Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked seeing this but why did it take 'his' 150th to dig deep, where has that passion been? Been going through the motions before today.

He's an odd one, overall on his Hawthorn career I've been disappointed, but then he clunks a big mark and I forgive him for a moment. He just looked capable of so much more when he was at St Kilda though. Then there was the talk that he was to be a future captain over there before he was traded, but I read post on our board like "he might give it away early, he'd probably rather be a farmer than play AFL". Who is this bloke?

once it clicks, I reckon we're going to be damn hard to beat, all we need is one good win and our confidence will be back up again. there are way too many good players on our list to put up with this rubbish! no need for wholesale changes, everyone gave an effort for 3 quarters and sooner or later the hard work will come off.

This is what is annoying me right now - people on facebook are having a go at McEvoy as he was really upset with today's loss as it was his 150th game and when he was walking off the ground with his teammates and he was very upset. To put things in perspective, there are probably a lot of worse things in life that someone can get upset about but that doesnt mean McEvoy's actions should be looked upon in a negative way, footy is an emotional game and players put in a lot of hard work and effort week in and week out (I know cos my cousin played AFL for Richmond and Collingwood) and i dont have a problem seeing McEvoy upset after his team lost in his 150th game. Sadly there are a lot of cruel and nasty people on social media who like to have a go at others and its terrible to see. There are a lot of people who enjoy putting others down and have no respect for anyone else and they are just selfish. As the old saying goes " Self first, self last and self always"

I liked seeing this but why did it take 'his' 150th to dig deep, where has that passion been? Been going through the motions before today.

And where was the passion and respect by the others for his 150th? Its not only BB going through the motions!! Hodge the only one who can say he is having a dip, the others have their heads firmly up their own arses.

Got the effort today that we didn't have last week. Stuck with the Cats (who were clearly better) for most of the day but once we slipped up late in the third it was like our guys lost the desire to fight on. We were already at rock bottom. We weren't falling any lower and our percentage is already shot.

Good signs by some of the younger blokes today. Burton in particular.

At what point does gibbo realise it's over and says send me to box hill or can I retire now? Surely it's gotten to the point of no return.the hodge incident has me stumped if that was hodge clipping somebody he'd be suspended right now... But because it's a Geelong player... Oh nothing to see here nothing happened.It boggles the mind.i got a feeling old clarko is building up some steam..... Only a matter if time would love to see the old punching the wall clarko back!

And where was the passion and respect by the others for his 150th? Its not only BB going through the motions!! Hodge the only one who can say he is having a dip, the others have their heads firmly up their own arses.
Don't disagree, just seems we have lost a little of the 'all for one, one for all' this season regardless of results.

I liked that McEvoy showed emotion, but no one got around him. JOM got toweled last week, no one flew the flag.

I get we aren't up and about at the moment it would be nice to see the whole side have a good go for each other. Maybe it will just take a little time. Just seems a little factional at the moment.

Really disappointed we didn't fly the flag the second time the General was hit.

Would've love to see a Vandenberg moment and a few blokes just go nuts. I know its not the done thing anymore, but to allow the opposition to disrespect Hodge like this just stinks of a playing group that has mentally checked out. Could've been the stuff of legends had someone taken one for the team and gone nuts. Would've showed they cared ala Big Boy in tears. Too comfortable, too satisfied.

I reckon the boys have hit the psychological wall. Thankfully this is all going down early in season. I know we aren't going to be challenging for flag but I still think deep down the 8 ain't out of question. There's still plenty of time to get there heads right and we could not seriously play any worst than we have to this point.

At what point does gibbo realise it's over and says send me to box hill or can I retire now? Surely it's gotten to the point of no return.the hodge incident has me stumped if that was hodge clipping somebody he'd be suspended right now... But because it's a Geelong player... Oh nothing to see here nothing happened.It boggles the mind.i got a feeling old clarko is building up some steam..... Only a matter if time would love to see the old punching the wall clarko back!

Bloody hope so, cause enough is enough. Although watch his presser, he gets a little shitty with some of the ******ed media.

Constantly out numbered at most contests to the point where i wonder if we even have 18 players on the field at time . The list still has talent but the whole gamestyle has moved way past what the club has gone with , if you dont have leg speed you're in serious trouble which is pretty evident . Clarkson is in denial with no rebuild on the agenda in his eyes and i dont think he will ever admit it or say the word rebuild after what the club did during last years trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the hodge incident has me stumped if that was hodge clipping somebody he'd be suspended right now... But because it's a Geelong player... Oh nothing to see here nothing happened.
Both incidents reported on the spot, both times commentators said "gone".

There's not a lot more that can happen.

I don't think the punching walls Clarko is needed right now, I think he actually did that when we were winning didn't he? He will be firm of course, but when he's got ageing greats of the club, developing leaders in the mid tier (underperforming) and developing youngsters at the bottom he'd be a terrible manager if he just went the angry route. From his post game interview tonight it sounds like he's putting it back on the players and having faith in them to perform sooner rather than later.

I don't think the punching walls Clarko is needed right now, I think he actually did that when we were winning didn't he? He will be firm of course, but when he's got ageing greats of the club, developing leaders in the mid tier (underperforming) and developing youngsters at the bottom he'd be a terrible manager if he just went the angry route. From his post game interview tonight it sounds like he's putting it back on the players and having faith in them to perform sooner rather than later.
Yeah - him getting angry means he is actually not taking responsibility too - and his presser indicated that he is

We have way too many half backs / back pockets

Birchall, Gibson, Strattan, Burgoyne, Duryea, Burton, Whitecross, Howe, Willsmore, Miles, Heatherley, Morrison, and Glass.
I also think O'Brian's best position is at half back and Hardwick showed real talent in the back pocket.
And every Norm and his dog knows Hodgey's best position is half back.

We have 16 players best suited for 4 field positions, 1or 2 bench positions and 4 in development. Maybe 1 or 2 extra. The math is not good.

Boy Clarko looked pretty distressed in the presser. He really looks like he needs support around him. Chin up lad !!
I hope the trading season hasnt fractured the group, but its got to have had some effect.
I think theres still some great players in this team , but were still missing depth in the midfield and defence. Thatll take a few years to address, and hopefully by that time , guys like Sicily , obrien, jom, brand , etc will be far more accomplished and ready to lead the next wave.

But until then , weve got a couple of down years coming. Gotta deal with it .

I did give you all a good tip before this game... Geel 60+ paying $7.50 and you'll thought i was bloody crazy!!!

Why don't you do everyone a favour and give yourself a timeout

It's really disappointing and sad to see some of the reactions from supporters across social media to the start of our season

We've just experienced one of the most successful periods in AFL history and Enjoyed moments that very few supporters of other clubs will ever get to experience and yes I know that was so yesterday but with that sustained success has to come the let down and to have supporters go looking for clarko's sacking and to bad mouth players that have played their hearts out for this club is not just sad but more than that it's down right embarrassing.

Some of you need to walk away from your computers for a while and when you come back try and look for positives and be constructive in your posting rather than destructive

Now come at me

As much as it might have made practical long term sense the trading out of Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis has destroyed the spirit of the club, Clarksons has made a huge error, he has looked at the tangibles and ignored the intangibles . He won't be able to restore the spirit once it's broken it's broken. It's only early but he should leave at the end of the season. He has been in the job 12 plus years which is a lifetime in this business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - opposition supporters coming to troll will be carded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back