Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be a mixed bag judging from posters here, with some having difficulty getting appointments and others no issue at all. Is there a website that advertises all vaccine providers?
There's an independent one, that I posted previously.

Not sure if it's still being maintained as aggressively as previous.

The Feds don't give the states open access to their data so DHHS mainly deals with state run clinics or forward bookings visible in their system.

For me, the simple judgement is that if the feds were confident they could meet accelerated demand for boosters, they'd bring the date forward.

There is a reason the drive to vaccinate under 12s begins in January.

Strange deflection bro.

If you want to complain, multiple states have made changes to restrictions today, why can’t we discuss them rather than focusing on a rule that hasn’t been in place in Victoria in months.
You can discuss whatever you want. Personally, the new measures don't bother me.

I feel it's relevant to discuss past measures, the lack of justification given for imposing some of them, and the impact that has on compliance levels and trust in government. There's no need for you to contribute to that topic if you don't feel it's worth your time. I skip over pages of posts when the subject doesn't interest me. Lately, I've scrolled past many comments about protests. Yawn.

The Feds don't give the states open access to their data so DHHS mainly deals with state run clinics or forward bookings visible in their system.

For me, the simple judgement is that if the feds were confident they could meet accelerated demand for boosters, they'd bring the date forward.

Or the health advice is longer is better? You bring it forward to what some want then you all need boosters again before winter.

You can discuss whatever you want. Personally, the new measures don't bother me.

I feel it's relevant to discuss past measures, the lack of justification given for imposing some of them, and the impact that has on compliance levels and trust in government. There's no need for you to contribute to that topic if you don't feel it's worth your time. I skip over pages of posts when the subject doesn't interest me. Lately, I've scrolled past many comments about protests. Yawn.

On Dan we cannot look backwards, only forwards

But they can bitch about ordering of vaccines in 2020 for as long as they like, even if there has been an oversupply for months…

The ATAGI's latest recommendation is for boosters to be taken at 5 months. Why would the feds ignore regulatory advice?

Nice gate keeping :$

I have a different point of view, so you decide to lecture me about how the thread works.

I'm just surprised that the most relevant discussion you could possibly contribute to this thread is about an outdated rule from 4 months ago that has no relevance to Victorians today.

Nice gate keeping :$

I have a different point of view, so you decide to lecture me about how the thread works.

I'm just surprised that the most relevant discussion you could possibly contribute to this thread is about an outdated rule from 4 months ago that has no relevance to Victorians today.
Please. One of us is trying to impose posting standards on the other, and it's fairly obvious which one is doing the gatekeeping.

I'll discuss both current and historical issues with little regard to whether you like the topic of discussion. You can either ignore it or continue to make a mountain out of a molehill on the basis of one post. I really don't care either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ATAGI's latest recommendation is for boosters to be taken at 5 months. Why would the feds ignore regulatory advice?
Precisely. Albo comes out and says the government has got it wrong, that the booster should be fast tracked. And what does he base this on? A “vibe”

This is good news.

I was shocked and I'd say very sceptical of initial reports that suggested a huge comparative dropoff in effectiveness for AZ, which would make no sense?

In the end though they modulate the immune response in a slightly different manner, they still introduce a benign analogue for the same spike protein. I wonder if it was simply a case of timing of availability, as in AZ had greater availability earlier, and a lack of fidelity when it came to estimating the confounding effect of time on declining immunity.

The whole thing confuses me Hurls.

-There’s clear evidence from other countries suggesting it’s milder and you’re less likely to be hospitalised.
-We have 1 person in ICU with omicron in the country.
-The QLD CHO came out today and said we want this circulating if it’s milder as it’ll help immunity.
-We said we wouldn’t panic on case numbers.
-AZ still works and provides protection.

Why the massive panic? Why are we knee jerking again to case numbers?

Last edited:
Or the health advice is longer is better? You bring it forward to what some want then you all need boosters again before winter.
There's no conclusive evidence to suggest 6 months is the optimal interval.

That's just the arbitrary date chosen for the first studies, arguably because it was practical (max available cohort).

4 months and 6 months could produce highly similar antibody serum levels. In fact it's very hard to estimate ideal dosing intervals over longer periods.

Precisely. Albo comes out and says the government has got it wrong, that the booster should be fast tracked. And what does he base this on? A “vibe”
I was wondering where that discussion point came from. I suppose there's a few here who copy paste ALP or Green talking points without understanding them.

Pharma regulatory bodies should be independent from government, with government following their advice.

Trump put pressure on the FDA to provide emergency authorisation for Pfizer just before he went to the polls against Biden. That's something I would hate to see happen here.

The whole thing confuses me Hurls.

-There’s clear evidence from other countries suggesting it’s milder and you’re less likely to be hospitalised.
-We have 1 person in ICU with omicron in the country.
-The QLD CHO came out today and said we want this circulating if it’s milder as it’ll help immunity.
-We said we wouldn’t panic on case numbers.
-AZ still works.

Why the massive panic? Why are we knee jerking again to case numbers?
They are just increasing too quickly.

So quickly in fact that they are putting massive strain on parts of the health system that could have a large knock on effect.

So if we look at say the UK or Denmark, hospitalisations are increasing appreciably, even if mortality is not.

This is bad for a number of reasons, first and foremost, staff exposure. If nurses and doctors catch it, they can't treat patients, remembering this is the vulnerable setting outside of aged care that we worry most about.

Second, it pushes emergency services to their limit. Every person with a serious viral pulmonary infection in the emergency ward or in an ambulance, is taking the place of a potential heart attack, stroke, or trauma victim.

The protocols for managing wards and infectious disease admissions also completely stuff the typical running of a hospital, because you have to protect patients as well as staff, and it needs to be done ethically, uniformly followong regulatory procedure, and in a way that liability can be established.

At the moment it's 000, ambulance services, staffing levels and testing that are under strain in NSW.

But in the future this could have a large impact on both COVID and non-COVID patient outcomes, not just intervention times.

Experts in other jurisdictions have given other advice.

We know that 3 doses significantly increases effectiveness regardless, so shortening the interval to allow max protection as infection peaks is the most sensible course of action.

It'll slow the rate of spread, if not to a huge degree, but most importantly it will keep hospital admissions down when we most need to.

They are just increasing too quickly.

So quickly in fact that they are putting massive strain on parts of the health system that could have a large knock on effect.

So if we look at say the UK or Denmark, hospitalisations are increasing appreciably, even if mortality is not.

This is bad for a number of reasons, first and foremost, staff exposure. If nurses and doctors catch it, they can't treat patients, remembering this is the vulnerable setting outside of aged care that we worry most about.

Second, it pushes emergency services to their limit. Every person with a serious viral pulmonary infection in the emergency ward or in an ambulance, is taking the place of a potential heart attack, stroke, or trauma victim.

The protocols for managing wards and infectious disease admissions also completely stuff the typical running of a hospital, because you have to protect patients as well as staff, and it needs to be done ethically, uniformly followong regulatory procedure, and in a way that liability can be established.

At the moment it's 000, ambulance services, staffing levels and testing that are under strain in NSW.

But in the future this could have a large impact on both COVID and non-COVID patient outcomes, not just intervention times.

Perrottet did say today restrictions are coming back in because HCWs are having to isolate (as you mentioned). Concerning as this just doesn’t seem sustainable.

I was wondering where that discussion point came from. I suppose there's a few here who copy paste ALP or Green talking points without understanding them.

Pharma regulatory bodies should be independent from government, with government following their advice.

Trump put pressure on the FDA to provide emergency authorisation for Pfizer just before he went to the polls against Biden. That's something I would hate to see happen here.
The interval would already be 3 months if they were confident they could meet demand.

Could be basing it on actions taken by UK. Although I don’t know if UK decided from their experts or if was made up by Bojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back