Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like last year, a special thank you to the media for ruining the week! What a complete farce it's been.
Grand Final eve and unable to watch anything today due to the amount of bias and dribble.
It's really just felt like any other week in our household. Flat as, no build up at all.

Last year King picked the Dockers. And he was WRONG. Still waiting for an explanation ..and an apology. He is irritating me so much! Grrrr. But then again the media puffed up the Dockers too, except for a few. Just the same tomorrow as it was last year.Some must be so jealous of our club. Wouldn't I love to put a :thumbsu: up King and a few others proverbials. Just hope we can.. I need a voodoo doll for a few commentators..

One thing that struck me today from the Parade, was the steely focus from our Captain when he and that other bloke held the cup up.

Seeing the replay of that scene on 360, it seems like an ominous omen....
THE STEELY FOCUS
this
this is the difference between the two teams, unfinished business versus wouldn't it be nice

1991: Eagles Favourite
2008: Cats hot Favourite
2012: Hawks Favourite
2013: Dockers Favourite
2014: Swans Favourite

As much as it sucks having the media jumping on the Swans bandwagon, drooling over there forward line and deeper midfield, we have a better record as the underdog in grand finals. Victory will be oh so sweet!

We were favs last year despite a big week of media love for freo

, unfinished business versus wouldn't it be nice

Ok.

This sums it up for me.

That is why the leadership of Luke Hodge is so important....

Ps: Today in the Parade, I was trying to get a good pic of Hodgeys car. Cooper saw me doing this, and gave me a lasting glare that almost made me feel ordinary for intruding. Daddy's boy. Future Captain.

I'd have to say that Lake's daughter celebrating after the Grand Final win last year was one of my favourite images of Hawks support of all time.

The other was the kid in tears screaming "Carn Hawkas" at the end of the PF last year.

Let's give them something to celebrate again tomorrow.

I love this club.

Ah yeah, young Nick Kann, grandson of Brian Kann the Hawks first premiership captain (albeit reserves)
Hawks blood runs deep there, lift Hawkers!

LOL David Kings got Sydney winning by 68 points
Mind boggles on how he became a sports commentator, the guy is a complete moron. Watched a few replays of some of the footy shows on fox and the rubbish he has spun all week is ridiculous and not to mention his obsession with Buddy is becoming very unhealthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

I'll pass on an observation about the great man. Spent a few minutes in his company today.

He was scarily intense. Head held high staring off into what seemed liked tomorrow 5pm.

He looks very fit. Very focused. And 100% in command of his emotions, his team and our destiny.

We have an opportunity to write history tomorrow. Beyond that of another flag. Beyond that of the rare back-to-back.

Winning this flag would be about all of the above.

But it would be underwritten by the considerable adversity we've overcome this year.

And it will only be achieved by harnessing the very ethos coded into the Hawthorn DNA: doing it the hard way.

A win tomorrow would not only write the greatest chapter in our history. It would be achieved the hard way.

And that would honour everyone at the club , our supporters, but fittingly the players who have trod the same path down through the years.

Because we're the club we are today because we embrace and build on our history.

And there's no better man, no more inspirational leader, than I would want to be leading our team out on the field tomorrow than Luke Hodge.

He had the look today like he was ready to write history.

Exceptionally well said Grizz! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mind boggles on how he became a sports commentator, the guy is a complete moron. Watched a few replays of some of the footy shows on fox and the rubbish he has spun all week is ridiculous and not to mention his obsession with Buddy is becoming very unhealthy.

Wayne Carey was paying out on him the other day, was pretty funny. Was calling him 'champion data' and said take away those stats (which everyone has access to) and he offers doughnuts.

Article%20Lead%20-%20narrow6150735710mlxlimage.related.articleLeadNarrow.353x0.10mbdp.png1411709214064.jpg-300x0.jpg

Look at our captain here! :D
From Colac Under 18s - pic from this very article.

Gotta bit of the Billy Idol going there! :D:D

Good grief! Don't let MistyAvalon see this, she will be swooning :D

#hothodgey

Are we even playing tomorrow,it seems like there is only one team playing the heck in cola swans and going by the media we may as we'll stay home......
Rude shock is a coming to the colas.......

I haven't watched any radio or media tonight. Don't want to know, nor do I care what they say. But, I am with you RB, We don't exist. We have copped this for weeks, getting worse. Only Buddy and the team exists. Why doesn't the AFL present the cup to the tainted swans at lunchtime? They may as well. Saves money,time, and effort to get there. If we lose tomorrow, I won't be listening to any radio, or tv about the game. I will watch movies, or non sports programs. I will stick to my murder mysteries, and dramas. Will be a long time before I can watch football again,all we will see every time we turn the TV on, will be red and ruddy white..:oops:

me too...I think its all the talk about the Shitney and not much love for the Hawks...we WILL prevail...in what can only now be described ..an upset.

Hardly an upset Harps!....Equivalent win/loss record with the Swans having a far easier Draw handed to them by their masters, without which we would have easily been the top side once again!....All the media flogs are getting sucked-in big time by their demolition of Norf.....When was the last time Norf managed to put together 3 quality wins in a row????

This game is 50/50 & don't let any media B/S make you think otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back