News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

I have a Carlton supporter mate that absolutely hates that the Hawks are on the up already ... He feels that the Hawks should be down for years and years like his team has been.
When Gerrard challenged Kingy on SEN about Hawks being the real deal Kingy finally relented after the Collingwood game and said something like "how long have they been down for 8 months? " Showing annoyance that we are already on the rise.

Loser mentality North Melbourne flog.

It was 8 minutes and it was the tongue in cheek annoyance loads of people do. To me it came off as a compliment.

This is the last time Im defending King ITT!

Dwayne Russell loves Dear he gets so excited when he watches him.

Pipe loves entertaining footy. He is all over us at the moment. He is one commentator I am happy to defend all day. He's one of the best.

He has cracking quips, is able to call play by play, top tier player knowledge (anti-BT), generally focusses on the positives, shows no bias and just loves the contest.

Pipe loves entertaining footy. He is all over us at the moment. He is one commentator I am happy to defend all day. He's one of the best.

He has cracking quips, is able to call play by play, top tier player knowledge (anti-BT), generally focusses on the positives, shows no bias and just loves the contest.
On his midday madness on SEN today he said he loves commentating Hawks games, they play with joy, and he’d even commentate our games for free, that’s how much he enjoys us

The same Healy that said Day would be #1 if the 2019 superdraft was redone?

wtf am I doing.
Don’t fall for that shit.
Caro uses the same tactic. Use one complimentary remark to then argue how balanced their views are.

Healy sounds like he's attending a funeral literally every game he commentates.

So negative and constantly bitching about umpires.

Someone like Dwayne is a bit cheesy but at least he genuinely loves footy and sounds excited to be there. It's infinitely more endearing than the "complain about how AFL is bad now compared to back in my day" crew

On his midday madness on SEN today he said he loves commentating Hawks games, they play with joy, and he’d even commentate our games for free, that’s how much he enjoys us
He's not alone.

The majority of the media are all over hawthorn at the moment. Rightly so. They attack, they score, they have fun, they win and they are young.

Mitchell is accessible, honest and never sooks. Hes winning them over everywhere, the anti clarko in that respect.

Even guys who openly dislike hawthorn like Mooney and Lloyd are full of praise.

I'm on my 40s and I don't think I've ever had this much fun consiming footy media.

There are a lot of folk on this board who love the us against the world narrative but right now, it's just not a thing right now. Id recommend some of you stop the moaning and relish it because it won't last forever.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

He's not alone.

The majority of the media are all over hawthorn at the moment. Rightly so. They attack, they score, they have fun, they win and they are young.

Mitchell is accessible, honest and never sooks. Hes winning them over everywhere, the anti clarko in that respect.

Even guys who openly dislike hawthorn like Mooney and Lloyd are full of praise.

I'm on my 40s and I don't think I've ever had this much fun consiming footy media.

There are a lot of folk on this board who love the us against the world narrative but right now, it's just not a thing right now. Id recommend some of you stop the moaning and relish it because it won't last forever.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Back in the 80’s, the best ever football commentator, Peter McKenna, would openly show his man-love of Hawthorn when he commentated our games

I met him when I was at school at Assumption College
He told me I was the luckiest kid in the school because of the Hawks

Never forget that day

Just focus on our boys. The most exciting team in the league who cares if no one but Hawthorn supporters and members enjoy this ride. I mean this has been a privilege of every hawthorn supporter over the last 60 years. We r Hawthorn and Hawthorn are us they are not like us and they never will be
100% this. The complaining on here about the media coverage cracks me up. We got SO MUCH coverage last week with 95% of it glowing. The reality is that there are 18 teams to cover, and 12 in Vic. A one hour TV show could cover about 2-3 mins on each team maximum once you add in general analysis, tribunal, and adds. We have definitely been getting a weighted average of that the last month.

People who want 5 hours of HFC-positive content a week should either look up Newmo89's great podcast and listen in or start their own TV show.

Come on pessimists, the Hawks are the darlings of season 2024! Everytime we win, there's been countless coverage on air, screen time and in print. Obviously though, this will bring a lot more attention on how we go next year. Enjoy it as these sort of compliments don't last long in our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sort of a nothing article really, seemingly cobbled together from old facts and new. We haven’t been bottom 4 for some time.
"And they're doing it whilst being on average the fourth youngest team this season week-to-week (with an average of 24.9 years per player) and the fourth-least experienced team each week as well (87 games per player)."

That's what he meant by bottom four.

"And they're doing it whilst being on average the fourth youngest team this season week-to-week (with an average of 24.9 years per player) and the fourth-least experienced team each week as well (87 games per player)."

That's what he meant by bottom four.
In hindsight you could be right. Questionable syntax but play on.

Come on pessimists, the Hawks are the darlings of season 2024! Everytime we win, there's been countless coverage on air, screen time and in print. Obviously though, this will bring a lot more attention on how we go next year. Enjoy it as these sort of compliments don't last long in our game.
True.
All we have to do is put a one or two poor performances together and they'll drop us like a hot rock and turn on us just as quickly.

We have had a great run the media recently .
Even some media who didn't rate us or were sinking the boots in have been swayed .

Never thought I would hear someone like Whately even be on board describing us as ' fun ' , ' great to watch ' and a 'serious team '.

It's fickle and it'll change. But if you don't like a commontator etc don't listen.

We have had a great run the media recently .
Even some media who didn't rate us or were sinking the boots in have been swayed .

Never thought I would hear someone like Whately even be on board describing us as ' fun ' , ' great to watch ' and a 'serious team '.

It's fickle and it'll change. But if you don't like a commontator etc don't listen.
This is the second-most fun it will ever be as a football fan (most fun is winning the flag). When the pressure is off and a young team starts to turn it around, you're playing an exciting brand of AFL and everyone is jumping on board, the club and its supporters feel united.

The expectation on us will shift after this season, media will get harsher and there will likely be less unity among the supporters.

Make the eight, win the flag, lose our next four – I say enjoy it while we can. It's been the most enjoyable season in about a decade and even if we start consistently making finals it may not be this good again for a while. Just ask Port fans lol

I enjoyed listening to Terry Wallace on SEN this morning, he gave both the Bulldogs and Hawks a fair pump up.

It was interesting listening to Plough on the radio, I had forgotten how engaging and entertaining he is to listen to it and made me contemplate how ordinary the current footy radio ecosystem is.

Mark Fine on SEN on Friday nights is good fun but there is little else apart from that (Kornes has his moments I suppose).

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back