I'm disgusted. What a disgraceful club we have become.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
26 player's to choose from, the minimum. Always was a game the Eagles would loose. I think though changes should have been made earlier. Gibney is tired, perhaps they should have moved him back. Cully perhaps should have gone to Cripps who was doing as he pleased. Was never going to compete in the backline when being pantsed in the midfield.
Athletes Foot Filmmaladies GIF
Party GIF

Then do something about the medical department but last I looked the injury list was large last year also and Geelong has an older team with less injuries
Uhh. Chief. They did. Any other wise ideas or are you just gonna start folding the club now ?

I've been incredibly critical of Simmo since our flag but seriously, what are people expecting? Our current injury list would decimate any of the contending sides and our list in general isn't even that flash.

Try to find positives in the season like the young players that have shown something and some of the effort we've seen this season (which trumps anything we did for a majority of last year).

Eventually Simmo will be gone, likely Nissy too and our club will be a contender again. For the timebeing you need to either look for silver linings or switch off for a season. Half of our salary cap is in the rehab group and even when they get back they'll be shithouse, fitness-wise.

There's going to be more floggings in 2023, no doubt 10 goals plus and potentially 100 point blowouts like tonight. The state of our list/injury list means there's currently sore players that unfortunately have to play, there's no pressure from the ressies and any WAFL development is non-existent. That's just the reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure we've never had one on this board, right? No thanks.
And while the team and I breathe mod air, there never will

Pretty sure we've never had one on this board, right? No thanks.
Pretty sure we dont even need this thread TBH. I get we are hurting right now but we arent the sh*thouse mob up the road with their perpetual "Vent Thread" that gives us all a giggle (and yes, Freo lurkers, we do go in there and we do laugh at you for it).

Get it all out in the autopsy thread so we can leave it in the past, and focus on next week.

What sort of contract and how many years did we give,
That stupid club song?

No rules about not delisting that mid season.

Can't do much about the playing list during the season (MSD won't help a lot but weight get someone close to Culley level of we look hard enough).

Club song and some personnel can be changed asap.

Pretty sure we dont even need this thread TBH. I get we are hurting right now but we arent the sh*thouse mob up the road with their perpetual "Vent Thread" that gives us all a giggle.

Get it all out in the autopsy thread so we can leave it in the past, and focus on next week.

^

What I was getting at, having this kind of thread feels like a certain ventilation thread elsewhere.

Just like the no oppo supporters tag: Don't need it. Don't want it.

^

What I was getting at, having this kind of thread feels like a certain ventilation thread elsewhere.

Just like the no oppo supporters tag: Don't need it. Don't want it.
It won’t go on that long

That stupid club song?

Can't do much about the playing list during the season (MSD won't help a lot but weight get someone close to Culley level of we look hard enough).

Now this is something I can get on board with

That stupid club song?

If/when we win another game this year we can just play the Benny Hill theme on loop for a while to taunt the oppo.

Where's the heart. Where's the spirit.

Never in our entire existence have we been so pathetic. The club needs to hold its head in shame. The coach needs to be replaced. Simmo you had your chance but your done.

The board need to be removed and replaced. Nisbett you been hanging around for too long. It's time to stand down so we can get a president that will actually do what's required. A review urgently needs to be done across the entire club.

West Coast Eagles what was once a great club that pride itself on being a winning successful club has become such a irrelevant spineless laughing stock of this entire comp.

How the hell can our players and staff go out there week after week thinking this is acceptable. No excuses. It's time for a complete change in management starting with our board and president. Nisbett it's time to retire if you can't do the right thing and sack Simmo
Nisbett isn't the president.

I said pre season we needed to win one or both of our first two games because we have an eight game stretch where we will lose and it seems I was right there. Thankfully GWS were banged up playing in 40+ degree heat in round 1 otherwise we'd be winless right now.

I still think we'll win a handful of games in the second half of the season, we'll finish above Hawks and North at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back