NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
Watching Yokayi (sorry, spelling???) will be a must see after this. Get the popcorn!
Appalling story, and rightly, it will be served up to Hawthorn, no doubt. Can understand the Rioli retirement now.

The "ripped jeans" situation, in isolation, appears to be a poor reaction to an old man's joke. But it's not in isolation, and what's coming out now is really demonstrating that.

Doesn't look good, interesting that the investigation only took input from first nations players and staff, but Burgoyne was not interviewed. Was that a timing issue given he has left the club, given the period being investigated surely he should have been included? Not saying there is no truth here, I don't know more than anyone else, only that there seems to be more work to be done.

I would be so devastated that men I have admired and respected and even loved for so long could do such terrible things.
Well surely a big lesson from this is that it's idiotic to admire, respect and love complete strangers that you have relationship with, no connection to, and no real knowledge of.

This blind admiration, respect and love is what enables so much if the shit behaviour we see from footy people.

I keep reading that “Clarkson & Fagan are innocent until proven guilty.”

Do people think this is a criminal investigation?

Nuffies really need to google employment law. Clarkson in particular doesn’t have a leg to stand on if he has to be terminated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not saying you were, but you are using the same tactics and phrases that one would use if they were trying to downplay or excuse the situation.

Not to mention that you seem more appalled about by the implication of Australia being labelled racist, than you do about a football club attempting to enforce its own quasi White Australia Policy. It's perhaps not surprising that people have lumped you in with that group.
I'm not more appalled by Australia being generalised as a racist country, just sick of people playing that narrative whenever anything like this crops up.

Of course Hawthorn's report is far more appalling right now, as it has far-ranging implications for the entire industry. Be interesting to see what comes out in the wash if we get full access to the report though.

Germany has the second largest migrant population in the world. You really have nfi what you’re talking about.
Tbf he gave himself away when he was crying about inner city types

The "ripped jeans" situation, in isolation, appears to be a poor reaction to an old man's joke. But it's not in isolation, and what's coming out now is really demonstrating that.
I think also means rioli is owed far more charitable takes than those who felt he threw the toys out of the pram at a remark from a known dickhead. Far more likely it was a straw that broke the camels back than an isolated incident being a sole catalyst.

I m really surprised Clarko went for the North job. He must've known this was hanging over his head, stuff like this is rarely hushed up forever.

I'm even a little surprised Fagan didn't sneak away from the limelight at some point in the last few years as well.

Even if the AFL or their respective clubs don't sanction or sack them I very much doubt either will coach another game if even half of this is true. They are now social pariahs, impossible to live it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back