Preview Hawks vs West Coast - Changes and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Admidditely he made a few mistakes here and there but I thought he really added some exciting movement out of defence and with a few more matches will really cement his spot.

There were a couple of his(Cheney) kicks out of defence which resulted in straight turnovers which lead to goals. Thought he lacked the ability to make the right decision quickly, then again may have just been missed targets. Improved as the game wore on. Certainly didnt cement his spot though.

Even Bruest missed a few handballs that dissapointed me. May have been being a bit critical. Was very impressed with Strattons game though. Would like Young to be played into form, and hopefully with confidence his kicking to target will improve.

Suprised we beat Adelaide as easily as we did. Happy that we still have much improvement left before we hit our straps.

Eager to see the team sheet. Clarko is growing ever more adventurous(spelling??)

McCauley to come in to share ruck duties with Hale with the two of them swapaing in the forward line,
Roughead to play down back on one of there bigs, Kennedy I would assume, Breust will be the out due his concussion last week, apart from that cant see a heap changing,
The big ground should suit our runners, we will have the goods to kick a score but much will depend on how we go down back in containing there key forwards, hopefully our midfield can get on top to try and limit there supply, this wll be as tough a game we play all year imho but I think we can get the 4 points in a close one :thumbsu:

Leave McCauley out, with or without him we will get dominated in the ruck. Might as well use the extra runner.

I tend to agree...May be better off with another tall option in defence(Boumann) and another runner...anyone know if Smith is a likely starter this week? If he's not up for a full game he could be a handy sub.

IN: Boumann, Smith (if available)
OUT: Bruest (conc.), Cheney

Super sub Hill?

I would rather start him. The kid is supremely fit and can run all day.. Let him build his confidence from the first bounce rather than come in when the pressure could be immense and an instant impact is required.

All the best Hilly the Kid!

I would rather start him. The kid is supremely fit and can run all day.. Let him build his confidence from the first bounce rather than come in when the pressure could be immense and an instant impact is required.

All the best Hilly the Kid!

If that's the case, then let him run wild!!

Congrats to Hill..............hope this has nothing to do with the rumor that Cyril might miss. Also Franklin and Birchall to miss. Sounds BS to me so please ignore this post until the rumour is proven correct.:eek:

Ps. Hate posting rumours and this is my first one, please forgive me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Hill..............hope this has nothing to do with the rumor that Cyril might miss. Also Franklin and Birchall to miss. Sounds BS to me so please ignore this post until the rumour is proven correct.:eek:

Ps. Hate posting rumours and this is my first one, please forgive me.

I heard the boys on AFL Insider on Tuesday asking Dunstall if Buddy & Cyril were going to miss the game. I hoped it was tongue in cheek but Dunstall looked "surprised" about the question. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Who will Hill come in for? Direct replacement for Bruest or will he come in for Young, Cheney or Ossie? Hopefully Hodge in for Cheney so that we have Young, Sav, Hill, Lewis and Shiels to provlde plenty of run. Look forward to seeing the team at 5pm.

From Adam White:

Adam White
@White_Adam
Brad Hill to debut for Hawthorn against West Coast this weekend. The Hawks are quietly confident they've found someone pretty special.

Did anyone seriously think he would get an opportunity this early?

It's moments like these .... I'd hate to be a selector. Many difficult decisons, however if we get it right we should win. Congratulations Brad Hill.
, could be our rising star nomination this year.

Anybody know what the weather is going to be over there in Perth on Saturday night, is it humid or Raining? If it's raining then Bradley Hill might not be such a bad choice if selected. :thumbsu:

Mostly sunny, 10 - 22 degrees for Saturday.

Forecast of winds around 23km per hour at 3pm (Freo Doctor?). 30% chance of rain, but under 1mm, so I doubt there will be rain.

Thier Sunday forecast is mostly sunny 10 - 25 degrees too.

From Adam White:

Adam White
@White_Adam
Brad Hill to debut for Hawthorn against West Coast this weekend. The Hawks are quietly confident they've found someone pretty special.

Quite surprised myself, but excited nonetheless. That the Hawks are playing him now, against West Coast? That really shows they've got faith in the boy to play well at this level. Here's hoping he rips the Weagles apart with his endurance and blistering pace! :D

No. But if he performs, we're in for further selection headaches.

Am not expecting much to be honest. If he can manage a few touches, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back