Autopsy Hawks v Tigers - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 3:20pm - (M.C.G.)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 68 90.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This was a great day

I'm glad you enjoyed it but you should probably take that win with a grain of salt.

Hawthorn supporters (including myself) don't like to admit it (especially given our propensity to win late season games at the cost of draft picks), but that was a clear case of throwing the game so we didn't lose our priority pick.

That was the 2nd last game of the year. IN order to qualify for an extra start of the first round (i.e. top 2) pick at the time, teams needed to win 5 games or less. We had won 5 games at that point with one game (against a top side) left in the season.

We dominated early then threw the chess pieces around with as the commentators said a number of "gifts" for goals. Somehow Richmond managed to win by 3 points, with the last goal the difference between Hawthorn only receiving pick 5 or receiving pick 3 and 6. In the stand I was sitting, Hawthorn supporters celebrated that last Richmond goal as much as the Richmond fans.

Probably a bit of justice that the players we took at the top of that draft were not that great (with respect to Ellis who had a good game in the Grand Final 3 years later).

I'm glad you enjoyed it but you should probably take that win with a grain of salt.

Hawthorn supporters (including myself) don't like to admit it (especially given our propensity to win late season games at the cost of draft picks), but that was a clear case of throwing the game so we didn't lose our priority pick.

That was the 2nd last game of the year. IN order to qualify for an extra start of the first round (i.e. top 2) pick at the time, teams needed to win 5 games or less. We had won 5 games at that point with one game (against a top side) left in the season.

We dominated early then threw the chess pieces around with as the commentators said a number of "gifts" for goals. Somehow Richmond managed to win by 3 points, with the last goal the difference between Hawthorn only receiving pick 5 or receiving pick 3 and 6. In the stand I was sitting, Hawthorn supporters celebrated that last Richmond goal as much as the Richmond fans.

Probably a bit of justice that the players we took at the top of that draft were not that great (with respect to Ellis who had a good game in the Grand Final 3 years later).
Okay mate I'll go back and tell my 15-year-old self not to enjoy it cos Hawks were tanking :straining:

That was a different game. This one was early in 2003

So maybe this time the headline will be Hawks come from 51 points behind ;)

Nah I like Nick Watson, I followed the rainbow to his pot of gold the other day and got a wish.
Makes sense why opposition supporters like him. Once he gets to 50 scoring shots he is on track to be in the worst 10 of all time in terms of goal kicking accuracy.

If he starts slotting them... The comp is on trouble

Hard not to be overconfident here.

Sam has been hammering the playing group with the importance of not taking any game lightly.

I also noticed he wanted them to be more ruthless when we had Carlton absolute cooked (I agree, I think we could've piled on another 4-5 goals in the 4th).

I think we should see a team that has been given a firm message of absolutely go for the kill, which SHOULD result in a 60-100 point margin given where Richmond are at with personnel and motivation to win.

This should be a massacre if we're serious about contending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this isn’t 100 plus I’d be surprised. Richmond have checked out, they barely laid a tackle last week, and it’s Hawthorns strength at the moment with their high octane game style. Foot to the throat all game, on the G and make them look silly, could be the biggest win of 2024.

I think we'll absolutely belt Richmond this week - 100 points should be the goal.

But next week very different challenge, Clarkson has rested Sheezel and has his eye on ruining our season. We must be ready for this.

Sheezel is a good chance to not play next week
Hope so, I don't want to get past all these hurdles this year and to be undone by a crazy Clarkson.

Denying Carlton a finals berth?
Would be hilarious if they missed.

I'm not really fussed about the result this week, want to see the kids play well though.

I do hope the young Hawks make finals ahead of some other teams, would be a great turn around from where they were.

I do want to win the final round though, to celebrate Dusty's lap of honour

The way I remember it was Spider Everitt was dominating, then unfortunately ran into Greg Stafford’s elbow. After that it was one way traffic. Was a great day at the footy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks v Tigers - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sun August 18th 3:20pm - (M.C.G.)

Back