ICC World Twenty20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the Ireland-Zimbabwe stream on in the background, Porterfield and Stirling looked a class above, but it all just changed so quickly.

Like others have said, the crowd was very impressive for a game essentially between two associate nations.

Had the Ireland-Zimbabwe stream on in the background, Porterfield and Stirling looked a class above, but it all just changed so quickly.

Like others have said, the crowd was very impressive for a game essentially between two associate nations.

Dockrell was also very good I thought.

Will probably be bowling for England in the near future

Good to see Tommy Cooper play a good game for the Netherlandians.

I see on the T20 world cup site, that the sheilas comp is also on atm... why isnt this on TV?

Good to see Tommy Cooper play a good game for the Netherlandians.

I see on the T20 world cup site, that the sheilas comp is also on atm... why isnt this on TV?

Yes, the Netherlands mgt probaly feel quietly alright about screwing the other player around. Can't blame them really. Winning is the best publicity.

Arguably the two strongest associate sides going around though.

Anyone willing to have a crack at an associate All - Star XI?

Let's have a go

William Porterfield (captain)
Tamin Iqbal
Enamul Haque
Brendan Taylor (wicketkeeper)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Kevin O'Brien
Hamilton Masakadaza
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Tim Van Der Guugten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id much rather be in Group A than Group B
Group A is full of nobodies - Nepal, Afghanistan, Hong Kong and Bangladesh... Bangladesh being the only test playing nation should go through easily one would expect.
Group B though - Netherlands, Ireland, Zimbabwe, UAE... IIRC (which i probably dont) but in shorter forms of the game, Ireland and Netherlands have been surprise packets at the 50/50 WC before, and Zimababwe with their experience... much tougher group to be in.

side note... where is Canada? They have played some good 50/50 cricket at world cups in the past... are they just shit at T20?

Anyone willing to have a crack at an associate All - Star XI?

Let's have a go

William Porterfield (captain)
Tamin Iqbal
Enamul Haque
Brendan Taylor (wicketkeeper)
Mushfiqur Rahim
Shakib Al Hasan
Kevin O'Brien
Hamilton Masakadaza
Mahmudullah
Mashrafe Mortaza
Tim Van Der Guugten