Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think you’re listening to me either. I understand it’s an unwanted side affect.

Again, was she fishing for 100’s of responses guessing her height, or was looking for 100’s of responses along the lines of ‘you look cute <heart>’ or ‘you must be a legend on twitch, I’m subscribing to your channel right now <thumbs up>’

If this was designed to only reach out to her suscribers, then It’s easy to speculate the sort of responses she was soliciting.

Anyway, I’m out.
I seriously doubt she'd even read the comments tbh. It's just a tool for audience engagement and some free advertising. You ask any twitch streamer and they'll tell you if they drop off the grid for even a moment, they lose subs and make less money. This is why the most successful ones stream everyday and have a constant social media presence.

I seriously doubt she'd even read the comments tbh. It's just a tool for audience engagement and some free advertising. You ask any twitch streamer and they'll tell you if they drop off the grid for even a moment, they lose subs and make less money. This is why the most successful ones stream everyday and have a constant social media presence.

I don't think anyone should be worried about the girl, it is purely a case of poor judgement from a Senior person at an organisation trying hard to change it's image.

I would never think of doing what he did from my twitter for three reasons:
1) I wouldn't lose my job but it would be a poor image and probably effect my professional reputation.
2) I know if my family or friends read it they would all think it was very creepy.
3) It just seems wrong.

Given his profile it was really stupid. He is lucky it has slipped under the radar a bit.

I don't think anyone should be worried about the girl, it is purely a case of poor judgement from a Senior person at an organisation trying hard to change it's image.

1) I wouldn't lose my job but it would be a poor image and probably effect my professional reputation.
2) I know if my family or friends read it they would all think it was very creepy.
3) It just seems wrong.

Given his profile it was really stupid. He is lucky it has slipped under the radar a bit.
Yep as I said it would be water off a ducks back for her. It's Smart who's the issue here. His surname is false advertising. He's clearly a dunce.

3) It just seems wrong.

Honestly, it's his wife I feel the most sorry for.

As a still sort of young, single female, I could tell you a lot of very sad stories, it’s actually depressing and puts me off getting into another relationship...But anyway, that’s off topic

This tweet is beyond stupid, ignoring the creepy old man comment, how, after several years in a high profile position you can not know that is inappropriate, or has potential to be picked up and blasted all over the media, ESPECIALLY when the club is already getting so much negative attention, is beyond ignorant.

There are no words.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’ve got 3, from Nige himself.

1589172841130.gif

3) It just seems wrong.

Yes good thing we created a much bigger crisis for everyone else to focus on

Smart also referred to us as customers and was behind the state guernsey disaster. He should've been given the flick over 5 years ago yet still holds a position. How can anyone argue that this is not a boy's club more interested in backing up their mates instead of genuinely caring about the club?
Interesting thread this. It would be boys' club would it not? Anyway, Smart should have known better; this is the stuff of teens and early twenties men isn't it? It surprises me, but it isn't just Adelaide that has these sorts of issues. All clubs have them. Stability is what Adelaide needs now IMO and clearing out the whole place is not the way to do it. Whoever the AC was who encouraged the training fiasco really ought to fall on his sword. Good luck for the season ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thread this. It would be boys' club would it not? Anyway, Smart should have known better; this is the stuff of teens and early twenties men isn't it? It surprises me, but it isn't just Adelaide that has these sorts of issues. All clubs have them. Stability is what Adelaide needs now IMO and clearing out the whole place is not the way to do it. Whoever the AC was who encouraged the training fiasco really ought to fall on his sword. Good luck for the season ahead.
Stability is only useful if in a good place. Keeping the current rolling fiasco of lurching from one debacle to another is not the good sort of stability.

I'm sick of opposition supporters coming on here defending our club.

Last edited:
As a still sort of young, single female, I could tell you a lot of very sad stories, it’s actually depressing and puts me off getting into another relationship...But anyway, that’s off topic

This tweet is beyond stupid, ignoring the creepy old man comment, how, after several years in a high profile position you can not know that is inappropriate, or has potential to be picked up and blasted all over the media, ESPECIALLY when the club is already getting so much negative attention, is beyond ignorant.

There are no words.

There is a fine line for women between nice/cheeky and creep.
Some guys just dont know the line, or have yet to be told about.
Hitting a girls inbox with "hey you look hot, want to hook up?" isn't going to get you laid.
Now Nigel didn't do that, but he either needs to get an alt Twitter account to do such things, or stop doing them.

Yep. Not entirely their fault though, if they went through an "interview and vetting" process they would never be employed in the first place.
Spot on.
Forgot Burton as well. Total failure at Brisbane, becomes head of football at Adelaide within 3years.
Crazy stuff.

There are two things with Nigels tweet.
It looks poor coming from a board member after our club has gone through so much BS.
It reflects on the club in a poor way, and with the AFL going overboard in sacking staff because they had affairs with women that worked at the AFL, who knows what the AFL and the media heads like Caro will do with it? Its stupid and shows poor judgement. Only an idiot in his position thought that reply wouldn't look bad.

The other is from a personal point of view, but he will have to answer to his wife about that.

There are two things with Nigels tweet.
It looks poor coming from a board member after our club has gone through so much BS.
It reflects on the club in a poor way, and with the AFL going overboard in sacking staff because they had affairs with women that worked at the AFL, who knows what the AFL and the media heads like Caro will do with it? Its stupid and shows poor judgement. Only an idiot in his position thought that reply wouldn't look bad.

The other is from a personal point of view, but he will have to answer to his wife about that.
I know which one is scarier

There is a fine line for women between nice/cheeky and creep.
Some guys just dont know the line, or have yet to be told about.
Hitting a girls inbox with "hey you look hot, want to hook up?" isn't going to get you laid.
Now Nigel didn't do that, but he either needs to get an alt Twitter account to do such things, or stop doing them.

Oh, creepy messages over the internet are the least of the problems we deal with!

The bigger issue here is the fact he did this from his personal account when he has such a high profile position and is a well known figure. It’s just unprofessional, I couldn’t fathom an executive from my workplace doing something like that without repercussions and they would be unknown to the majority of the public.

Like everyone has said, get a pseudonym account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Back