Preview Hawks vs Geelong - Preliminary Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

%86 efficiency, 1 Clanger. 0 Free's Against. (110 SC Points says you picked the wrong match to say he makes more mistakes than anyone)
The mistake he unfortunately made was when he had half the ground, and miskicked to a player in space. I think it cost us a goal, but you can't say he didn't have a great game.
I think Clarko has man love for Fed, hopefully replacing X man, so I think Jed will stay, and someone with a niggle will miss out.

Hawks vs Geelong prelim... Lock it in.

If we lose this, there is a chance ill kill myself. Or better yet, kill Jeff Kennett. Seriously it must end here. We all knew it would come. To win the flag we must beat the cats and end this curse. I think most of us (secretly perhaps) hoped they would get knocked out saving us from playing them. But I truely believe we won't win a flag unless we break the curse first...such is the power of this curse- which explains 2012.

The time has come. We are peaking and the cats looked a bit flat. Sure they play well against us but this time round it looks as though we actually have a plan B (even C).

I was hoping to play the cats in the GF. That way getting suspended would not be an issue, cause we all know its gonna be brutal.

F**k it I'm calling it, hawks to smash cats by 10 goals. Then go onto win the grand final.

If we lose, we'll, ill either be dead or in jail. Don't kill me hawks I am depending on you...

Ok, I want Geelong and their fittest, most able team because I genuinely believe this year we are so focused and determined to win the flag nothing is stopping us. I want to be able to see the shitehawks Johnson, Selwood and Chapman being dismantled by Sewell, Mitch, Jed and The General in a game that means something. We will beat them.

Bud in for Spangher.
Rioli only in if he's 100%. Most likely for Anderson or Shiels, in the end I think for Anderson as we need Shiels as a tagger vs talented midfields of both Gee/Port. But Breust should be looking over his shoulder as well.. perhaps most like-for-like swap with Rioli and Brewster needs to prove himself in a big game. Hope that happens in the prelim!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt mind the result of the Port vs Collingwood game. I reckon if Collingwood won tonight, Im certain Collingwood would of knocked off Geelongistan and the hawks would of belted the Magpies regardless of Buddy and Cyril playing...

For some reason the Hawks always beat the Magpies.

Still Im glad the hawks won on friday though.

Gee... tough call dropping a bloke who can take a contested overhead mark for someone who can't. If you can't get that run of clear, clean, set shots on goal in finals footy, teams like Geelong will cut you to threads on the rebound.

Taylor lost his spot late to Renouf..... I hate to say it, Buddy has just got to start marking the phuking pill, otherwise he is a liability.

You want a chance at Finals Footy this year Buddy? I have a Pen!

Don't get me wrong I love Buddy as much as anyone, but I saw a bloke wearing 27 who is desperate to play for "MY CLUB" and that means something to me!

Horses for courses, but after the balance that clicked in the second half tonight.... No change! It's time the club made a stand for the NOW!

Extremely proud of all the Hawks that took the field tonight...... Extremely Proud!
Hear hear!

I didnt mind the result of the Port vs Collingwood game. I reckon if Collingwood won tonight, Im certain Collingwood would of knocked off Geelongistan and the hawks would of belted the Magpies regardless of Buddy and Cyril playing...

For some reason the Hawks always beat the Magpies.

Still Im glad the hawks won on friday though.

Because Hawthorn is a vastly superior football team, what isn't there to get?

Because Hawthorn is a vastly superior football team, what isn't there to get?

Well I know Port beat the pies Tonight. The hawks also beat Port Easily in the past. I just enjoy Joffa and those collingwood fans go nuts when they lose to the hawks.

Would love to see a Hawks vs Magpies grand final. It wont happen this year though.

First step in this process is to try to get Port over the line next weekend.

Imagine Geelong if they bomb out of the finals from 2nd spot by losing to Freo and Port both at home?

I think we should all go to the MCG next Friday night wearing our Hawthorn scarves and cheer like mad for Port. If they play the right game they can beat Geelong. Let's hope their fairytale can continue for one more week.

We're currently a stronger team than our 2008 team. Geelong are currently a weaker team than their 2008 team.

Absolutely no physical reason our boys can't get it done if we have to play them in 2 weeks. To mentally beat them they simply need to acknowledge and accept the above is true and the rest will follow.

If we lose to the cats in the prelim then I'm afraid it might be enough to turn me off footy.
After seeing how corrupt our league is with Vlad and his cover up with the drug cheats, losing to the cats in the prelim will just about push me over the edge.
I really hope they start believing they can win and not get sucked in by all the curse crap.
Also we need to win easy and not a close scrap like it always is as we will most likely be playing a fresh Freo!

Hear hear!

Finally someone who understands the heart of the argument. I'm sick of the shit...... Finals have been dished up in front of the bloke and he is yet to sign with the offer put in front of him???????

Tippett showed what happens when you sell your soul for the devil. 900k per year..... I thought he would have been able to defend as well. The Swans were deflated when their so called saviour conceded to Lake.

We have to stop pussy footing around the bloke.... Stupid free kicks...... Stupid suspensions...... he either wants to stay or not. He needs to make his decision as I feel, the club is in a position of strength now to start pouring the acid.

If we lose to the cats in the prelim then I'm afraid it might be enough to turn me off footy.
After seeing how corrupt our league is with Vlad and his cover up with the drug cheats, losing to the cats in the prelim will just about push me over the edge.
I really hope they start believing they can win and not get sucked in by all the curse crap.
Also we need to win easy and not a close scrap like it always is as we will most likely be playing a fresh Freo!

This is what upsets me the most because we're definitely going to bruised and battered after that Geelong game. Meanwhile it's hard to see Freo having it that tough against Sydney or Richmond or Carlton in WA. Having said all the above I would not discount Port rolling Geelong next week. Geelong looked rattled today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back