If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt this Richmond group is one of the greatest teams of all time, and it may well continue next year.

But there have been others also great, Collingwood 4 in a row, Cats, Hawks, Brisbane were amazing and Melbourne in the 60s perhaps the greatest so far.

Things can change very quickly in our game, so enjoy the Tigers fine achievements because someone else will emerge sooner than you think.

It was a fantastic achievement, but by the end of it I was getting a little over the mayo slathered on every mention of this by the various commentary teams.

To what degree is it "on the road" when you have 2 flights (there and back) in 3 months, and every team is doing the same?
How much of a home ground advantage is the other team getting if you've played the last 3-4 games at the same ground?

Yeh whilst you hardly travelled and had all the familiarity for an easy run into the granny. You know the rest...is someone going to clean your soiled sheets.
‘And you won’t get the gifted run again next year. lol.

You're right - it will be back to normal where Richmond get the gifted run

You're right - it will be back to normal where Richmond get the gifted run
Fingers crossed, imagine the salt mine.
I don't think "softness" has anything to do with any of Port's failing this year, or over the past 2-3 years.

If anything, they're too one-dimensional, with nearly every player being a hard, selfless workhorse type.
Neither do I. Exhibit A. Ebert.
Just hanging shit.

It was a fantastic achievement, but by the end of it I was getting a little over the mayo slathered on every mention of this by the various commentary teams.

To what degree is it "on the road" when you have 2 flights (there and back) in 3 months, and every team is doing the same?
How much of a home ground advantage is the other team getting if you've played the last 3-4 games at the same ground?
It is true our GF opponent faced similar adversity to us. We only played 3 games at the Gabba for the season prior to the GF and the most recent was 3 weeks beforehand, not 3-4 in a row prior to the GF, but I believe the HGA either way would've been negligible regardless so its a moot point.

So I don't think our GF win was notably special - good to come from behind and beat a quality opposition but not above any other GF. But it was the journey to the GF (and this applies to Geelong too) that was something else. Especially when the two biggest challengers to Richmond and Geelong were two of the least disrupted teams in the season. For both the teams to live in hubs for over 100 days, and then knock off teams running fairly normal schedules in preliminary finals on those teams' home deck? Incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo and West Coast relocated their entire football departments three times during the season. Didn’t Richmond just settle into a hub and stay there for the remainder of the season?
Darwin then Adelaide 4 days later , but hey they stayed at the same place

Can you mob seriously not go a week without needing to start another thread to validate your belief in how great you are? Bath water must taste pretty good hey?

I particularly noticed how great it was when you beat Freo ‘on the road’ at Metricon... how many other of those games were against fellow travelling teams?

I bet you would love to have some bath water to drink....;)

The earth is flat.

Was the margin of victory more than a goal or not.

If the answer is no, which it is, then by virtue of how the concept of results and margins work, the lost by a kick.

The result of ‘lost’ would have been changed, at the end of regular allocated time, had they kicked one more goal.

No conspiracy here, just a simple fact.

Was the margin of victory more than a goal or not.

If the answer is no, which it is, then by virtue of how the concept of results and margins work, the lost by a kick.

The result of ‘lost’ would have been changed, at the end of regular allocated time, had they kicked one more goal.

No conspiracy here, just a simple fact.
Results and margins are treated differently in finals as compared to the home and away season. As an aside, the margin was made up of six additional behinds.

Remove this Banner Ad

If 7 straight games at the MCG leading into finals is an advantage....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back