How confident are you about the upcoming game against St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly cannot afford to be complacent against the saints, they have 2 legitimate tall threats now (much like us) and I'd probably say that currently on paper they look better on the inside (with all our inside losses). Really need to make this a shootout and hurt them on the rebound.

I'm interested in how they structure up in the forward line. Riewoldt in means they either drop a tall or play Riewoldt, Bruce, Membrey and then the resting Ruck. Could be problematic for them on the rebound. Don't think they will have enough coverage for our pacey rebounders. Wood, Murphy and JJ will provide a lot of drive if we are able to put the pressure up that we have so far this year.

I'm nervous because this is the first game in a long, long time that I'm confident that the game is entirely in our hands - it doesn't matter how good that St. Kilda plays, if we bring our game we can beat them. It's no longer the fact we're playing a team at or above our level - we're playing a team somewhat below us. And that makes me nervous because when was the last time we went into a game as this heavy favourites?

I'm nervous because this is the first game in a long, long time that I'm confident that the game is entirely in our hands - it doesn't matter how good that St. Kilda plays, if we bring our game we can beat them. It's no longer the fact we're playing a team at or above our level - we're playing a team somewhat below us. And that makes me nervous because when was the last time we went into a game as this heavy favourites?
I feel the same. If we come to play, like we have, the saints don't stand a chance, but if we start slow... just can't give the saints that confidence that they can win, might be too hard to stop them. Still, i just think that although the saints are showing alot this season, they are far more like us last year, competative, but can't finish even if they play well.

I haven't seen any arrogance its just realism from some bulldogs supporters due to the fact that one team is 1 - 4 and the other at 4 - 1. I expect a tough game with a hard fought 10 goal win to the bullldogs, giving the Saints players and supporters a glimpse of where they want to be five years from now.

I haven't seen any arrogance its just realism from some bulldogs supporters due to the fact that one team is 1 - 4 and the other at 4 - 1. I expect a tough game with a hard fought 10 goal win to the bullldogs, giving the Saints players and supporters a glimpse of where they want to be five years from now.

most of our players will have less than five years experience on Saturday!

Here's Titus' take on it

The Bulldogs have proved everyone wrong so far, even themselves, by starting

off 4-1 and disposing of the Swans last week in Sydney.

Lin Jong is unfortunately out with a hand injury. It’s a big loss; he’s been good in the midfield and weirdly had nine hit-outs last week. Who knew he was a 6ft 2” ruckman?

St Kilda was very good against Essendon (who were pretty awful) and really should have won but don’t let that performance fool you, they aren’t very good.

This looks like a danger game for the Dogs; coming off a big win in the wet.

Except it isn’t, it’s St Kilda, so the Doggies will win.

I say it's good that we are playing St. Kilda, in that we will see how the Dogs will respond to playing a team they SHOULD beat.

We'll see how this team responds.

Will they turn up and expect the win and just go through the motions. Or will they stay focused and play four quarter football with manic
intensity?

It will be a very interesting game.

I rate the saints as a young up and coming side. However, if the right message has been taken on board with our playing group I am confident of a 3 to 5 goal win as our team player for player is simply better.

Any under rating of the saints though would be fraught with danger

Most of these kids will remember vividly what it has been like the last few years losing week in week out. I bet they didn't enjoy it.

They've got a taste for winning and will be hungry, I'd be very shocked if they just went through the motions.

Most people would say it's a game we should win. Definitely won't be taking the Saints lightly though. Riewoldt and Montagna back for Saints, not aware of any injuries for them. We've already lost Jong this week.

We got the extra day break but we're travelling home from interstate after playing a very draining game in the wet. Saints would be drained by their match too.

I'm never confident or cocky with us anymore. Would be a real shame to drop this considering what we just did and the positive publicity we're getting. Might be a good week to rest one or two and bring in a couple fresh and hungry players.
I think Dunstan is out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a strange one isn't it. I'd be confident that the Crows, Tigers, Swans and Eagles would beat the Saints if they played them this week. But I'm not confident of us winning! Definitely the life of a being a Doggies supporter that stops getting too confident about anything.

It's a strange one isn't it. I'd be confident that the Crows, Tigers, Swans and Eagles would beat the Saints if they played them this week. But I'm not confident of us winning! Definitely the life of a being a Doggies supporter that stops getting too confident about anything.
Not to mention this side got flogged by Carlton

Danger game, very nervous!!! We've won the last games based on doing the basics well with an incredible work rate, if they maintain that should win. If they get caught up in the hype and drop the intensity, St Kilda have shown they have the ability to be dangerous!?!

Massive massive danger game. Think we will get done in this honestly. St. Kilda played pretty well last week and were unlucky to lose and we will be absolutely gassed after last week.

These are the games we should win, but still there is doubt in the back in the mind.

I don't think 99.9 percent are overly confident cocky types in regards to our chances . Nobody is talking up being 12 3 or whatever .
It's totally a media driven bandwagon hopping Robbo types that run with that.

I'm not cocky boys, but come on, the doom and gloom being extolled by some here is appalling. This is exactly what we are trying to avoid. We aren't players guys, we're not in the media, we don't need to say how good the opposition are and how much they've improved. We've improved 10 times more and we'll win by 49 points. After all, it's only St Kilda :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DOGS.

Remove this Banner Ad

How confident are you about the upcoming game against St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back