birtchall
sewell
mcglynn
mitchell
hodge
campbell
franklin
croad

hm.. didnt really relsie how many i had till i wrote them all out. 10/30 ... less than what i started off with last year.

In 22 - Mitchell, Hodge - 100+ scorers on a consistant basis.

Emergency list - Boyle, Ellis, Kennedy, Renouf.

Boyle is only $92,000 in supercoach, yet looks set to be in the side as a tall forward, especially if he can manage to play like he did vs carlton. Ellis and Kennedy look set to be stars and will definately get game time a little later on. Renouf was a 50/50, but there is a severe lack of depth in the ruck this year on supercoach wich made my decision easier

Every year I'm tempted to completely stack my team with Hawthorn players out of love for the club and every guy on our list. I never do it though, as I know I'd have no chance of winning the comp!

Interested to see how many Hawks guys tend to be picked by the people on the BF Hawks list. I've gone for the following this year:

Birchall
Boyle
Croad
Muston
Ellis
Dowler
Franklin
Campbell
Taylor (based only on the fact he is guaranteed game time this year and is therefore on my emergency list)
Mitchell
Hodge

Was tempted to go for Crawf as well but ended up leaving him out - if he is performing consistently well over the first few rounds I will add him in.

Should have said, out of the above Ellis, Boyle, Muston, Taylor and Dowler are in my reserves. Largely there not because they're likely to contribute 70-80 points a week, but rather that they will more likely get the occasional game before or more often than other cheap players, and as the season goes on should appreciate in value to give some trade leverage.

Or, 1 or 2 could turn out to be this year's Marc Murhpy and be a total gun!

All good in theory - lets see how I'm looking after a few rounds!

I Have four:-
Birchall
Croad
Ellis
Franklin

I am very tempted to add Boyle and Muston before the season though, but am trying to have a spread of players amongst teams.

Lewis looks to be a great buy aswell!

6 hawks in my team:

Brown
Mitchell
Campbell
Franklin
Williams &
Muston in reserve.

Remember, we have one of the highest number of possessions in the league... can't hurt to have a few Hawks in there.

Not many of you have Mitchell in and yet he scored very well last year and is pretty well priced this year

Yes I do see the ones that do have him......

Maybe we could make a sticky and see how our respective teams progress this year?
Also, I might set up a team of just Hawks and see how that goes by comparison.

will ellis play in rnd 1?

and it seems to me that ben mcglynn, judging by your supporters, will not be in the 22?

i'm really leaning towards jordan lewis in my side

oh and will hodge be carrying an injury through the year again?

ps - dont get boyle...much better options for reserves

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Hawks fans,

I was considering Ben McGlynn in my side, his price is cheap for the numbers he put up last year. Will he make the Hawthorn side in R1 and will he be a regular throughout the season?

i have Mitchell, Campbell and Croad on the ground with xavier ellis and Renouf on the pine. Just a little query Can Xavier Ellis play the game or his he just a little weed who got lots of kicks in school footy?? dont know facts on him but just wondering????

everyone has renouf... is he likely to start round 1??

I dont actually think he will play early in the season so ive actually chosen Taylor in my team. Should play every game and hopefully kick a few goals throughout the season

here's mine...
gilham
williams
franklin
young
bailey
smith
kennedy
tuck
boyle
thought I'd give the young fellas a go as my salary cap deteriated:D

Has anyone got the word about whether Croad will start at CHB or CHF this year?? Also, how much of a pre-season did he have?

Could make the difference to being a good buy or a terrible buy in DT...

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks in your Dream Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back