Votes: 300 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • Bring back the pelican

Votes: 23 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

The bloke has had a great season and has had to carry the load all by himself, while Ceglar recovers from his knee reco.

IMO it's been the best form of his entire career,certainly as a Hawk at the very least.

He would be in the conversation for the AA squad no doubt, also his marking ability seems to have returned.

Agree,Big Boy McEvoy has been very solid in the hawks games I've seen this year...Not sure about AA,maybe Grundy & Kroooze would be ahead but looks to be in very good form carrying the ruck duties.

Agree,Big Boy McEvoy has been very solid in the hawks games I've seen this year...Not sure about AA,maybe Grundy & Kroooze would be ahead but looks to be in very good form carrying the ruck duties.
The thing is he has more than held his own in the ruck and IMO the thing he does better than most if not all other ruckman in the comp, is take contested pack marks.

Goldstein used to be the best because he was a great tap ruckman but also took marks however he is only a shadow of himself as far as marking goes, now the guy can't take a mark to save himself.

We get reamed most weeks. But the hawks were on the receiving end of the stick tonight as well. Crows ended up with 10+ free kicks more and that goal that was called a behind that the hawks kicked when even the reply showed clearly it was over the line.
It wasn't over the padding though. The padding acts as the line.

The padding isn't the goal line if the ball is above the actually padding.

So if the ball is kicked near the top of the post and it misses it by 1cm, is that called a point because the padding is 10 metres further down?? Nope.
The ball has to pass across the padding that it is in line with prior to being touched by a player if it is to be a goal. It didn't pass the padding before being touched. It was therefore a point.

The evidence of that is the eventual decision, which was a point. That was correct. Some people have pre-conceptions that these decisions are always wrong and that comes out in the observational biased.

The goal line on the ground appears to be in line with the padding there. As opposed to in line with the goal post. So the goal post itself would be a couple cm's forward of the line?

Is that correct? If so I think it's touched.

Confusing situation tho.

The goal line on the ground appears to be in line with the padding there. As opposed to in line with the goal post. So the goal post itself would be a couple cm's forward of the line?

Confusing situation tho.
The commentators not knowing the rules didn't assist people's understanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The goal line on the ground appears to be in line with the padding there. As opposed to in ine with the goal post. So the goal post itself would be a couple cm's forward of the line?

Confusing situation tho.
P1000742.JPG

Correct.

From behind post to behind post there is a 19.2m straight line, it is 0 degrees. The furthermost back section of this line is in line with a minimum of 35mm of padding which extends beyond the line into the field of play.

As this is a straight line horizontally, and as posts are a minimum 6m and around 15m for a goal post (and I doubt Jacobs is 6m tall) the line extends vertically at 0 degrees straight up to denote the barrier where one can touch the ball and impact a score.

As we can see here:
upload_2017-6-23_20-30-8.png

Jacobs was a beast and there is a couple mm gap where the ball is still in play, therefore it is touched despite his hand being behind the ball.

As this is footy and not cricket, the player does not need to be in the actual playing field to impact play, they just need to be a legitimate player on the field at the time.

1 behind. Reset play via kick in.

Confusing situation tho.

P1000742.JPG

Correct.

From behind post to behind post there is a 19.2m straight line, it is 0 degrees. The furthermost back section of this line is in line with a minimum of 35mm of padding which extends beyond the line into the field of play.

As this is a straight line horizontally, and as posts are a minimum 6m and around 15m for a goal post (and I doubt Jacobs is 6m tall) the line extends vertically at 0 degrees straight up to denote the barrier where one can touch the ball and impact a score.

As we can see here:
View attachment 384865

Jacobs was a beast and there is a couple mm gap where the ball is still in play, therefore it is touched despite his hand being behind the ball.

As this is footy and not cricket, the player does not need to be in the actual playing field to impact play, they just need to be a legitimate player on the field at the time.

1 behind. Reset play via kick in.

Technically it's not even touched. Sauce hits the ball sideways into the post, so the ball was 'live' until it hit the post because it was never fully over the goal line.

Correct decision by video as the call was 'hit the post - behind'

Trade it back to them for 2 x 2nd Rounders , and their following years 1st Rounder.... they seem to like that.
That's not how it works. You mean trade them our own 1st rounder in return for that..... We'll keep theirs tankyou very much! ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Hawthorn 2017 1st Round Pick Watch

Back