Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we need peak immunity to match or precede peak Omicron infections to limit strain on the health system and marginally slow spread.

The largest benefit of boosters is kind of lost if it comes months into a massive nationwide outbreak.

Also no better time to get vaccinated than during a period many will take leave.
That's a piss poor justification from an alleged research scientist.

Why should we trust the word of an anonymous bigfooty poster over sound advice from regulators who have far greater resources to evaluate research papers and submissions from vaccine manufacturers?

As I said in another thread. The desperation to catastrophise what amounts to a a very infectious cold is extraordinary.
at the moment health care workers still have to furlough if/when they become a close contact with this "infectious cold" (which is only flu-like due to vaccination). That furlough is going to be what crushes the health system.
(the fear is that it gets into the health workers and they spread to each other and patients, hence the driver for furloughs)

That's a piss poor justification from an alleged research scientist.

Why should we trust the word of an anonymous bigfooty poster over sound advice from regulators who have far greater resources to evaluate research papers and submissions from vaccine manufacturers?
I think it is partly driven by the UK giving booster at 3 months. Which implies that the UK also have regulators etc who evaluate the research. Which then follows "why such different conclusions?" between UK evaluation and ATAGI.
(Also many Australians only completed their double vax in the last 3 months anyway, so that makes booster question a bit moot for many)

at the moment health care workers still have to furlough if/when they become a close contact with this "infectious cold" (which is only flu-like due to vaccination). That furlough is going to be what crushes the health system.
(the fear is that it gets into the health workers and they spread to each other and patients, hence the driver for furloughs)
I’m interested to know what the duration of the infection is. I realise everyone is different, but does it resemble a cold ie a couple of weeks, or does it last longer? Also how long is the infectious period before that subsides into just feeling a bit crook or having a lingering cough?

Really? NSW seeded Delta scross the rest of the country.

Melbourne just had the misfortune of being first to have a major HQ breach.

Regardless, there should have been a comprehensive federal strategy. Ceding responsibility for border and bio security to the states, who aren't equipped for such a task, was a political decision to protect Morrison, and one that cost Australia significantly.
Don’t try and rewrite history

I’m interested to know what the duration of the infection is. I realise everyone is different, but does it resemble a cold ie a couple of weeks, or does it last longer? Also how long is the infectious period before that subsides into just feeling a bit crook or having a lingering cough?
For the covid I have seen (mostly delta, some original strain)
- symptoms (range from minimal to severe, definitely less for vaccinated) of fever, short of breath on minimal activity, loss of taste/smell (which sounds meh but leads to loss of appetite- not eating/drinking and dehydration). Delta has more diarrhoea and nausea as well.
- symptoms seem to last as few as couple of days to weeks/months
- DHS define infectious ness for 10 days only, if not immunosuppressed. I have seen prolonged symptoms but it is believed to be due to damage caused by infection to lungs etc rather than ongoing infectivity

So was the QLD CHO correct or not yesterday? Do we want this variant getting around Australia to assist with immunity?

So was the QLD CHO correct or not yesterday? Do we want this variant getting around Australia to assist with immunity?
Yes they were right.
The choice of closing the border was not taken up by a limpless leader who knew about pre December and didn't have balls to limit the damage.
He then said let's wait n see.
Once in the only alternative is mass inoculation and hopefully limit death.

And blame states.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is partly driven by the UK giving booster at 3 months. Which implies that the UK also have regulators etc who evaluate the research. Which then follows "why such different conclusions?" between UK evaluation and ATAGI.
(Also many Australians only completed their double vax in the last 3 months anyway, so that makes booster question a bit moot for many)
Most in NSW and Victoria would be hitting 3 months by the end of Jan. Victoria was 80% double by end of October, NSW about 2 or 3 weeks earlier

Looks like we're moving to 3 months soon anyway.

It is more difficult in Victoria- my reasoning is there’s a lot of delta, and one can’t tell quickly if the covid you have/ exposed to is delta or omicron; while qld and probably nsw can make decisions based on their covid = omicron it’s not that stage for Victoria (why we still have more hospitalisation and icu)

Victorian government- Get tested at first signs of symptoms or if you’ve visited an exposure site

Also Victorian government- Our testing sites mostly only run 4 days a week, most will be closed on Fridays, Weekends and public holidays.

Guess the numbers should be well down for Christmas.

Source for this comment?

Which state run testing sites are closed Friday and the weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back