News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

The lasting memory that i have of Crawf apart from 2008 was the goal saving tackle against Geelong Michael Mansfield running into an open goal. I was there. He played a great game and kicked some great goals but that tackle i stood up and saluted him Oh Captain my Captain
He went head to head with Ricciardi that night who was having a blinder that year ended up winning their Bnf and went well in the Brownlow. Cracking match it was.

I don't get the hate for King. Is it still because of his 2012 GF prediction??

He is stubborn and opiniated but he doesn't hate Hawthorn.

I work alone so listen to SEN a lot and he is fine. He didn't go all in on Hawthorn a month ago when others were but so what, they are a young team, its not that outlandish an opinion and definitely doesn't come from hate. At worst he is a contrarian.

Sure he loves the sound of his own voice but he does put a lot of effort and research into his opinions and you have to respect that.

Montagna isn't worth getting upset about because he is just a ****en moron. His brain is a mess from too many head knocks and years on the booger sugar. 10 year rebuild, wtf. Wouldn't suprise me if he was an anti vax trumper type.

I work alone so listen to SEN a lot and he is fine. He didn't go all in on Hawthorn a month ago when others were but so what, they are a young team, its not that outlandish an opinion and definitely doesn't come from hate. At worst he is a contrarian.

Sure he loves the sound of his own voice but he does put a lot of effort and research into his opinions and you have to respect that.

Montagna isn't worth getting upset about because he is just a ****en moron. His brain is a mess from too many head knocks and years on the booger sugar. 10 year rebuild, wtf. Wouldn't suprise me if he was an anti vax trumper type.

Fox footy was outside the g on gf day 2015. Plenty of hawks fans giving it to kingy he took it all with good humour

To be clear this isn’t to make an argument about what you said. I was fascinated as this post is a great example of the 2 extremes making an argument today. The less common Oxford debate approach - Your argument on King was damn near perfect; well thought out reasoned and logical and I 100% agree. The most common social media approach - Your argument on Montagna was simply an ad hominem personal attack with the usual catch phrases. That’s some wild swing!

What irritates me about media is on all the footy shows is our players just don’t get the recognition they deserve, and when they do mention one of our players which is rare, you blink and they onto talking about the next team

I think it is one of the main reasons why we don’t get a lot of players on in the AA team because no ones pushing for them, it’s like out mind out of sight (also doesn’t help when an ex Hawthorn player has never been on the AA selection panel)

Yes we are playing great football at the moment, but would be great if you go into a bit more depth when talking about one our players

Last edited:
What irritates me about the media is our players just don’t get the recognition they deserve, and when they do mention one of our players which is rare, you blink and they onto talking about the next team

I think it is one of the main reasons why we don’t get a lot of players on in the AA team because no ones pushing for them, it’s like out mind out of sight (also doesn’t help when an ex Hawthorn player has never been on the AA selection panel)

Yes we are playing great football at the moment, but would be great if you go into a bit more depth when talking about one our players

Aa hawks. 2007 C Brown. 2008 Hodge, Franklin (hard to not go Franklin after his biggest season goal tally)

Aa hawks. 2007 C Brown. 2008 Hodge, Franklin (hard to not go Franklin after his biggest season goal tally)
2008 Hawks premiers, but nearly third of the AA team was Cats players

3 players was the best in one year, in our 3peat

2013 2 players
2014 3 players
2015 3 players

Not a lot in a dominant period, compere to the Lions 3 peat

James Sicily was robbed in 2022

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a Carlton supporter mate that absolutely hates that the Hawks are on the up already ... He feels that the Hawks should be down for years and years like his team has been.
When Gerrard challenged Kingy on SEN about Hawks being the real deal Kingy finally relented after the Collingwood game and said something like "how long have they been down for 8 months? " Showing annoyance that we are already on the rise.

Loser mentality North Melbourne flog.

2008 Hawks premiers, but Cats got nearly third of there players in AA team that year

3 players was the best in one year, in our 3peat

2013 2 players
2014 3 players
2015 3 players

Not a lot in a dominant period, compere to the Lions 3 peat

James Sicily was robbed in 2022
You know what really gets me about Sicily missing out on AA in 2022?

The fact that they gave his spot to that thug Brayden Maynard whose only really standout skill is being a sniper and ending players careers.

Yes, I'm still bitter about it and no I won't get over it 😡

I might be in the minority here, but I love that a bunch of media personalities hate hawthorn. I don't want too many people talking us up or turning into fanbois.

We are the most successful team of the modern era. Many of these media stalwarts have played on or supported teams that were pantsed by one of our premiership-era teams. I'd much prefer to be hated and respected than loved and pitied.

Sure it'll affect our AA prospects, but oh well. Unlike some other teams who place a pass mark on mediocrity, we are just in it for premierships. That's our culture and DNA, and Sam Mitchell embodies that ethos more than just about anyone.

I will say I don't like highlighting the free kicks up forward. Feel like this is a precursor to some scrutiny, and we'll stop getting frees that we deserve.

KJ was on the money here, post that Champion Data segment on SEN on the high frees we are getting.

Gerald Healy looked at the stats, and mid game against Crows after not receiving a clear free kick for high contact, said that basically since we were leading the free kick stats we must have been lucky, therefore umps decided not to pay some that are clearly there. I was gobsmacked that an 'expert' commentator and someone so senior in the media would come up with such dross. Has to be one of the worst performances of any commentary team I've heard this year/ever.

What made it worse is that Adelaide's last 10 minutes of petulant dirty acts, on top of cheap shots all game, with sucker punches, slamming heads into the turf, dangerous tackles, kicks into back, knees into heads etc, was not highlighted at all just because it wasn't a narrative they could be bothered going into or looking for. Think of the Sicily's suspension for barely grazing an elbow last year, and I don't even know why Chol was suspended this year off the ball. If it was us could you imagine the scrutiny on every one of those incidents, especially in a game we got flogged?

The only thing that was highlighted by the tosser Healy was Weddle for a tackle and clearly trying to get him in trouble, yet that was absolutely ANOTHER staging incident by Rachele, on top of his other staging free for a head high where he pretended he got shot. The guy who actually does play for highs and frees isn't called out, and us just going low and hard for the ball and winning lots of frees is annoying to them, so they complain about the latter. It was a an embarrassingly bad commentary performance, and how they didn't even replay the incident on Watson for such a controversial incident is completely bizarre, and probably the main reason he isn't suspended this week.

Last edited:
KJ was on the money here, post that Champion Data segment on SEN on the high frees we are getting.

Gerald Healy looked at the stats, and mid game against Crows after not receiving a clear free kick for high contact, said that basically since we were leading the free kick stats we must have been lucky, therefore umps decided not to pay some that are clearly there. I was gobsmacked that an 'expert' commentator and someone so senior in the media would come up with such dross. Has to be one of the worst performances of any commentary team I've heard this year/ever.

What made it worse is that Adelaide's last 10 minutes of petulant dirty acts, on top of cheap shots all game, with sucker punches, slamming heads into the turf, dangerous tackles, kicks into back, knees into heads etc, was not highlighted at all just because it wasn't a narrative they could be bothered going into or looking for. Think of the Sicily's suspension for barely grazing an elbow last year, and I don't even know why Chol was suspended this year off the ball. If it was us could you imagine the scrutiny on every one of those incidents, especially in a game we got flogged?

The only thing that was highlighted by the tosser Healy was Weddle for a tackle and clearly trying to get him in trouble, yet that was absolutely ANOTHER staging incident by Rachele, on top of his other staging free for a head high where he pretended he got shot. The guy who actually does play for highs and frees isn't called out, and us just going low and hard for the ball and winning lots of frees is annoying to them, so they complain about the latter. It was a dead set disgraceful commentary performance, embarrassingly bad, and how they didn't even replay the incident on Watson for such a controversial incident is completely bizarre, and probably the main reason he isn't suspended this week.
Healy has been out of footy too long. Hasn't played in over 30 years. He's been embarrassing himself on broadcasts for the past 10.

Footy needs to stop with these guys, get some young blood in the commentary for special comments. Shit even guys like Richo have probably been out of the game too long for how much things have changed.

Just focus on our boys. The most exciting team in the league who cares if no one but Hawthorn supporters and members enjoy this ride. I mean this has been a privilege of every hawthorn supporter over the last 60 years. We r Hawthorn and Hawthorn are us they are not like us and they never will be

Just focus on our boys. The most exciting team in the league who cares if no one but Hawthorn supporters and members enjoy this ride. I mean this has been a privilege of every hawthorn supporter over the last 60 years. We r Hawthorn and Hawthorn are us they are not like us and they never will be
Time to dig out the #Head****edByHawthorn thread again methinks...

Healy has been out of footy too long. Hasn't played in over 30 years. He's been embarrassing himself on broadcasts for the past 10.

Footy needs to stop with these guys, get some young blood in the commentary for special comments. Shit even guys like Richo have probably been out of the game too long for how much things have changed.
Healy is the actual worst. Reaching Sam Newman levels of out of touch.

'To appreciate the destination you must enjoy the journey'

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back