Preview Hawks vs the COLA $wans and the man they call Juda$ - it's the big dance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 is what interests me the most...sadly I think 2013 will nullify that advantage.

Maybe homework this week should be for every player to watch the final quarter of 2012 GF.. I still have not watched that game from start to finish, but everytime I watch the final 10 minutes it infuriates me :mad: Adam Goodes assy bounce..Malceski's flukey snap.... Clinton Young's dive.... Regardless of the 2013 result!

It's an excrutiatingly tough decision, but I can't see us playing Junior for the full game. He simply won't last the journey in terms of match fitness - and that, in a grand final, would be extremely costly.

Cyril as sub? If we're fortunate to not cop an injury, then Junior for a quarter and a half is achievable. Imagine the electricity around the 'G when he was activated! Yes, it's rolling the dice if we are unlucky to cop an injury early, but anything we do with Junior at selection is, in some way, rolling the dice.

Still wonder, however, how Simpkin could possibly be left out after his job on Malceski last time...

TBH, if Lewy is right to go, I reckon there'll be no change. Now need for Sewelly, Junior too much of a risk and they'll back Ceglar's mobility over BB.

Can somebody explain to me why on earth we're underdogs?

We beat them just over a month ago at the MCG. With a significant amount of players out. Yes, they finished above us on the final ladder, but only by the slimmest percentage margin. Call me arrogant, but early signs seem really positive.

I can't wait to smash that AFL northern states marketing division. Right now, the only mob I hate more than the red and white are the red and black.

Basically because the bad North turned up on Friday.

Im pretty confident, more so than last year.

a couple of things point to a Hawks win.

We've won 4 of the last 5 v Swans, and that loss was in Sydney with alot of outs.

Every final we've lost under Clarko, we have kicked more behinds than goals, but have only done that once this year, i believe.

Sydneys opponents have averaged 60 against in the second half of the year, except for the 104 points Hawthorn scored against them.

Maybe homework this week should be for every player to watch the final quarter of 2012 GF.. I still have not watched that game from start to finish, but everytime I watch the final 10 minutes it infuriates me :mad: Adam Goodes assy bounce..Malceski's flukey snap.... Clinton Young's dive.... Regardless of the 2013 result!

Lets not forget us kicking ourselves out of the game. But yes every player needs to sit down and watch this and their smug bloody faces when they realized they had it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Redemption' is the key word with this one. The players have long said there is unfinished business. This is it. B2B would be grand, but redemption against the team that gutted us in 2012, now armed with the player that betrayed us, puts fire in the belly.

Also, can we not turn this thread into a shit-fight between supporters? Save the hate for Sydney. It's so much easier ... fun, too.

Just do every football fan a favou and beat the campaigners.

I have a feeling that Lake is not gonna go out wondering, hope he breaks one of these campaigners faces early so they are off the whole game. Problem is too many choices, hope it's Franklin.

And I'm ok with Lake going out like this, Lloyd was widely applauded for getting his team over the line.

Not here to troll, was only in here to say well done on getting over Port in a close one and best of luck for the Granny next week.

Then I read the above tripe ..... you young fella or whatever you are, you are an embarrassment to yourself, your Club and to football in general. AFL is a sport, although it be professional and with high stakes it is still a sport that is not BOXING or UFC.

To think that a fan of "The Family Club" thinks yet alone writes crap like that has me wondering wtf has happened to our Aussie culture. Anyway! you may or may not win the fight but you will not win the game if your side goes in with that kinda shit in mind.

Best of luck to all the other Hawks fans, not to Hedgehodgy or his sidekicks who likes that post.

Thank god I found the ignore option. geeze.

one person in this thread needs to have the ignore button replace his user name.

reading his posts should default to ignore.

Not here to troll, was only in here to say well done on getting over Port in a close one and best of luck for the Granny next week.

Then I read the above tripe ..... you young fella or whatever you are, you are an embarrassment to yourself, your Club and to football in general. AFL is a sport, although it be professional and with high stakes it is still a sport that is not BOXING or UFC.

To think that a fan of "The Family Club" thinks yet alone writes crap like that has me wondering wtf has happened to our Aussie culture. Anyway! you may or may not win the fight but you will not win the game if your side goes in with that kinda shit in mind.

Best of luck to all the other Hawks fans, not to Hedgehodgy or his sidekicks who likes that post.

You might want to have a look at who his post is aimed at though. It's sydney players, so the term "sport" has already been removed from the agenda. It's a little hard to stand on the moral high ground from a sydney perspective, but I applaud you for trying.

Yes, clearly we have no chance on Saturday, the experts (cough) have it all worked out, Buddy is unstoppable, the swans midfield has more depth, they look more powerful, we just scrapped through, blah, blah, blah.

The thing i love about Hawthorn this year we have won games without playing 4qrts of Football. We have beaten all the top teams at the MCG this year. The prelim was no different.

We need to address our starts, don't know if it was the week of, against this mob we have to be wary of contested possession and clearances, we got smashed early on Saturday, we rectified it and got on top but we cannot allow them first use of the ball, do we bring in Sewell??? I say Yes!! Stay on Kennedy and beat the crap out of him, don't allow him any dinky handpasses in the clinches.

McEvoy comes in for Ceglar for the simple fact Pyke would ragdoll Ceglar. Hale did not play against Sydney last time we played them, start McEvoy in the ruck and leave Hale forward to stretch the Cola mob.
Rioli comes in. Since his absence, Bruest has been below par, with Rioli in the forward 50 it frees up Bruest and Gunston.

For all the hype about Port and flying start we still managed to find ourselves 28pts in front with 10mins remaining. I wouldn't be concerned about the last 10mins of Saturdays game. We put the cue in the rack and some dodgy umpiring decisions going against us.

Not a betting person, but i hear the odds for The Hawks are $2.40, money for Jam:).

This Puppet thing that used to be on the ABC, not sure what happened him but seems to have resurfaced as an AFL games predictor, strange career change.
You think that's weird? One of our 2 time premiership coaches (not that you would know what that is) was last spotted as the CEO of Qantas.

Junior too much of a risk and they'll back Ceglar's mobility over BB.
Agree about Rioli it is to risky.

Why does everybody think that BB HAS to play in the ruck, why can't he be our Tippet? Everybody goes on about Hale being the best ruck/forward, well BB could be the best Forward/ruck ahead of Tippet if we used him this way.

The contested marks and pack splitting that he does would wreck/open up their defence. They have nobody big enough in defence to handle him, it is like us trying to deal with Tippet. And bombing into the forward line happens more in finals and GF's then any other game, which is where contested marking wins, not running.

People, including some at Hawthorn have to stop thinking of this bloke as a ruckman. He is just as good a mark as Tippet and last I saw can kick it through the big sticks.

Oh wait next will come the usual "we'll be to slow and they'll run it out with ease......" not if we mark it they won't! And Bruest, Poppy and Roughy aren't to shabby at crumbs. Plus teams have been running it out with ease for a while now but we are stopping them or forcing them wide up the ground through a system we have in place.

Sorry I forgot, it's a left field idea nowadays and that scares some. It doesn't scare the $wans though since this is their ace in the pack.

My tip: Hawthorn saluting #12 with a stirring 4 to 6 goal win. As for an omen? Between 2013 and 2014 I've been allocated almost the exact same seats in Q46. The only time I've ever sat in up Q46 was for the Geelong PF and Fremantle GF last year!

Haha, no shit.

I'm in the same bay as last year, M51, just 6 odd rows closer!

We only play by the rules grumbleguts and within the boundaries set out by the AFL. Don't have a crack at us for doing just that .... keep it for the Essendon FC.

Maybe Hodge or Lake should take a swing at Buddy or BIG Kurt ... he/they may just get the shock of his life. :)

Ironic isn't it, if you mention COLA, the reason $ydney are in the position they're in now, on their board you will get carded.
I want a 6 - 6 goal victory next Saturday.
I got infracted for posting #builtnotbought on the main board.

Absolute joke.

We only play by the rules grumbleguts and within the boundaries set out by the AFL. Don't have a crack at us for doing just that .... keep it for the Essendon FC.

Maybe Hodge or Lake should take a swing at Buddy or BIG Kurt ... he/they may just get the shock of his life. :)

Tippo is a glorified shit truck though. Your thoughts Roosey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back