News "I feel stuffed" - Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as I am aware, this is Goldy's preferred position.
He didn't want to share the ruck duties with Hamish last season and believes he can do it alone.[/

Sounds like a sour puss. Explains his shit form when hamish was in the team. Goldy gives his all when playing solo ruck but if the coach wants to play 2 ruckmen then goldy needs to continue to give his all otherwise he should be dropped.

you can't be expected to ruck a whole game by yourself, it will only hurt us.

People who are calling him sour or a pussy need to pull their heads in. Goldy is integral to this club and managing him is important for the team. We need to trial, Currie/Goldy combo because this is hurting us in the 2nd halves.

Goldie: "I feel stuffed".
When asked, 10 out of 10 afl players admitted exactly the same. #essendone players not involved.

If Bon isn't using Dish to give Goldie more of a chop out, is it because he thinks it hurts the forward line too much, or the ruck? Does that even make a difference? If he won't ruck Dish more and Goldie actually needs more rest, then simple thinking says Dish for Daw/Currie. But Dish is still the better fwd than Taz (I reckon Black is a lock), so long as we aren't playing a good team with a good defender. So it's complicated. Only thing I know for sure is I want to see more of Daw, i'm still not sold on Taz (mark above your head much?) and I don't want to see Dish go.

Goldie: "I feel stuffed".
When asked, 10 out of 10 afl players admitted exactly the same. #essendone players not involved.

If Bon isn't using Dish to give Goldie more of a chop out, is it because he thinks it hurts the forward line too much, or the ruck? Does that even make a difference? If he won't ruck Dish more and Goldie actually needs more rest, then simple thinking says Dish for Daw/Currie. But Dish is still the better fwd than Taz (I reckon Black is a lock), so long as we aren't playing a good team with a good defender. So it's complicated. Only thing I know for sure is I want to see more of Daw, i'm still not sold on Taz (mark above your head much?) and I don't want to see Dish go.

Agree about Daw he had 50 hit outs last week why the f isn't he in the team? I believe Daw offers more than Tarrant greater mobility better at ground level and can ruck. Would just love to hear the rationale for selections so I could really understand the factors taken into consideration. Hope Goldie holds up tomorrow night we have a win and Brad rests a few players against Melbourne like Swallow Goldie Drew

you can't be expected to ruck a whole game by yourself, it will only hurt us.

People who are calling him sour or a pussy need to pull their heads in. Goldy is integral to this club and managing him is important for the team. We need to trial, Currie/Goldy combo because this is hurting us in the 2nd halves.

No one is saying he is not an integral part to the team, but as scottywiper mentioned he wants to do it on his own, when clearly he struggles in the last qs and said himself, "stuffed"... Seems like either goldy dictates brad or brad just doesn't listen to his own players.

Did any of you clowns actually read the quotes? He answered a leading question admitting that he gets tired during games. No shit, Sherlock, he would have 21 team mates who are also tired. FFS, an AFL player leaves nothing out on the track. Stop the presses, there's the new headline.

As far as I am aware, this is Goldy's preferred position.
He didn't want to share the ruck duties with Hamish last season and believes he can do it alone.

Goldstein is to be told what happens, not the other way around.

Secondly, clearly he can't do it alone which is why he is non-factor in second halves which is a contributing factor to our fade outs.

Egga said:
I gave him 2 votes in last week's game thread.​

... my thinking is how does the team support Goldstein to the maximum he has...running him for 4 quarters week in and week out is not working and will bite us long term.

Gasometer, Apr 13, 2013 Edit Delete Report

Goldy is his own worst enemy. He needs to learn to work in tandem with another ruckman so that the team can benefit.

We're better off with two average ruckmen who can work with each other, and rest in other positions around the ground, than we are with one burnt out ruckman who can tap the ball effectively for three quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our reliance on Goldy, being our only genuine ruckman selected, has been a concern all year. The oppo know we'd be stuffed if he went down during a game, and against the Tiggers we all held our collective breath when he did. Recent opponents have worked him over bigtime. He does bloody well in light of that but, as reports have shown this week, we're suffering late in games with him operating with less energy.

Deadset some of you blokes are talking like we can put 25 blokes on the field.

You can't play 2 ruckmen and 3 tall forwards. We're top heavy as it is. We're not dropping Goldy, Drew or Black. That leaves Tarrant vs Daw vs Currie. Personally, I think the forward line functions a lot better with Taz in.

The best we can do is give Goldy the odd week off if he needs it. Annoying that the GWS game was so close to the bye.

Yeah? Well that's going well then. The bloke's being run into the ground and never receives a rest.

When would you have done it, Toes?

I haven't been seeing 'OUT: Goldstein' in the changes thread too often this year. A bit easier to rest blokes when the side's not playing a must win game every week.

Maybe the all the fitness guys don't think he needs a rest? Fair to say they're in a better position to comment than us.

Currie having injury niggles hasn't helped I guess. That graphic shown on OTC showed we have the least rotated big blokes in the league as well. By a mile in fact. Dunno mate but when Currie IS fit and firing, and Maj up and about, I'd have liked Goldy to receive some sort of relief. Be that a week off here or there or less time in the middle.

Deadset some of you blokes are talking like we can put 25 blokes on the field.

You can't play 2 ruckmen and 3 tall forwards. We're top heavy as it is. We're not dropping Goldy, Drew or Black. That leaves Tarrant vs Daw vs Currie. Personally, I think the forward line functions a lot better with Taz in.

The best we can do is give Goldy the odd week off if he needs it. Annoying that the GWS game was so close to the bye.

Exactly right! Goldy is most like most. He can go a whole game just like Cox could before NicNat came around. His superioty/freakness allows us to field another midfielder...a good thing...not a bad thing!!!

Yes the midfielders should play more game time but players like Ziebs and Cunnington will develop that soon enough.

Goldy to rest up forward and Petrie into the ruck, it's not rocket science.

Petrie isn't the best ruck man, but gives us a solid contest which is what we want from a 2nd ruck. Not to mention he will be good around the ground.

Goldy can clunk them in the forward line and his conversion is pretty reliable too.

There is an answer= Majak Daw! Isn't that why he is in the squad.....

Majak has to contribute when he is not relieving in the ruck. His ground skills leave a lot to be desired.

Remove this Banner Ad

News "I feel stuffed" - Goldstein

Remove this Banner Ad

Back