Injury HFC Injury watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad but true. Doesn't matter how tuff Daisy is, his injury hurts and it impacts all his physical training which impacts his match fitness.
If we get to the prelim, going to be a big call to bring him in underdone.
You may have overlooked the fact the playing group have trained 9 months solid and all we do in the last 4 weeks is topping up on the pre-existing fitness base.

Not a big call at all.

A no brainer if his collarbone is okay.

You may have overlooked the fact the playing group have trained 9 months solid and all we do in the last 4 weeks is topping up on the pre-existing fitness base.

Not a big call at all.

I imagine the physical prep comment is more about if his collarbone/shoulder is physically up to scratch or sub-par.

40 years ago - when the usually Thursday night training (second session for he week) was followed by pie night and a couple of VBs.
Too many bbqs & the old timers not being able to handle their drink like they could in one nine eight three

Not a big call at all.

His collarbone is fine. My concern is that he plays in a high impact position and might pull up very sore, weakened or dislocate it again. As much as we would like him to play its a risk vs reward & indeed a big call to make.

His collarbone is fine. My concern is that he plays in a high impact position and might pull up very sore, weakened or dislocate it again. As much as we would like him to play it’s a risk vs reward & indeed a big call to make.
If we make it past the Dogs he will be picked within 5 seconds of being cleared by the medical / fitness staff.

Nothing more certain.

Reinforces why that Richmond flog should have been cited for pushing him into the contest - on a par with tunneling in my book
Pushing someone into the path of Nuke is like pushing someone of a platform in front of a diesel freight train!

I agree, they need to make a new citation for those kinds of acts, they are actually a lot more potentially dangerous than an old fashioned whack in the back of the head.

That Tigers flog had no eye for the ball at all, he knew exactly what he was doing the dirty mongrel 😡

40 years ago

Aging Matt Damon GIF

His collarbone is fine. My concern is that he plays in a high impact position and might pull up very sore, weakened or dislocate it again. As much as we would like him to play its a risk vs reward & indeed a big call to make.
My understanding is the SC joint like the opposite side of the collarbone at the AC joint where if its torn it's torn. you either have surgery to repair it or its torn forever. I tore my AC joint in 2012 and it's still exactly the same as it was the day I tore it minus the swelling and weakness. Once the swelling went down it was just a case of doing some exercises on the surrounding muscles to get the strength back.

There is no risk for me to "dislocate" my collarbone futher as it's already dislocated and without a new AC joint it will stay that way. It's not like a ball and socket joint in the shoulder where it can pop out and pop back in with various degrees of ligament and tendon stretching or tearing.

I believe Day has the middle injury, they may have pushed it back in the hospital but they don't always to it and sometimes just comes back out anyway. It just stays like that and he's permanently disfigured. But there is no issue in function, so as long as it doesn't hurt any more he can play. The risk of re-injury today is the same as in 10 years. What is holding him back is swelling and pain that may limit movement, and if he's in pain every bump or tackle will hurt like hell so he'll be useless.

1725422735284.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pushing someone into the path of Nuke is like pushing someone of a platform in front of a diesel freight train!

I agree, they need to make a new citation for those kinds of acts, they are actually a lot more potentially dangerous than an old fashioned whack in the back of the head.

That Tigers flog had no eye for the ball at all, he knew exactly what he was doing the dirty mongrel 😡
Ablett pushing Stefan martin into Stephen May should have gotten weeks too.

My understanding is the SC joint like the opposite side of the collarbone at the AC joint where if its torn it's torn. you either have surgery to repair it or its torn forever. I tore my AC joint in 2012 and it's still exactly the same as it was the day I tore it minus the swelling and weakness. Once the swelling went down it was just a case of doing some exercises on the surrounding muscles to get the strength back.

There is no risk for me to "dislocate" my collarbone futher as it's already dislocated and without a new AC joint it will stay that way. It's not like a ball and socket joint in the shoulder where it can pop out and pop back in with various degrees of ligament and tendon stretching or tearing.

I believe Day has the middle injury, they may have pushed it back in the hospital but they don't always to it and sometimes just comes back out anyway. It just stays like that and he's permanently disfigured. But there is no issue in function, so as long as it doesn't hurt any more he can play. The risk of re-injury today is the same as in 10 years. What is holding him back is swelling and pain that may limit movement, and if he's in pain every bump or tackle will hurt like hell so he'll be useless.

View attachment 2100328
This is my understanding of the injury as well. If he can recover well enough & play within 4 weeks that will be fantastic but it does come with a risk

Day ruled out.
Frenchy another week.

No surprise at all.

You don’t come back from a hammy and play AFL finals within 9 days and Will’s collarbone injury was always going to be a month minimum.

Hopefully we can get one week deeper into finals by knocking off Port at home and then these two may become more realistic options to return.

My not Newmo opinion is that I would rather go in healthy and not risk an important player, we saw Port’s injured players last week and they couldn’t keep up… Especially when we will be seeing Sydney in a just over a week. ;)

My not Newmo opinion is that I would rather go in healthy and not risk an important player, we saw Port’s injured players last week and they couldn’t keep up… Especially when we will be seeing Sydney in a just over a week. ;)
Yeah he is not coming in this week. He has already been ruled out

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury HFC Injury watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back