Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t a great response by Vic Pol but unfortunately they are very limited in what they can do these days after I think it was the G20 many years ago?

Ideally they’d be able to use more force and disperse them a lot quicker when it’s clear they’re not about protesting but making a nuisance of themselves and physically disrupting the lives of others.

It’s funny NSW police just got rid of their water cannon after never using it, I’d love to see Vic Pol get one and just blast them!!!

I was arguing for less force, fewer alt-right trolls in uniform. Maybe a Labor government that understands the concerns over mining.

I was arguing for less force, fewer alt-right trolls in uniform. Maybe a Labor government that understands the concerns over mining.

Lol, less force? You’re kidding right?

So what should they do when people going to work are being physically assaulted and spat on? When horses are being attacked? When officers are being assaulted doing their job?

The fact there were no serious injuries to protestors showed there was a clear lack of force used

Premier Daniel Andrews strongly backed police on Thursday, describing the protests as turning "ugly".

"I think Victoria Police, when confronted with complex and challenging circumstances, have done a very good job," he said.

What do you expect him to say really? Of course he is going to back them in a public forum. Good on him. In private he can say stuff if it’s needed.

What do you expect him to say really? Of course he is going to back them in a public forum. Good on him. In private he can say stuff if it’s needed.

The VicPol leadership expressed disappointment in some of their officers, Andrews could do similar.

We are making it easier for Victorians to get to work.

Jks, were actually making your service slower.

Disastrous for the Government.

They’ve also said the new fast speed trains will be “ready when they’re ready..as long as it takes”.
Geez I wish I could have a job that was paid by the tax payer and make my own infinite deadlines after I missed the initial one by 12 months.

Our Police act in the professional manner blah blah however we will review anything that is brought to our attention as good government should.

We are making it easier for Victorians to get to work.

Jks, were actually making your service slower.

Disastrous for the Government.

They’ve also said the new fast speed trains will be “ready when they’re ready..as long as it takes”.
Geez I wish I could have a job that was paid by the tax payer and make my own infinite deadlines after I missed the initial one by 12 months.

So let's run the new trains when they aren't safe or other matters? Ok.

Skyrail was about people in cars. It was never about people on trains, who along the Pakenham/Cranbourne lines are rusted on anyway.

The ruthless political pragmatism of this government is world class.

Lol, less force? You’re kidding right?

So what should they do when people going to work are being physically assaulted and spat on? When horses are being attacked? When officers are being assaulted doing their job?

The fact there were no serious injuries to protestors showed there was a clear lack of force used
Found the bootlicker.

Skyrail was about people in cars. It was never about people on trains, who along the Pakenham/Cranbourne lines are rusted on anyway.

The ruthless political pragmatism of this government is world class.
Sky rail is about allowing more trains once the metro tunnel is completed. The boomgate downtime during peak along with the city loop being at capacity both limit the number of trains that can be run. Once both these upgrades are completed more trains can run the Dandy lines as signaling upgrades are also taking place. Without the Metro Tunel its a pointless upgrade for rail, but once combined there should be significant benefits.

More train timetable whinging from the usual suspects I see

We WaNt UpGrAdEs NoW

WhY is tHeRe AlWaYs DeLaYs
We should have 10 HCMTs carrying passengers at the moment.
We have 0 with the first mainline test only occurring a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect if theyre running the timetable stays as is.

This timetable is a padding exercise. Not the huge changed that are mooted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wins the next election Victoria will have another 7 years of Andrews. I think he's too popular and will win. I don't even know who the lib guy is

Actually don't mind this government. I think that a lot of their infrastructure work has been vital and effective (sky rail included i live near one think its great). They have benefited bigly from property price increase but they are using it for infrastructure which is good spending imo.

It's tinted a little by some irritating "fluff" policy and some questionable corruption and arrogance, the China stuff is concerning and pretty shocking to undermine the federal government.

Overall wouldn't be totally disappointed with another term of similar work and I don't think they will lose the next election, i do expect a big swing against them however as last election was a romp.

EDIT: The energy policy is shizen though

We could expect to see leadership tensions arise within the next 12 months in the Victorian Liberals. Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien has not landed a major blow against the Andrews Labor Government since he became leader of the Victorian Liberals. And it's fair to say they are still in a state of shock over last year's Victorian election defeat. Looks like the Victorian Liberals is in the same boat as the GWS Giants-got smashed at the State Election/Grand Final, and still don't know how to deal with the fallout from the loss.

We could expect to see leadership tensions arise within the next 12 months in the Victorian Liberals. Opposition Leader Michael O'Brien has not landed a major blow against the Andrews Labor Government since he became leader of the Victorian Liberals. And it's fair to say they are still in a state of shock over last year's Victorian election defeat. Looks like the Victorian Liberals is in the same boat as the GWS Giants-got smashed at the State Election/Grand Final, and still don't know how to deal with the fallout from the loss.

Neither has whoever is the federal opposition leader these days, completely silent and his next election is closer. No point going hard 3 years out, they made that mistake last time

Neither has whoever is the federal opposition leader these days, completely silent and his next election is closer. No point going hard 3 years out, they made that mistake last time

I’ve said this before, but in retrospect, the Victorian Liberals should’ve made a major clean out of its team after losing the 2014 state election, and give itself a chance of returning to power in 2022. After what happened in last year’s state election, it looks like it could be 2030 or 2034 before the Victorian Coalition is back on the government benches again.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back