Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for a bit of balance ...

http://footyheads.com.au/index.php/2007/06/21/im-disappointed/#comments

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 at 4:45 pm

By CRAIG HUTCHISON

3AW has today axed myself, football producer Ralph Horowitz and Glossing Over in a bitter fallout to 3AW’s disappointing ratings.

I was told today my services were no longer required.

I am disappointed with the decision and completely surprised. I was not aware the station had problems with my performance nor the football coverage.

Footyheads will become a bigger focus for me on weekends and I thank those of you that have listened to 3AW throughout my 15 month stint.

Is this the same footy forum where Suzi Olsen is a moderator?:D

A_0Your%20Fired.jpg

GOLD! :)

channel 7 should send a news hound and camp outside his house for a few days....see how he likes it...if i ever see him in public I will give him a spray

hutchy, in his field treads a fine line. i would say that wilson, robinson and sheehan, are all in the category that have no football background, and work on gossip and inuendo

Most of your post was fairly accurate I think, except for your grouping all of the above into the one category.

hutchy represents himself as 'on the cutting edge' and 'pulling no punches', in that he is supposed to be reporting the news first and asking the questions that need to be asked. but the problem is, that he needs to ask himself 'am i reporting this to get ahead' and 'am i reporting this for the good of the football or the football public'. very often it appears that it is the former, in that its to cause controversy and highlight himself.

That's what he set himself up to be and why he's failed. More bleeding edge than cutting edge ?

wilson, appears to have football interest at heart, and even though she may not, it translates that way to readers, and is the reason for her survival.

She's very much the product of her father - she loves footy and she still has his contacts. She writes from a female point of view, and love her or hate her, it should be recognised that there are a HUGE number of female footy fans out there !

robinson is the same as hutchy, except, it appears to me that he isn't as over-exposed as hutchy (perhaps his down fall).

Hutchy's over-exposure and over-hyping has led to his down-fall for sure, but Robbo's over-exposure in his 'shorts' at a recent press conference was just as bad :(

sheehan. well as with wilson, he appears to like football, and means well, though i find his writing is like a child.

He's the only full-time footy-journo who HAS to meet at least 3 dead-lines a week and has survived for a long time, despite being dumped on from a great height by a great many people. Can we say a 'hack' ? Or a 'journey-man' (journo-man ?).

See Ya Craig...dont let the door hit you on the way out...

RADIO station 3AW reacted to its shock drop in football ratings by sacking host Craig Hutchison and producer Ralph Horowitz yesterday.

Apologies if this has already been road-tested. Im glad to see this slimeball dropped from 3AW, hopefully this is a sign of his career of writing shit about footballers, following them around to get dirt and other profoundly disturbing methods of 'journalism' disappearing forever.

Maybe 3AW reads BF?

Comments?

Re: See Ya Craig...dont let the door hit you on the way out...

RADIO station 3AW reacted to its shock drop in football ratings by sacking host Craig Hutchison and producer Ralph Horowitz yesterday.

Apologies if this has already been road-tested. Im glad to see this slimeball dropped from 3AW, hopefully this is a sign of his career of writing shit about footballers, following them around to get dirt and other profoundly disturbing methods of 'journalism' disappearing forever.

Maybe 3AW reads BF?

Comments?

did he hurt you with all the Cuz saga

Maybe 3AW reads BF?

Comments?

Interesting to see station manager Graham Mott so forceful in his comments about AW's loss of the plot. I liked the following excerpt:

"From now on there will be more score updates and more about the players and what's going on rather than the so-called entertainment, just getting back to the grass roots on how we do football." The post-match "Rex Hunt's half-hour, where we have been taking strange calls", will also be axed immediately.

To be honest, I stopped listening to AW about ten years ago, so I don't really know how Hutchison impacted their coverage. But there was a reason I gave up listening to them, and it seems that many others are now drawing the same conclusions.

Does anyone actually like him? He reminds me of a schoolyard 'dobber'!:thumbsdown: Goes around getting everyone in trouble, has unqualified opinions on everything(I know, like Im doing now), where did he come from? Who is he?

Interesting to see station manager Graham Mott so forceful in his comments about AW's loss of the plot. I liked the following excerpt:

"From now on there will be more score updates and more about the players and what's going on rather than the so-called entertainment, just getting back to the grass roots on how we do football." The post-match "Rex Hunt's half-hour, where we have been taking strange calls", will also be axed immediately.

To be honest, I stopped listening to AW about ten years ago, so I don't really know how Hutchison impacted their coverage. But there was a reason I gave up listening to them, and it seems that many others are now drawing the same conclusions.

I stopped listenting to AW once I could not stand Rex Hunt any longer. There lies the problem with that station. I didn't even know Hutchy was on there this year.

Hunt is a baffoon. The pre match and post match call back shows are a disgrace and perhaps Rex might actually call out a game score every now and then during a game, heck that would be a good idea.

MMM is much better now that Sam is gone from there with his negative attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped listenting to AW once I could not stand Rex Hunt any longer. There lies the problem with that station. I didn't even know Hutchy was on there this year.

Hunt is a baffoon. The pre match and post match call back shows are a disgrace and perhaps Rex might actually call out a game score every now and then during a game, heck that would be a good idea.

MMM is much better now that Sam is gone from there with his negative attitude.

:thumbsu: I'm from Adelaide and like to hear commentary and talk-back from Melbourne since its the only way to get a handle on whats happening in the AFL (our media is pretty much insulated with Crows and Power news only) - anyway we get a 3AW feed on the radio but whenever that happens i change over to the ABC or anywhere. Similarly, to you i cannot stand Rex Hunt's calls nor the emphasis on "entertainment" rather than grass roots football.

As i havent really listened to AW for years (except when with a mate who likes Hunt so i'm subjected to it) i cant really comment on Hutchy's performance but IMO the 3AW problems seem to rest more with Hunt etc and the emphasis on entertainment etc as recognised in Graham Motts statement. Consequently, I'm not sure that they have fully addressed the problem.

Why the hell are some people advocating for Rex to get the sack.

Rex Hunt is the heart and soul and character of 3aw footy.

I know he's a pain the ass at times but 3AW footy would lose its identity if they sacked Rex.

See below:

because I like to listen to the footy, not spend time trying to work out who the hell he is talking about.

Exactly - it's the identity that's the problem.

It's impressive how many BF'ers have their finger on the pulse. For how long have many of us said that 3AW is old and stale? I have little time for Rex but if he makes a drastic change to his style, 3AW can gain back their #1 position. But he has to stop with all his childish bullshit immediately. If I were management, I'd give him till the end of the season, if he doesn't improve his delivery, regardless of ratings, I'd bone him.

Rex Hunt prides himself on the drivel he goes on with - many times he has tried to justify his nonsense calls as info-entertainment and it is neither. I haven't listened to 3AW for years because I actually like to know what is going on in a particular game - not have to translate a player's name from a pathetic attempt a rhyming slang, or put up with screaching noises supposedly adding umph to the call.
I don't know why Craig Hutchinson allowed himself to be "reprogrammed' when he returned from the States or while he was there - he was quite good before he went and has come back a gossip merchant and a poorer part of the footy scene in this state.

Rex Hunt prides himself on the drivel he goes on with - many times he has tried to justify his nonsense calls as info-entertainment and it is neither. I haven't listened to 3AW for years because I actually like to know what is going on in a particular game - not have to translate a player's name from a pathetic attempt a rhyming slang, or put up with screaching noises supposedly adding umph to the call.
Same. I absolutely refuse to listen to 3AW if Hunt is calling unless I have no other choice.

So Hutchy writes about himself on the net and makes a grab for sympathy from ill-directed afl fans.

I left my comment there for bit of a reality check for him. Will most likely get deleted i suspect.
I read that comment. That wasn't really a nice thing to say. I am a regular poster on that site and I respect Hutchy more than I do with others on this site who keep bagging him out.

While i agree Hutchie is painful...he was NOT the problem at AW.....so many people have stated that they stopped listening years ago, as we did, Hutchie wasn't there then.....the problem is and always has been REX HUNT...he's an idiot.....stupid moronic over the top behaviour, using names for players we have no idea who it is....fat lady etc.....Hutchie, when all said and done, is harmless.....Rex would send anyone into being a nervous wreck.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Hutchy sacked from 3AW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back