Preview Hawthorn v Bulldogs, 3 August 2014, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious. Truly, it is. I can't even remember our last defender to receive this much praise after gifting a forward a 5 goal game.

I am sure he didn't gift anyone 5 goals. He goes as hard as anyone in our side and I thought was pretty solid in Adelaide.
Him playing back allows Schoey to play forward as well although this week it might be less important.

I am sure he didn't gift anyone 5 goals. He goes as hard as anyone in our side and I thought was pretty solid in Adelaide.
Him playing back allows Schoey to play forward as well although this week it might be less important.

You thought Spangher played well when his opponent kicked 5? Not sure if srs.

Any chance at all of Jordan Kelly? Has been playing well for BHH, Damian Carroll has given him big raps and he has been mentioned in the weekly VFL update.

Last time they mentioned a youngster demanding a debut in the VFL due to good form was for Woody 2 weeks ago, and he got a debut the week after. Nice to slot him in this week.

Any chance?

One of the few players on the senior list who is yet to debut. (only Siciliy and Brand)

He cleaned his game up in the last, but he got towelled up before that... by Jenkins I think.

Because of Spangher's cult status, and the way plays with absolutely no regard for his safety. He has become one of the most overrated players on this board.

He can have a bag kicked on him, no worries. Shoenmakers looses a marking contest, delisted.

Ah but you forget that Shoey gets rag dolled by the big forwards and teams play through his man ie Hawkins!! In Shoeys defense he is no Brian Lake, so he is filling a void atm. I would suggest that if Shoey played up forward, he would make most defenders look stupid.

Spang would be the great 3rd defender when Lake is back. It frees up Shoey and our side looks very very potent!!!

So in conclusion, both Shoey and Spang have a place in the side.

Many fans going down to tassie to watch the game? I got free tickets from a FB comp earlier this year (got to go on the MCG ground, met Whitey)... so Ill be going to this game in tassie. Saw the same game last year at York Park too - had an amazing steak afterwards :)

Doc for Simpkin. Not that I think Simpkin has done anything wrong, I just think it may play out like that.

Spang one more week on the sidelines - back for Melbourne.

I can see Woody maybe getting another run.
You wouldn't be saying this if you watched doc play for Box Hill on the weekend.

Any chance at all of Jordan Kelly? Has been playing well for BHH, Damian Carroll has given him big raps and he has been mentioned in the weekly VFL update.

Last time they mentioned a youngster demanding a debut in the VFL due to good form was for Woody 2 weeks ago, and he got a debut the week after. Nice to slot him in this week.

Any chance?

One of the few players on the senior list who is yet to debut. (only Siciliy and Brand)
Ask Echols. He's one of his favourite players

Any chance?

Kelly has been moved up the ground to a wing and seems to be playing a run with role. Based on that for him to get a run he would take Langers spot.
Langers is way more athletic, Kelly is the more natural footballer.

BHH play Pies this week. If Kelly could towel up Fasolo or someone of his ilk, his stocks would rise pretty quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Woodward will stay in the team this week but will be the sub again.
You may well be correct, but what's your thoughts on why?

I don't think it'd help him nearly as much as a full game & it's not really giving of our senior guys a rest.

Ask Echols. He's one of his favourite players
I'll be very interested to see if the talk of him debuting is purely huff and puff by the media arm of the club, or is a genuine insight.

I haven't been to a Box Hill match for a few weeks now, so perhaps heading e everything asked of him and he's going to get rewarded with a game.

I would love to see Hartung given some time too..............provided he is fit enough.. he is too damn like Rioli................ he might hurt himself again

Doesn't hurt....

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2014-07-30/opposition-analysis-gun-youngster-out

Opposition Analysis: Gun youngster out

WESTERN BULLDOGS will need to find another midfielder to stop one of Hawthorn’s guns after it was confirmed last week Mitch Wallis would miss the rest of the season.

It is a big blow for the Bulldogs who have played outstanding football in the last six weeks.

Wallis, who successfully tagged gun Essendon midfielder Dyson Heppell in Round 18 fractured his foot in his side’s loss to the Bombers at Etihad Stadium.

The youngster, who is the son of Bulldogs great Steve Wallis, has been one of the game’s best defensive midfielders taking scalps that have included Collingwood skipper Scott Pendlebury, Melbourne skipper Nathan Jones, Port Adelaide’s Jared Polec, Brisbane’s Tom Rickliff and Richmond’s Trent Cotchin.

Wallis’s injury was the turning point in his team’s loss to the Bombers, when he was unable to come back on in the early minutes of the final term.

Its not a bad idea to have woodward play a full game and have one of the seniors play as sub like Mitchell since he is returning from long layoff.

Speaking of burning things, Box Hill play the Pies at Vic Park on Sat. If Collingwood lose, a good chance effigies shall be torched, dental surgeries looted of fake teeth & peckers polished by ladies of ill repute Carringbush fame. So for those who can't get to Tassie, take a public transport (so your car doesn't get stolen) & come out to watch Box Hill.

I promise that's it for the Pie jokes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back