Preview Hawks vs Dockers - Teams, Preview, Bartos & Gameday Thread **** It all happens here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if McPhee will tag Burgoyne instead of Hodge. Burgoyne is not fond of the thuggish tag & Hodge is tagged best by someone who can beat him to the ball (a la O'Keefe) than someone who will hit him in the midriff.

In any case, it's a good problem to have. I'm looking forward to see how we man up at the stoppages. That will tell us what sort of a chance we have against them.

Lewis to play a blinder.

Worthy of a bump

Herald.jpg

Re: Team vs Fremantle

hahaha i think buddy still kicked 3-4 that day... wouldn't say it was a BATH... but north won easily... so that would tell u a lot

Haha....yeah, he certainly wasn't given a bath. Buddy was one of our best. Kicked 3.3 from memory and after a sloppy start by the team he was the one who dragged us back into the game before that runt Harvey got a charity 50 on the wing just before 3/4 time (against Joel Smith I think) that arrested our momentum and they then went on with it.

As for Gibson....got some MASSIVE HELP by Pratt and a few others that night and still Buddy was one of our best.

Thought Whitecross had just about his best game in the B&G last week. The coaches have always rated him and have stuck with him most of the year - well right here is hopefully where that will pay off. I expect him to be a star next year.

And kudos to the much-maligned Tom Murphy. He has eliminated the howler errors from his game in the second half of the season and become part of a pretty tight back 6. He deserves a good game.

We go into this confident, well-prepared, and with as good a side as one could expect to get on the park at this time of the year, so there will be no excuses if we don't get up.

Fremantle know what's coming and it's hard, unsociable, skilful, and at times brilliant footy.

I'm usually pretty confident (optimistic?) heading into most matches, but even more so this time. Even though it's being played at Subi, I get the feeling our more experienced heads will be too much for the inexperienced Dockers and will drag us across the line.

The usual suspects are going to have blinders. Cyzza to carve it up.

In: Hodge
Out: Fremantle
I'm feeling mildly ill in anticipation of this match. Should be a gimme on paper as others have said but.. Sewell and Lewis and Roughy to go very well, everyone else their normal awesome best.

Thought Whitecross had just about his best game in the B&G last week. The coaches have always rated him and have stuck with him most of the year - well right here is hopefully where that will pay off. I expect him to be a star next year.

And kudos to the much-maligned Tom Murphy. He has eliminated the howler errors from his game in the second half of the season and become part of a pretty tight back 6. He deserves a good game.

We go into this confident, well-prepared, and with as good a side as one could expect to get on the park at this time of the year, so there will be no excuses if we don't get up.

Fremantle know what's coming and it's hard, unsociable, skilful, and at times brilliant footy.

Agree totally. Whitex played the best game i have seen from him against the pies. He has gone from a no impact, making up the numbers type player (early in the year), to a solid contributor in the late part of the season. His inexperience showed a little late in the final quarter, and he made a couple of clangers in the second half, but other than that he had a very solid game, seems to have pretty good ball sense.

Murph has been doing a great job in the back 6 for most of the season, its Goo that worries me when he has the ball at the moment, its going to always be 'creative' - either for us or the opposition. He is still good value back there as we need somebody who is prepared to take a few attacking chances, and for his physicality - really makes the forwards feel the pressure coming.

Welcome to Hell 'Docker boys, Saturday your going to witness what finals football is all about :D be afraid, be very afraid................................

The Dockers players may have changed from last time we played them but their game plan won't.
The hawks players may not have changed but their game plan will.
I think the Dockers will get beat up, the Hawks won't be holding any thing back this is finals time and there will be no playing around this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 degrees chance of a shower. Think that will be good for us

All dependant on that High to the sw of WA - is it gonna ridge in and force the cold front to only graze the coast, or is the front going to have more impetus and lash sw WA? too early to tell and I'm not sure whether I want it wet or dry.. the wet saved us against melbourne. I'll say I want it fine for a clean game. Perhaps similar to Tassie weather a fortnight ago ;)

Too strong and too experienced we will be. Don't forget our great Captain. Sammy has averaged over 30 possessions a game against the Freo over the past three seasons.

My money is on him to have a big one this weekend. He looked really solid against Freo a couple of weeks back.

Statistically Mitch, Sewell and Cyril have been our best against Freo in recent times..whilst Sandilands, Pav and Duffield have been Freos best.

After a very disapointing 2009, a very slow average start to 2010 and pride on the line, The Hawkers WILL NOT let this opportunity slip. It just wont happen.

Plus Im sure I am speaking on behalf of 54,000 members, that we all want that opportunity against either the Cats or Saints at the home of footy (The G) to progress to a prelim.

If we dont do the job sat, then massive, massive questions will be asked. You cant have that much talent and be mediocre.

I cant wait for this game, 1 more sleep, then bring it on!!!!September is the greatest month of the year.

I think sandilnds is the only thing keeping the dockers in this.

Much is made of their top players getting a rest 2 weeks ago.

I dont rate that. If anything due to the pathetic show by the dockers who did play that day, Hawks got nothing more than a fair training run if anything.

For Birch and Hodge to get injured was unforgivable

I think sandilnds is the only thing keeping the dockers in this.

Much is made of their top players getting a rest 2 weeks ago.

I dont rate that. If anything due to the pathetic show by the dockers who did play that day, Hawks got nothing more than a fair training run if anything.

For Birch and Hodge to get injured was unforgivable

Not sure if unforgivable is the word I'd use, unfortunate perhaps?

Anyway -the Bartos report made the great point that Freo are going into the game with the same back six that they had in Tassie. Those guys won't be feeling too confident going in.

I guess the fortunate thing for us is previously guys like Bateman, Hodge and Mitchell would always get tagged, but with the emergence of Rioli, Young and Burgoyne there's only so many players they can afford to shut down. Bateman's a run-with player now who's usually released in the last quarter to do maximum damage, while the opposition are more wary of guys like Young and Rioli than they probably should be which gives us the advantage of being able to let Mitch, Sewell, Lewis and Ellis run free.

Not sure if unforgivable is the word I'd use, unfortunate perhaps?

Anyway -the Bartos report made the great point that Freo are going into the game with the same back six that they had in Tassie. Those guys won't be feeling too confident going in.

1. Just a bit tounge in cheek thing there !

2. Good to hear.

3. You get the feeling freo have put all thir eggs into getting a home final foir thir fans. they sacrificed a possible 4th spot to get that (with a qualifying final at etihad probably). I reckon they'll settle for an 'honourable' loss

We on the other hand can see 4 wobbly skaters back here in victoria just waiting for a "bradbury" to happen

You guys will be the laughing stock of the AFL if you dont beat a bunch of teenagers.
Btw is hodges knee OK? I havn;t seen any discussion of this.

You guys will be the laughing stock of the AFL if you dont beat a bunch of teenagers.
The core of your team is experienced enough (Sandilands, Pavlich, McPharlin, Grover, Hayden, Mundy, Johnson) and that's why you guys have done as well as you have this year. Teenagers or not, you guys should be playing finals every year with that kind of talent in their prime.

Let's not get too carried away with the AFL Laughing Stock tag dude. My memory goes back beyond the last 22 weeks & the guy wearing the loser sash is in a purple shirt if you get my drift...

Let's not get too carried away with the AFL Laughing Stock tag dude. My memory goes back beyond the last 22 weeks & the guy wearing the loser sash is in a purple shirt if you get my drift...

I have only one thing to say .... Cmon Hawks BELT EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back