Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardly an upset Harps!....Equivalent win/loss record with the Swans having a far easier Draw handed to them by their masters, without which we would have easily been the top side once again!....All the media flogs are getting sucked-in big time by their demolition of Norf.....When was the last time Norf managed to put together 3 quality wins in a row????

This game is 50/50 & don't let any media B/S make you think otherwise!

Yes I know..it's not an upset...how could it..we finished on the same points..for goodness sakes!...If it wasn't for all the smoke and BS about Franklin and his ability to win it off his own boot...not even a peep about Roughy anywhere...he booted 6 last week in the prelim...THIS media obsession with $hitney is beyond comprehension these last two days......THEY (AFL) fear another Hawthorn flag..were a strong club and IF we win tomorrow..we can only get stronger..and the AFL can't dictate to us bar a football TAX...this is more than just a game tomorrow..

This is about Hawthorn Football Club vs Headquarters....all too well aware of this.

..THEY are in for a shock tomorrow...

Some flog called Cat Attack (and there are plenty going by that name on BF) called SEN radio in Melbourne this morning and said that Cyril was very selfish for playing tomorrow!! He then compared it to Stokes putting his hand up in whatever year it was and saying he wasn't right to play. Well isn't he a friggin' hero. He then went on to say that they won the flag the year after Ablett left and can we do the same.
These pussy supporters are really sh1ting me. They are so petrified that we will do the one thing they couldn't do after '07, '09 & '11 and that is go back to back.
Anyone who compares Matthew Stokes to Cyril Rioli deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot. They're both professional footballers, they both have two legs, and that's about where the similarities end.

Yes I know..it's not an upset...how could it..we finished on the same points..for goodness sakes!...If it wasn't for all the smoke and BS about Franklin and his ability to win it off his own boot...not even a peep about Roughy anywhere...he booted 6 last week in the prelim...THIS media obsession with $hitney is beyond comprehension these last two days......THEY (AFL) fear another Hawthorn flag..were a strong club and IF we win tomorrow..we can only get stronger..and the AFL can't dictate to us bar a football TAX...this is more than just a game tomorrow..

This is about Hawthorn Football Club vs Headquarters....all too well aware of this.

..THEY are in for a shock tomorrow...

Their obsessive fawning has reached meltdown levels!.....Their desire to see us beaten is equally as odious!

Anyone who compares Matthew Stokes to Cyril Rioli deserves to be lined up against a wall and shot. They're both professional footballers, they both have two legs, and that's about where the similarities end.
Both had games that Hawks supporters remember with fondness in the 2008 Grand Final.

I love OUR club. It is a credit to the whole administration and players we have made it to the GF for the third year in a row. All our hearts were in our throats this time last year, as there was a whole heap of creditability on the line after losiing '12.

For me (and I am 42) this has been one of our best seasons every. Our biggest loss has been 19 points, we have been in a winning position every game. We have missed some of our key players for big chunks of games, lost our coach, lost the star of the competition. Through it all we have just got on with what Hawthorn does best - win games of footy!

Some one else said it perfectly -it is in our DNA - doing it the hard way, and leading out the front of all this is Luke Hodge. 250 games tomorrow, a gun, a leader of men. I sense that there is some unfinished business for this group, a steely defiance that will not go quietely.

This is Hawthorn #everymoment

The only part I can watch is hodge's post match speech (I didn't see it live at the time) He kept his composure which is a true a true credit to him. I certainly wouldn't have been able to :(
Nope, TV went off just after the siren did. Won't ever watch it & I don't believe in obsessing over lost opportunities.

The fact that they're lost is bad enough.

Nope, TV went off just after the siren did. Won't ever watch it & I don't believe in obsessing over lost opportunities.

The fact that they're lost is bad enough.

I stuck around and clapped them off the ground. Haven't looked back.

I wouldn't have thought we'd be able to win a flag a year after Ablett left - because Ablett has never played for Hawthorn!
We in fact DID win the flag the year after ablett left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is more than just a game tomorrow.

Feels very much like a battle of Good vs Evil, Light vs Darkness, Rebel Alliance vs Empire, Traditional Aussie Rules Football club vs Big Money Corporate Franchise backed by a conniving cabal of moguls and lackeys at AFL House.

I'll be genuinely surprised if at least one Swans fan (I refuse to use the term "supporter" when it comes to followers of this franchise) doesn't rock up tomorrow sporting a banner that celebrates the COLA in some way, ie. "THANKS FOR THE COLA AFL" or perhaps "COLA IS BUDDYS FAVORITE DRINK" or some such.

Class and taste - two things largely absent from the culture of the NSW capital.

What I can't understand is why Sydney is favourite. We beat them last time when they were only missing Shaw and Hannebury.
We were missing, Lake, Hale, Rioli, Spangher and Duryea. And we had Gibson, McEvoy and Hill back for their first game after each had a layoff.

I think one of the main reasons is that many think that we should have lost to Port last week and that the Swans won in cruise mode.

What they fail to remember is that when Lewis had to come off it completely skewed the balance of speed even further to Port, we would have normally subbed off one of our big men but instead we lost a mid with some speed and had to retain a big one. This and the fact some of the guys where thinking about next week and therefore switched off somewhat.

As for the rest I'm not sure they have much between the ears as far as grey matter. Just boggles the mind really how so many see this game as a supposed one sided event.

Ah well on to the next flag and B2B!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back