News Hinkley is staying -3 year contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just reckon bringing in Rocky defeats the point of last years draft strategy. I'm a massive Motlop fan and by all means bring in another quality outside mid but I reckon I'd rather see Atley, Drew and SPP in there over Rocky on a good chunk of change.
I want port to win a premiership next year, rocky gives us the best opportunity. If Atley, Drew and SPP are good enough then they will play regardless

We go recruit Richardson and Walsh to support Hinkley and replace them with Hart and Voss. The fact that Voss still talks about his desire to be a head coach every chance he gets shows where his head is at.

Went from having our shit together to just having shit.

Yeah but Richardson and Walsh said the opposite. Look how that worked out for us.

Na just sayn the link didn't work.
Sorry
Here’s some of it
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/2874fe0206924eb8d6a1b78425e5104c

KEN Hinkley has been on billboards. He has been the face of the Port Adelaide Football Club in television commercials. He has given a troubled football program at Alberton its strongest voice.

And it has worn him down, giving another insight on why AFL coaches – even the legendary Malcolm Blight – do not live the dream in Adelaide ... no matter how much they love their football club.

In the emotional turmoil that came with Port Adelaide’s last-kick exit in extra time of the elimination final against West Coast at Adelaide Oval on September 9, Hinkley – a master of controlling the agenda in a media conference – revealed all that was behind the imaging of the “Power coach”.

Hinkley was “Honest Ken”. He was Ken, the man. Not Ken, the coach.

He said: “I - like a lot of people - get sick to death of other stuff that comes with this game and that’s what challenges me, I suppose.”

After five years – needing to rebuild a football program to keep a football club alive – Hinkley revealed the strain (and drain) on him in just 25 words. In 25 words or less ...

There have been 12 full-time AFL coaches in Adelaide since the landscape of SA football was changed in 1991. Graham Cornes, Robert Shaw, Malcolm Blight, Gary Ayres, Neil Craig, Brenton Sanderson, Phil Walsh and Don Pyke at the Crows. John Cahill, Mark Williams, Matthew Primus and Hinkley at Port Adelaide.

And from the moment Shaw, in the mid-’90s, had his children picked on by their classmates in the schoolyard, the presentation of AFL senior coaches in Adelaide changed dramatically.

No more pictures of a coach with his wife (once a constant with Cornes and his wife, Nicole). Certainly no family pictures.

More and more, the “bubble” has extended far from the football club – at either West Lakes or Alberton. Pyke, now in his second year in Adelaide after sampling the environment a decade earlier as a Crows assistant coach, has maintained the lowest image while working in the highest-profile job in the state.

This is highlighted by Pyke known to leave his inner-southern suburban hideaway to wear a baseball cap over his eyes to avoid attention at the local supermarket. He does not want to be responsible for the emotional mood of the city, more so than the Premier, Jay Weatherill.

Sorry
Here’s some of it
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/2874fe0206924eb8d6a1b78425e5104c

KEN Hinkley has been on billboards. He has been the face of the Port Adelaide Football Club in television commercials. He has given a troubled football program at Alberton its strongest voice.

And it has worn him down, giving another insight on why AFL coaches – even the legendary Malcolm Blight – do not live the dream in Adelaide ... no matter how much they love their football club.

In the emotional turmoil that came with Port Adelaide’s last-kick exit in extra time of the elimination final against West Coast at Adelaide Oval on September 9, Hinkley – a master of controlling the agenda in a media conference – revealed all that was behind the imaging of the “Power coach”.

Hinkley was “Honest Ken”. He was Ken, the man. Not Ken, the coach.

He said: “I - like a lot of people - get sick to death of other stuff that comes with this game and that’s what challenges me, I suppose.”

After five years – needing to rebuild a football program to keep a football club alive – Hinkley revealed the strain (and drain) on him in just 25 words. In 25 words or less ...

There have been 12 full-time AFL coaches in Adelaide since the landscape of SA football was changed in 1991. Graham Cornes, Robert Shaw, Malcolm Blight, Gary Ayres, Neil Craig, Brenton Sanderson, Phil Walsh and Don Pyke at the Crows. John Cahill, Mark Williams, Matthew Primus and Hinkley at Port Adelaide.

And from the moment Shaw, in the mid-’90s, had his children picked on by their classmates in the schoolyard, the presentation of AFL senior coaches in Adelaide changed dramatically.

No more pictures of a coach with his wife (once a constant with Cornes and his wife, Nicole). Certainly no family pictures.

More and more, the “bubble” has extended far from the football club – at either West Lakes or Alberton. Pyke, now in his second year in Adelaide after sampling the environment a decade earlier as a Crows assistant coach, has maintained the lowest image while working in the highest-profile job in the state.

This is highlighted by Pyke known to leave his inner-southern suburban hideaway to wear a baseball cap over his eyes to avoid attention at the local supermarket. He does not want to be responsible for the emotional mood of the city, more so than the Premier, Jay Weatherill.
Cheers for that. Having read that I'd say he knew full well what he was taking on & if it was too much for him to handle then Gold Coast was a softer option. If you're a coach in Victoria you'd go through the same dramas. These guys are paid handsomely so they'd wanna stop bitching & just coach. If true then cash is Kens only motive.

I just reckon bringing in Rocky defeats the point of last years draft strategy. I'm a massive Motlop fan and by all means bring in another quality outside mid but I reckon I'd rather see Atley, Drew and SPP in there over Rocky on a good chunk of change.

Inside mids are hardened bodies with experience. These guys win the hard ball and winning that ball gives you a far greater likelihood of winning a match. It was very apparent that we needed another inside mid at the end of this season. I am not banking on that need being filled by a guy who has played in 2 games (Atley) or a guy who was never even a look in for the AFL side this season (Drew). I'd argue that it's even more important we need a vet here because we could be in a premiership window by adding a guy such as Rockliff to the middle.

You don't say no to A Grade talent because you have a few nice teenagers in the 2nds who might make it at the AFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the problem is that our best kicks play in defence (Hartlett and Houston) while the players who struggle (like Ollie, Boak and Ebert) are the very players who deliver a lot of the ball into our forward line. And the scene that scares me the most is seeing Impey charge towards the forward line with ball in hand.

Brad Ebert is one of the best shots for goal.

Why is he an average disposer in the midfield?

Watching the Crows marching to what looks like a premiership makes this harder to take. I really feel our list is more talented than theirs. Shame we have such an incompetent coach.
The coach has allowed our players to be soft. If you accept mediocrity then that's what you'll get. Workplaces are like that. The senior players of our team have a lot to answer for as well. Lobbe, Boak, Hartlett, Broadbent, Westhoff, Monfries, White and Krak have all underachieved for different reasons. Trengove also never reached any great heights but was stuffed around. Quite a few are low draft picks who played good footy for a couple of years only. Why? There are too many of them.

They should have been peaking and leading the way but they weren't up for the fight and that was obvious in 2015 when they thought it would just happen. Toughest draw yes thanks to fw Leathlean but Kochy is 100% right and those criticising him are doing it coz they don't want Port to succeed. Those players have let the club and supporters down badly. Did Burgess cook them all? I want answers from the club. Why don't I ever hear any fighting words from the club? When are we going to fire up?

Inside mids are hardened bodies with experience. These guys win the hard ball and winning that ball gives you a far greater likelihood of winning a match. It was very apparent that we needed another inside mid at the end of this season. I am not banking on that need being filled by a guy who has played in 2 games (Atley) or a guy who was never even a look in for the AFL side this season (Drew). I'd argue that it's even more important we need a vet here because we could be in a premiership window by adding a guy such as Rockliff to the middle.

You don't say no to A Grade talent because you have a few nice teenagers in the 2nds who might make it at the AFL level.
Agree 100%. We need an accumulator in the midfield and he is that. His disposal is not that great but we need his strengths badly. Throw a lot of money at him to get him unless we can get Kelly of course. Lol.

Wingard misses two kicks cause he was trying to thread the needle since Dixon was outnumbered, as usual, because everyone was zoning and defending, like normal, because that's how Ken wants to play despite us having a list with much more natural attacking instinct than that other team that plays attacking footy all the way to the premiership. Defence first.

Sent from mTalk
Yep, gotta love modern Port Adelaide footy. Such loser mentality.

Our forwards rarely run to space. They are always stagnant and bank on spillage from contested marks to score. These contests are usually in the pockets. Once again loser mentality. Take out Dixons agression against WC and it wouldn't have been a game. This has been an issue since Ken took over and is slowly driving me insane. Lol. I dont believe he will change.

Cheers for that. Having read that I'd say he knew full well what he was taking on & if it was too much for him to handle then Gold Coast was a softer option. If you're a coach in Victoria you'd go through the same dramas. These guys are paid handsomely so they'd wanna stop bitching & just coach. If true then cash is Kens only motive.
Yep stop whinging Ken and deliver. Then supporters will also stop whinging.

Yep stop whinging Ken and deliver. Then supporters will also stop whinging.
Ken by all accounts is a terrific caring man with admirable qualities however he needs to either find a way of coping better with the demands of being the head honcho of PAFC (The pressure is really only for 6 months of the year) or give the game away (never going to happen $$$).
It will be interesting to watch his demeanor now that Kochie has caved in regarding results or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back