if we want pick 2 we might have to deal with the Dees!

The Dees are after Grundy and the Pies have an interest in Tom Mitchell, are we able to get involved here to get pick 2 and give up pick 6 as the framework?

Then shuffle picks to balance things out so it is acceptable to all parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back