Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

hahah Hutchie you parasite. Id laugh in The Chasers War on Everything followed him around and got up close in his face and pestered him about the whole incident. Id forever be a loyal viewer if they did that. Well done 3AW :thumbsu:

awesome, one down, two to go.

caroline wilson, you know and care nothing for football, your pathetic, gossipy bullshit is at best an embarrassment to the game, at worst very damaging, go get a job where you talents are appropriate: womens day magazine

robert walls, you are a lazy and egotistical tosser, try WATCHING players and teams before you comment on them, and please believe that noone who actually matters in football gives your opinion any credence, and hence you can not and do not have the continual and massive influence on football that you believe so strongly that you do. finally your game day commentary is not in the least way insightful or interesting. give it up

Just for a bit of balance ...

http://footyheads.com.au/index.php/2007/06/21/im-disappointed/#comments

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 at 4:45 pm

By CRAIG HUTCHISON

3AW has today axed myself, football producer Ralph Horowitz and Glossing Over in a bitter fallout to 3AW’s disappointing ratings.

I was told today my services were no longer required.

I am disappointed with the decision and completely surprised. I was not aware the station had problems with my performance nor the football coverage.

Footyheads will become a bigger focus for me on weekends and I thank those of you that have listened to 3AW throughout my 15 month stint.

Huthy..self important tosser and gutter crawling gossip columnist masquerading as a sports journo. Now get him off TV and I'll be happy.

Hunt.....self important tosser masquerading as a football caller. If the only way I can listen to a game is 3AW, I do it but hate it. You don't know who's got the ball; where the hell it is; what the scores are.

MMM are much better and the ABC while stiff at least let you know what's going on.

A_0Your%20Fired.jpg

This is a very special day in the futre of football on radio:D:D:D

suck fu#**n shit hutchy and i rekon it's just the start !!:thumbsu:

bye bye channel 9

now cya rex and freshen up this radio station or im stayin
with mmm james & gazza on saturdys

RIP HUTCHY :p

Two sides to everything.

Hutchy on Sat night was boring, and equally tepid is MMM's team.

3AW Fri/Sat & Sun days my fav. Rex, Tony Leonard, Clinton etc.

No one considers that the nicknames, schtick etc is a massive part of why people have been tuning in (at times a bit overboard but usually spoton). If I wanted some stock standard call I'd listen to ABC (nodding off already).

MMM 1pm - 6pm = just the call and ads. Halftime is basically an extended commercial.

Alas I don't think Hutchy was a good fit and his call was average at best, thus glad he's gone

You know your stuff, do you work in the media?

From what I've been told Ralph was constantly undermined by Rex, Clinton and Bondy who now has his job! Bondy is also Rex' best mate so don't except any changes there.

Everyone has focused on Hutchie - what about the rest of the team? Hutchie doesn't do any of the call on Friday night so why have ther atings halved there?

Dr Turf and Trevor Marmalade also got the arse today.
Disappointed with that - how do they come to the conclusion that someone like Dr Turf is the problem. He's great from 6-7pm on the Friday nights IMO.

Just for a bit of balance ...

http://footyheads.com.au/index.php/2007/06/21/im-disappointed/#comments

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 at 4:45 pm

By CRAIG HUTCHISON

3AW has today axed myself, football producer Ralph Horowitz and Glossing Over in a bitter fallout to 3AW’s disappointing ratings.

I was told today my services were no longer required.

I am disappointed with the decision and completely surprised. I was not aware the station had problems with my performance nor the football coverage.

Footyheads will become a bigger focus for me on weekends and I thank those of you that have listened to 3AW throughout my 15 month stint.

:p:D Hilarious..........notice he mentions HIMSELf first in that list ahead of Ralph and Go.

Two sides to everything.

Hutchy on Sat night was boring, and equally tepid is MMM's team.

3AW Fri/Sat & Sun days my fav. Rex, Tony Leonard, Clinton etc.

No one considers that the nicknames, schtick etc is a massive part of why people have been tuning in (at times a bit overboard but usually spoton). If I wanted some stock standard call I'd listen to ABC (nodding off already).

MMM 1pm - 6pm = just the call and ads. Halftime is basically an extended commercial.

Alas I don't think Hutchy was a good fit and his call was average at best, thus glad he's gone

Well Lord Nelson you have got your wish Rex, Clinton, Tone and Bondy for your weekend. Who will they blame next month if the ratings don't go up??WATCH OUT ROHAN CONNOLLY - YOU ARE NEXT

By the way if Hutchy was boring and Triple M is tepid - why did 3AW finish 3rd in every session? Hutchy wasn't on every session - why is he the only one to get the blame? Any credit to the ABC or MMM?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed with that - how do they come to the conclusion that someone like Dr Turf is the problem. He's great from 6-7pm on the Friday nights IMO.

Agreed - his Saturday morning show wasn't too flash, but he was quality on Fridays. I notice he was no longer a regular on Monday's Sports Today edition too - wonder if he doesn't get on with Carey? He was great value with Garry Lyon last year, extremely entertaining and funny radio.

I actually mostly liked Hutchy's reports, though I rarely listened to any Saturday night radio calls. I also like Caro's reports and like Rex generally, though I think he overdoes the nicknames etc a bit.

One point nobody seems concerned about is the principle of just sacking someone without consulting them over concerns with their performance.

I actually mostly liked Hutchy's reports, though I rarely listened to any Saturday night radio calls. I also like Caro's reports and like Rex generally, though I think he overdoes the nicknames etc a bit.

One point nobody seems concerned about is the principle of just sacking someone without consulting them over concerns with their performance.

think you're the only one defending him, making 1 vs 93. i suppose there are always aberations.

hutchy, in his field treads a fine line. i would say that wilson, robinson and sheehan, are all in the category that have no football background, and work on gossip and inuendo (as correctly mentioned by someone else here).

however hutchy represents himself as 'on the cutting edge' and 'pulling no punches', in that he is supposed to be reporting the news first and asking the questions that need to be asked. but the problem is, that he needs to ask himself 'am i reporting this to get ahead' and 'am i reporting this for the good of the football or the football public'. very often it appears that it is the former, in that its to cause controversy and highlight himself.

certainly there is a trust issue.

this is why he gets the many colourful titles.

wilson, appears to have football interest at heart, and even though she may not, it translates that way to readers, and is the reason for her survival. make no mistake, i don't like her, and don't read her articles, apart from the clarko one.

robinson is the same as hutchy, except, it appears to me that he isn't as over-exposed as hutchy (perhaps his down fall).

sheehan. well as with wilson, he appears to like football, and means well, though i find his writing is like a child.

just said hutchy's on footy show, should be good.

Should have mentioned too, it sucks that Glossing Over was scrapped - i often listened to that and enjoyed it. I think Dr Turf, particularly, is a funny guy, and Trev and Tony. But don't worry, they're replacing it with a 'lifestyle' program.

:rolleyes:

Yours in abberative commentary,

Fossie32

:D

Depends on a lot of things. With radio and the media where you survive on your ability to draw people in I am sure some aspect of his contract would have this as a condition.

So the remuneration may well be adjusted to alleviate this happening. Paid well while flying and nothing while dying

no great suprise hes a tool...he actually thinks he knows the game...hes never played it coached it or even umpired it....

Hopefully Sam and the boys give him shit on the Footy Show tonight.

Yeah most likely. He might have an 'exclusive' though on the Darwin incident.

Surprise surprise... Hutchy's on TFS.

"TFS believes that Fremantle will announce that Chris Tarrant will be suspended tomorrow, most likely for one match. He will also be fined $10,000":eek::p:D

Always the newsbreaker hey Hutchy? Is it on your Footyheads website too?

And now Jimbo and Loinchop are doing the poor Hutchy routine about his deserved sacking... FFS even the scapegoat line comes out... Ease up people, somehow I think he'll still be annoying us on another radio station sometime soon.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back