Preview Hawks vs Pies - Discussion and changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ins, outs, paroled. Discuss here.

263134-armed-men-ransack-second-hand-shop.jpg

Grimley didn't do much, apart from his huge leap in the second quarter (IIRC) and his goal. Presuming the worst for Gunner, you'd think that Spangher would retain his place as the third tall forward, with Franklin coming back. The club reckons Birchall would be right to play, so I'd say the following:

Ins: Birchall, Franklin
Outs: Gunston (inj), Grimley

Gunston injury is a blow (Clarko denying an injury) thought Spangher provided a good target and showed some desperation. Rioli might be in trouble for that tackle but hopefully not. Grimley is a talent but we need Bailey back for the finals. Thought Simpkin and Sewell were both quiet tonight so one of them could make way next week.

Ins: Buddy, Bailey and Birchall
Outs: Gunston, Grimley and Sewell (Rioli if suspended)

Hoping tonight we were taking it easy ready to come out hard against the Pies. We really need to start hitting our straps with the finals looming. Hopefully Pies will be sore after their game with the Swans and with our extra days break we have no excuses.

Don't want to see Grimley again this year( but look forward to seeing a beefed-up version in 2014 :thumbsu: ) Hill got chased down late which surprised me cause I'm led to believe speed was his main attribute and he should of been reasonably fresh as the sub. Needs to contribute more to the team for mine.

I really like Simpkin but would like to see him back as a sub. Don't think he's got the tank for a whole game week in week out. Spangs should stick around at least for the next week or 2 as he was at least presence out there tonight.

In: Birch, Franklin.
Out: Grimley, Gunston :(

I'm tired. That game was tough to watch.

In: Anderson, Franklin, Birchall
Out: Grimley, Hill, Simpkin

Grimley has great athletic capabilities but his football brain is non existent. If he can sort that out, he will be a player. Franklin will cause Collingwood all sorts of problems. Don't expect much from Birch.

Out: Grimley, Spanger, Hill
In: Buddy, Maxy, Anderson

Hopefully Gunston was just a corky and not the 7 week quad Dr Peter (I have no f####in idea) Larkins 1st predicted.

He said Watson & Dangerfield were not going to play last weekend... I actually like this in & out better but Birch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I personally think our training load has been increased over the last 3 weeks to prepare for finals, the reason why we have looked flat. Watch out Collingwood :)

I reckon Bailey, Birch and Buddy will come in
Spangher. Grimley and Gunstall out.

I reckon next week will be red hot - Clarko might put a few on notice. A lot of guys after half time just wanted to run when we had the footy and not work both ways...I know it was poor opposition and we were never in danger but you just gotta look at the guys like Poppy, Duryea and co who are trying to cement their spot for September and going hard right until the end!!

Again, for what it's worth.... @jackgunston: Appreciate all the tweets tonight another solid win by the lads! Looking forward to next week!!
Ambiguous post is ambiguous but I guess it's a good sign

Hope he's ok

Bring Buddy, Hodge, Birch, Shiels or Bailey back if they're available but who knows. Also maybe give Ando a go if he has another decent week in the VFL

Out: Spangher (Tries hard but not good enough. Purely insurance for Lake, Gibbo, Stratts). Whitecross and maybe Breust. Gunston if he doesn't come up

Whitecross just hasn't been the same since he has come back. Hasn't seemed to have lost any mobility or anything but just isn't as good. Breust seems to have poor confidence at the moment.

What has Cyril done? I was at the game and didn't notice anything, mind you I was up the top level and my eyesight isn't great.

What has Cyril done? I was at the game and didn't notice anything, mind you I was up the top level and my eyesight isn't great.

Just answering my own question..
Saw the footage on the main board and all the nuffs going off again about the way Cyril tackles.
Nothing to worry about..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back