Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn't being a smart ass...fair dinkum you need to take a chill pill as well.

that’s a big call from a bloke who told me to **** off in this very thread two days ago

Nigel, what a fool! She lists her height on her Twitch bio! He fell for the oldest trick in the book!
Wouldn’t it be creepier if he was trawling her bio. Rather than what was probably an off the cuff remark in passing.

Sorry I thought you were trolling.

I did look up Robran but I'm still not 100% sure what his role at Adelaide is.

I’d suggest there’s a fair bit of that internally. Especially if we do spend the full footy cap, where does it go? We certainly save a lot of pennies on the key roles. If we do spend the full cap we’ve got people being way overpaid elsewhere or in roles that other clubs don’t deem necessary to have . Not singling out Robran, but maybe it’s as simple as that. Perhaps our philosophy is more average people is better than having a few high end performers. It would align with past selection and list philosophy and the reported flat salary structure. Teague was rumoured to have left after asking for more money and we wouldn’t or couldn’t pay.

I wonder if the review looked into this aspect or whether it was limited to how the dept operated and the workers within the structure. Not the structure itself and where the resources are deployed.

People like Ricciuto think they are the Adelaide Footy Club. They would prefer to reign over the ashes of our once proud club than see watch us succeed from the outside. As long as people like him and Rob Chapman oversee our club, we're doomed to eternal mediocrity.

Off the top of my head these are the former players working at our club.

https://www.afc.com.au/club/board

Board of Directors: Mark Ricciuto, Rod Jameson
COO: Nigel Smart

Forward Coach: Ben Hart
Midfield Coach: Michael Godden
Defence Coach: Brent Reilly
Ruck Coach: Matthew Clarke

Forwards Development Coach: Matt Wright

I don’t think it’s the number, it’s the experience they bring and their quality. And that outside of them, we don’t recruit highly respected experience from elsewhere. Returning players into roles are perfectly fine, as long as they’ve coached somewhere else of note first and weren’t moved on from their previous employer. The next issue is the people assessing their suitability, and that’s a major issue. How Burton could find himself head of footy is unbelievable.

People like Ricciuto think they are the Adelaide Footy Club. They would prefer to reign over the ashes of our once proud club than see watch us succeed from the outside. As long as people like him and Rob Chapman oversee our club, we're doomed to eternal mediocrity.

Off the top of my head these are the former players working at our club.

https://www.afc.com.au/club/board

Board of Directors: Mark Ricciuto, Rod Jameson
COO: Nigel Smart

Forward Coach: Ben Hart
Midfield Coach: Michael Godden
Defence Coach: Brent Reilly
Ruck Coach: Matthew Clarke

Forwards Development Coach: Matt Wright
Throw in:
McLeod - an assistant with the Women's team.
Modra - an ambassador or the like
Mark Bickley - club apologist

Does Andrew Crowell still do some media or did that cease with Footy Park?

Throw in:
McLeod - an assistant with the Women's team.
Modra - an ambassador or the like
Mark Bickley - club apologist

Does Andrew Crowell still do some media or did that cease with Footy Park?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tenor.gif

Can you make me a gif of the girl looking at her computer monitor, but instead of gaming, she’s watching highlights of Nigel Smart from the ‘97 Grand Final?
Watch this space

Between these 2 lines

This club really is the gift that keeps on giving to opposition teams.

Morality aside, surely he could have done this with a different account to his official account. As someone who is not on Twitter, nor ever has been, even I know this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Back