Preview Hawks vs Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really confused as to why Langford is omitted. Any reason WHY????

To précis the opinions so far, some people think he is actually being rested, others think he is going back to Box Hill to work on a few things (disposal?). I don't know, I don't understand it either. I think he has probably been dropped (not rested) but don't know why either as he has been playing really well all year (IMO).

Last edited:
I'm not sure how reliable that AFL site is, I think the Hawthorn website is more accurate and according to their injury report Cyril is more likely than McEvoy, make of that what you will o_O
All you can hope for is when the club puts a player back on the ground after injury , its not too early .
That's all, slowly they'll come back in and the newer players will be well blooded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus, Lowden in. Tough initiation for the boy. Probably the second hardest test for a ruckman, behind taking on Big Sandi, is taking on Cox & Naitanui. STill good luck to the big fella. Good ins though

Confused as to whether you are expressing surprise at Lowden's selection or noting Spangher's return ;)

Feeling comfortable.

Matt+Spangher+DH1YaItCcmRm.jpg

Langford and Mitch H don't think its dropped in the true sense of being dropped....can understand couple of young blokes that may play a big part later in the year..(if we get more injuries) give them a break but still give them a run somewhere, refresh them a little.. maybe the hawks are doing the reverse of what the cats were lauded about a few years back and rotating their veteran/experienced guys and resting their young ones that have had a pretty heavy load while the old boys recover but may be needed later....if it was seriously form I doubt Langers would have come in for Lewis last week when it was ideal opp. for Woody to get a run..
they will be back at some stage..

Full team:

B: Burgoyne Schoenmakers Duryea
HB: Hodge Litherland Birchall
C: Smith Sewell Hill
HF: Puopolo Gunston Rioli
F: Bruest Roughead Spangher
Foll: Ceglar Lewis Shiels
Interchange: Cheney Suckling Lowden Hartung

Emerg: Hallahan Langford O'Brien

B: Burgoyne Schoenmakers Duryea
HB: Hodge Litherland Birchall
C: Smith Sewell Hill
HF: Puopolo Gunston Rioli
F: Bruest Roughead Spangher
Foll: Ceglar Lewis Shiels
Interchange: Cheney Suckling Lowden Hartung
Emerg: Hallahan Langford O'Brien

Am I right in saying the bolded players are all 25 and under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back