Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the hell are some people advocating for Rex to get the sack.

Rex Hunt is the heart and soul and character of 3aw footy.

I know he's a pain the ass at times but 3AW footy would lose its identity if they sacked Rex.

Rex Hunt, Robert Walls and Clinton Grybas are a good trio and worth listening to, in my humble opionion

Totally a matter of opinion but those three are among my most heavily disliked commentators.

Walls spends so much time talking about "the big fellas" and who's "bold" and "courageous" it's as though he thinks he's the authority on all things ballsy.

Grybas' voice is my main gripe with that guy, totally a consequence of the shape of my ear canal, no doubt.

Hunt, well, love him or hate him I suppose, he's such an extreme personality.

Whereas the triple M team are like watching the footy with your mates, imho.

I know he's a pain the ass at times but 3AW footy would lose its identity if they sacked Rex.

because I like to listen to the footy, not spend time trying to work out who the hell he is talking about.

Totally a matter of opinion but those three are among my most heavily disliked commentators.

Walls spends so much time talking about "the big fellas" and who's "bold" and "courageous" it's as though he thinks he's the authority on all things ballsy.

Grybas' voice is my main gripe with that guy, totally a consequence of the shape of my ear canal, no doubt.

Hunt, well, love him or hate him I suppose, he's such an extreme personality.

Whereas the triple M team are like watching the footy with your mates, imho.

Agree with you there. :thumbsu: Getting rid of Hutchy is not gonna have me changing to 3aw, triple M are funny and it is like watching the footy with your mates, taking the piss out of each other and havin a laugh.

The biggest obvious problem IMHO with AW is the interstate feeds they take, now that SEN covers those games who would bother listening to a biased interstate call?

Exactly - it's the identity that's the problem.

Besides Hutchy, they actually have a great team. It's the way they do the commentary during the game. Whose idea was it to let Rex sings during the game? The bad thing is, when Rex sings, Robert Walls joins him, who wants to hear them sing? Not to mentioned all those stupid sound effects they do, the dog barking, that "hi-ho" thing they do, etc. And Rex doing the fat lady sings, doesn't that make you turn it off earlier, especially when you are the losing side?

Problem with Hutchy is nobody likes him. The way he reports and sleazy extent he goes to get "exclusives" kind of isolates him from footy fans.

I am sure nobody will be shedding any tears here.

Problem with Hutchy is nobody likes him. The way he reports and sleazy extent he goes to get "exclusives" kind of isolates him from footy fans.

I am sure nobody will be shedding any tears here.

Why does everyone keep putting Hutchy's "exclusives" in "inverted commas"??

Wayne Carey would be a better commentator/presenter if he could just relax for five minutes. He looks like he's been ironed he's so stiff!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey would be a better commentator/presenter if he could just relax for five minutes. He looks like he's been ironed he's so stiff!

we might need an exclusive with stevo's misses and that model he'd allegedly been seeing for confirmation

Toad of a bloke.

Lets face it he works on gossip and innuendo and there is only so much of that to go around. I suspect having to come up with 3 loads of tripe a week was diluting his impact.

The fact that he is pretty much universally disliked by supporters, players and others in the media does not help.

3AW is just pissing into the wind thought, until they get rid of Rex. I have not listened to 3AW for over a decade, what is the point, you never know what is going on in the actual game, just a lot of screaming and nicknames that make no sense. MMM gives a little bit of flair without going over the top and the call can be followed.

I couldn't agree more...Get rid of Hunt & Russell, and I will start listening again..Until then I will continue to listen to the ABC..All those stupid names that Hunt calls, I have no idea who the players are!!!Well done to 3AW for getting rid of that moron Hutchison..hopefully that will send a message to the TV media too.. He was fired from channel 7, why would 9 want to pick up a hack like him, I will never understand. Just another big mistake by McGuire...it has backfired Eddie, get rid of him..:(

LOL chase himself across a carpark ....sticking a mike into his face asking himself dumb arse questions :D
It'll be like on TV Shows where they hire an actor to play twins. There'll be a shot of Hutchy asking someone off camera a question, then a shot of Hutchy answering it with someone who looks nothing like him standing with his back to the camera trying to pass himself off as Hutchy.

I couldn't agree more...Get rid of Hunt & Russell, and I will start listening again..Until then I will continue to listen to the ABC..All those stupid names that Hunt calls, I have no idea who the players are!!!Well done to 3AW for getting rid of that moron Hutchison..hopefully that will send a message to the TV media too.. He was fired from channel 7, why would 9 want to pick up a hack like him, I will never understand. Just another big mistake by McGuire...it has backfired Eddie, get rid of him..:(

Bit late now. Eddie quit weeks ago.

Hutchy himself is unbelievable.

I remember one day at Essendon training, there's Hutchy out there kicking a footy in Windsor Smith shoes. Now, I've been around a little bit and I can tell ya having tried to do it myself, a pair of Windsor Smith's aren't the best things to kick footballs with.

Horowitz's sacking is a bit of a shock really..."Racetrack Ralphie" is quite knowledgable really and his talent will be missed - perhaps needs to return to on-air work though.

Several Saturday nights ago I tuned into 3AW for a few minutes, the last time I EVER do that again.. The absolute crap that Cummings,Russell & Hutchison were going on with was unbelievable!! If they want to TRY to be comedians, go to the Comedy Theatre...They were pathetic!!Football wasn't even discussed most of the time..Thank goodness I can get the ABC, who talk exclusively about FOOTY!!!:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back