Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrogance does not have to be earned.

Technically, arrogance is an exaggeration or overconfidence of yourself, skills, powers, etc and it shows that you actually are not confident in yourself so your arrogance compensates for your lack.

Having a good perception of your actual powers, qualities, skills is real confidence is very healthy in life.
Last year, when Houston kicked that goal after the siren against Sydney, he did so with confidence.
Arrogance usually crashes and burns.

At the heart of Kenny, he knows he's up against it to win finals so when he does, he does these arrogant things like the plane symbol to the Hawks to remind everyone and himself that he has the skills. Because arrogance likes to take any opportunity to gloat, he gives it to the Hawks but it forgets that there is a game next week when reality will hit hard.

It is just another aspect of Kenny that is against the Creed.

Those two values, stubbornness and arrogance make it very difficult to be successful. As I've said, arrogance overrates your skills and stubbornness doesn't allow to change from that mindset. Thanks David.

And the only real way to help a stupid tyrant like Kenny is to have the head assistant or all of the assistants come together and continually persuade Kenny into changes that they want but make him believer they are his ideas. A very toxic work problem.
Arrogance has three main divisions, and each division has a number of sub-sets. I like it when a player or a coach has a degree of arrogance ... IE: A sense or display of superiority over his opponent. It's more than just confidence in one's ability, it comes accross in the way they carry themselves ... "I am a winner, and I am going to best you." Chris Scott has it, Dusty has it. Toby Green has it in spades. JHF is getting it.

It has to be coupled with humility though, a desire to keep improving, and a willingness to accept counsel and direction to that end.

Hinkley ... He is arrogant in the worst way possible. Totally lacks humility, coupled with an over-inflated, unrealistic view off himself. Koch is up there with him! Together they are destroying this club's culture.

Me too! Well either that or my eyesight is getting worse. Probably the latter.
True story - I got cataracts in my eyes fixed a couple of years ago - looking in the mirror for the first time afterwards was a shock, and not in a good way 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 13 - Another Crack At This

Remove this Banner Ad

Back