Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh yeah, I'd be disappointed if we're not making finals in 2025. Contending from 2026.

I'm supportive of this approach, we can't just keep taking the picks given to us each year. That's treading water.

I'm just curious on Amon, it won't be as easy for him the next few years. It won't be easy for any outside player. Perhaps he can develop his game to win more of his own ball in the middle.

I'm expecting Nash will be invaluable next year to provide size through the middle. And I'm really excited to see if Finn can evolve into a two may mid as the season roles on.

Like this year, I'll be enjoying watching the kids develop. But I just hope with all the experience lost we can avoid regular beltings as we mostly did this year.

Win-loss won't be the marker in 2023.

Couldn't agree more. Really expect to see Nash and Finn do a lot more heavy lifting in the middle freeing up Ward, Moore and McDonald playing more midfield minutes. Big question mark is Worpel. He either rediscovers his B&F form or just falls out of favour completely, there will be no in between. Hope we do get XOH from GWS, change of atmosphere may do him a world of good

We are losing our two best clearance (over 200) and contested mids. Tom and omeara were doing most of the heavy lifting last season. Others will need to step up. We will need Finn, Worpel and Nash to reach new heights next season just to stay level. It’s exciting and daunting at the same time 😀
Jai Newcombe was Hawthorns best clearance player by a street. He might not have them on numbers but he dominates them on quality.

Couldn't agree more. Really expect to see Nash and Finn do a lot more heavy lifting in the middle freeing up Ward, Moore and McDonald playing more midfield minutes. Big question mark is Worpel. He either rediscovers his B&F form or just falls out of favour completely, there will be no in between. Hope we do get XOH from GWS, change of atmosphere may do him a world of good
I’m backing Worpel in

Really? The kids drove Hawthorn this year. And they are another year older next year. No one knows who they are yet but things are not that bleak.
Yeah. Even if we trade out Tom and Jaeger we’ll still have 22 of our top 25 in the PCM on the list next years, plus the additions Amon and Meek.

Tom and Jaeger will leave a whole but we’ve got growth happening everywhere on the list, so onward and upward.

You just have to laugh at this BS postering. Every year it's "x player" is required and won't be traded or a team threatens to scuttle a deal in progress and then next minute it's done. :laughv1:

Quit the horseshit and just do the damn trade.

Freo threatening to keep Meek is laughable.

Bloke would be on **** all money for one more year then walk through the psd. We’d be offering at least 3x the money, starting ruck position, and a move to his home state.

No wonder their players leave the first chance they get, treated like assets.

Cooney think Mitchell would struggle to make Collingwoods best 22 :drunk:

Cooney, Goddard and Rendell are objectively bad at their jobs on trade radio.

No effort made at all to understand each teams list, profile and requirements.

Cooney is just having a laugh though, not sure he gives a shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooney think Mitchell would struggle to make Collingwoods best 22 :drunk:
Cooney is a dumb ex footy player bogan and everything wrong with footy media, he has no business being a part of it.

Cooney is just having a laugh though, not sure he gives a s**t.

Is Hutchy paying these goons to sit there for hours and talk dribble and make up fantasy trades or is this role being sold to them as a career development opportunity….. ie- you can use me as a reference if you put in a couple of weeks of work for free.

The other day SoS didn’t know who one of the top draft picks was (understand the irony as I forgot who they were talking about) and Barrett didn’t know who cadman was how are these people taking about trades?
Because they have no competition and people listen to it anyway

Cooney is just having a laugh though, not sure he gives a s**t.
The problem with trade week media is that the D-team gets rolled out as everyone else goes on holidays post-season.

Jack Gunston to Brisbane deal done for pick 48.
Will that pick be enough for Meek?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back