Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outdoor masks were almost the most ridiculous rule of the whole pandemic, just discouraged people from going outside along with not being able to meet friends outside. Just made people go for illegal gatherings indoors

Indoor mask mandates are absolutely sensible now though until we really know the risk of Omicron

Yet there were so many posters who were supportive of outdoor mask rules because they are nothing but sheep.

Lol, there are more boosters than demand by a long way atm…

As was well known by most people, it was only lockdowns then mandates that got people vaccinated. There will be no urgency for most people to bother with a booster.
There are more boosters in storage.

It's not a lack of public demand, bookings are slammed.

It's a logistical problem. The issue was the federal government massively winding back support and funding for it's area of the rollout as second doses peaked. If NSW are going to be receiving 300k boosters a week, that means a massive cash injection to NSW clinics and pharmacies by the fed.

Yet there were so many posters who were supportive of outdoor mask rules because they are nothing but sheep.

Why are you still complaining about outdoor mask rules?

There's only one state in the country doing that at the moment and it's not Victoria :$

It's a logistical problem. The issue was the federal government massively winding back support and funding for it's area of the rollout as second doses peaked. If NSW are going to be receiving 300k boosters a week, that means a massive cash injection to NSW clinics and pharmacies by the fed.

It said there are 3.2 million in clinics, pharmacies and vaccine hubs across the country for the 1.5 million eligible people who haven’t got vaccinated, not in storage.

It said there are 3.2 million in clinics, pharmacies and vaccine hubs across the country for the 1.5 million eligible people who haven’t got vaccinated, not in storage.
But there isn't enough appointments available.

Like I said, bookings are the issue due to logistical problems.

For example staffing, opening hours, moving vaccines from cold storage on or offsite, to temporary storage for use etc. It costs businesses money to administer those vaccines, in labour, marginal costs associated with opening hours, associated supplies etc. When federal funding dries up, each vaccination incurs a net loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local pharmacy has Moderna booking available every 5 minutes between 11am and 7pm tomorrow.

My local pharmacy has Moderna booking available every 5 minutes between 11am and 7pm tomorrow.
That's one data point.

A lot of larger GP clinics are swamped and a number of pharmacies have said they are losing so much money due to high demand/lack of federal funding, that they'll be no longer offering vaccines.

Hence why the number of providers under federal oversight has been on decline in Vic.

True. We had a few nuffies in this thread whinging about people walking the dog or being out at the beach without a mask.

Are you focusing on the past because you need to be critical, but can’t think of anything more current?

Are you focusing on the past because you need to be critical, but can’t think of anything more current?
Focusing? I made one post on the issue which was already being discussed here.

If discussing the past upsets you, just wait until you see the lefties here blame Jeff for todays problems.

That's one data point.

A lot of larger GP clinics are swamped and a number of pharmacies have said they are losing so much money due to high demand/lack of federal funding, that they'll be no longer offering vaccines.

Hence why the number of providers under federal oversight has been on decline in Vic.
It seems to be a mixed bag judging from posters here, with some having difficulty getting appointments and others no issue at all. Is there a website that advertises all vaccine providers?

If discussing the past upsets you, just wait until you see the lefties here blame Jeff for todays problems.
If you create structural problems that last for decades, I reckon that's noteworthy.

Strip mining public assets and tanking the health system is a little different to a few mildly inconvenienced dog walkers.

Strange deflection bro.

If you want to complain, multiple states have made changes to restrictions today, why can’t we discuss them rather than focusing on a rule that hasn’t been in place in Victoria in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back