I do not think the Crows will win a final

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the story there? He was a Port supporter putting on an act wasn't he?

It sounds like we were all sitting in the vicinity of each other. I was about 20 rows back directly behind the free kick. From that angle, you couldn't see the hold. Needless to say I was going nuts.

I could've used a few like minds to have a beer with after that game. Talk about a restless night's sleep. That was a long trip home.

I have no idea but I have no difficulty believing he was a Crows supporter.

I didn't think it was a free either. A Collingwood-supporting friend of mine sent me an SMS after the game and in it he said the free was there, I think I told him to get ****ed, hahaha.

I have no idea but I have no difficulty believing he was a Crows supporter.

I didn't think it was a free either. A Collingwood-supporting friend of mine sent me an SMS after the game and in it he said the free was there, I think I told him to get screwed, hahaha.
Is this the thing where Anthony was no chance of making a contest Rutten stumbles grabs his arm while Otten takes an uncontested mark and they hand him the gift?
Yeah totally there....

You assuming Geelong will beat Sydney and we win both games?
If WC win tonight, which is looking likely, and Geelong beat Sydney and we beat GC (which will happen), then we'll play Sydney here (if we beat Melbourne) or at the SCG (if we lose to Melbourne). Thankyou WC!!

Geelong will beat Sydney, no doubt about it.

Free was there every day of the week. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Touch footy fan. Umpire grandstanding, absolutely garbage to call something with no impact on the contest, Jack Anthony and Ussain Bolt are not the same fella.
Sayings are bullshit. When you have a stroke trying mouthing the words and see if it works.
"It is an honor and a privilege to die for ones country('s landlords)" is another neat saying.

Considering last year, its a fracking good effort by the club to be 6 wins and 4 losses against the top 8 sides in the H@A season.

Thats about middle of the top eight kinda positioning. That would say that making the Prelims would be improving on our season , in the finals.

Looking extremely likely we will be playing Sydney in the qualifying final, barring a monumental stuff up from us in the next fortnight.

Only thing to be decided is the location.

Yes indeed. And Sydney are the one club in the top four I'd be happy for the Crows to face regardless if it was at AAMI or the SCG. We can beat Sydney anywhere anytime...although we do need to make sure we really improve our form over the next two weeks....but Sydney have rarely beaten us in the last ten or so years...we've got the wood on them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes indeed. And Sydney are the one club in the top four I'd be happy for the Crows to face regardless if it was at AAMI or the SCG. We can beat Sydney anywhere anytime...although we do need to make sure we really improve our form over the next two weeks....but Sydney have rarely beaten us in the last ten or so years...we've got the wood on them
We can only play at them at AAMI or ANZ Stadium (Olympic Stadium). Seeing as we've never played there before I'd be very nervous about heading over for a final.

We do have good history against Sydney, but dont under rate them - they are a very good side.
Still, i have to agree with you - I feel a lot more confident against them than Hawthorn or Collingwood.

Not the same thing. No Home and Away game will ever be like a final no matter how much people go on about finals like pressure.

I agree, no minor round game will ever come close to being like a final.

Neil Craig used to constantly harp on about certain minor round games being like finals, yet when we actually played finals we were exposed.

Considering last year, its a fracking good effort by the club to be 6 wins and 4 losses against the top 8 sides in the H@A season.

Thats about middle of the top eight kinda positioning. That would say that making the Prelims would be improving on our season , in the finals.

Hopefully we can made the prelim, but looking at how things will pan out it wont be easy.

Sydney will beat Geelong at Kardinia Park, bookmark it. The footy gods, as they have done since 1999, will ensure we wont get any stroke of luck that will help us in September. This will have us playing Sydney at ANZ and if we lose that we then have to come up against the one of the two form teams of the bottom half of the 8 (Geelong and/or North Melbourne) at home so it's not going to be an easy task at all.

Nth Melbourne had a burst of footy against us in the latter half of the first quarter and most of the second quarter at docklands, Geelong did very similar to us at Kardinia park, as did Hawthorn at the MCG. Swans also gave us a second quarter hiding at the SCG as Brisbane did at the GABBA.

We don't want to travel until the granny, I hope your wrong about Sydney as I was much impressed with Hawthorn. They found something special when they had to in the most extreme of enviroments possible. I don't think now that they'll find west Coast to much trouble ( i so wanna be wrong)

We can only play at them at AAMI or ANZ Stadium (Olympic Stadium). Seeing as we've never played there before I'd be very nervous about heading over for a final.

Why is the game being played at ANZ Stadium? Is it because there's construction going on at the SCG and therefore creates less revenue than ANZ Stadium? ****ED BY THE AFL AGAIN! the crows love playing at the SCG our record there is fantastic!

Why is the game being played at ANZ Stadium? Is it because there's construction going on at the SCG and therefore creates less revenue than ANZ Stadium? screwed BY THE AFL AGAIN! the crows love playing at the SCG our record there is fantastic!
Sydney have a deal to play all home finals at ANZ. I assume it has something to with the SCG undergoing pitch preparation for the cricket season - as it stands ANZ a bit of a neutral ground because Sydney aren't usually too flash when they play there.

Sydney have a deal to play all home finals at ANZ. I assume it has something to with the SCG undergoing pitch preparation for the cricket season - as it stands ANZ a bit of a neutral ground because Sydney aren't usually too flash when they play there.

cheers.... it was just mentioned on the footy show. not happy jan!

If WC win tonight, which is looking likely, and Geelong beat Sydney and we beat GC (which will happen), then we'll play Sydney here (if we beat Melbourne) or at the SCG (if we lose to Melbourne). Thankyou WC!!

Geelong will beat Sydney, no doubt about it.

To be honest I think Geelong will have nothing to play for next week, either win or lose they play the Roos in Melbourne, every chance to rest players on previous history and Sydney big chance to win...

To be honest I think Geelong will have nothing to play for next week, either win or lose they play the Roos in Melbourne, every chance to rest players on previous history and Sydney big chance to win...
Venue plays a big part though - Geelong would be favorites at the MCG but North would have short odds at Etihad (their killing ground)

Venue plays a big part though - Geelong would be favorites at the MCG but North would have short odds at Etihad (their killing ground)

I was of the understanding even if a Geelong home final it will still be played at Etihad? Hawks/Pies at the G, Syd/Us Olympic Park/AAMI, West Coast/Freo Subi North/Geelong at Etihad?*

*Providing results go as i think they should/will.

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not think the Crows will win a final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back