Ins and Outs against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard this week.

I would drop Tuck, Murphy or Stokes (I want to see him play though) and bring in Crawf, Young, Dew/McGlynn.

Im not sure what will happen, will be interesting to see what they do. Would like Stokes to stay no matter what though.

I don't think anyone will be omitted from this weeks team. The only changes that will be made will be forced ones due to injury (Ozzie). The only ones that would be considered would be Tuck- Who i thought got in and under and played well, Murphy- Thought he did a pretty good job on geelongs forwards and Stokes- who's tackling and forward line pressure is just what we need. Also i agree Laddo will never be drop he is very needed.
Although we do need Youngy's run, and dew and crawfs experience if they arn't ready and no-one has deserved to be dropped i say no change.

Hard this week.

I would drop Tuck, Murphy or Stokes (I want to see him play though) and bring in Crawf, Young, Dew/McGlynn.

Im not sure what will happen, will be interesting to see what they do. Would like Stokes to stay no matter what though.
Definately would'nt drop murphy pretty solid game in my opinion.

Wouldnt bring Crawf back just yet. If he does come back its Jeff behnd the scenes wanting to give Tassie something else (300th).

In: Dew, Young
Out: Stokes (unlucky),Tuck (very very unlucky, really good in close this week).

I'm no fan of Timmy Clarke, but don't be surprised if he comes in to play a negating role on Heath Shaw. Whenever Shaw is kept out of the game, Collingwood struggle.

Excellent point this.

However, I'd probably send Brown back to defence and play Murphy up forward in a negating role on Shaw. Or Brown could potentially stay up forward and do the defensive role himself.

It's about bloody time we did becuase he is crap, I honestly don't know what half the people on these boards see in him..

Geez he has looked ordinary lately hasn't he.
I don't see why people want little stokesy replaced 8 or 9 tackles adds a hell of a lot to the team.
I actually really loved the forward set up when we had Roughie and Buddy with Ossie Cyril Stokes and Brown, two massive units and a bunch of quick hard tackling little guys

tuck out
no use winning contested possessions if you hand the ball back to the opposition when you butcher the ball. even does at bhh

stokes stays
tackles, forward pressure, something that has been lacking for serveral weeks

clark in
must be used as a tagger. he needs to get practice now so he tag the guns in september

whitecross must be considered
like the look of him at bhh. good skills. suits the team game plan

crawford to play round 19 & 21 then finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to get some games into Dew before finals, thats partly why we got him.

Would much rather Dew in the side than a first/second year player (excluding Rioli).

I don't think McGlynn should come straight back in. He's only played one half of VFL football in about two months. If Crawf comes up, I'd say we may see:

In
Crawf

Out
Osborne (Injured - btw does anyone know how serious a corked buttock is? Sounds painful)

I don't think McGlynn should come straight back in. He's only played one half of VFL football in about two months. If Crawf comes up, I'd say we may see:

In
Crawf

Out
Osborne (Injured - btw does anyone know how serious a corked buttock is? Sounds painful)

It's not so much the pain of the cork, but the mess after you take the cork out. :D

Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Please, try the steak tartar.

I gotta say the couple of people beating on Ladson obviously have been watching different games to the ones i see. He rarely has a bad game and i'm sure does the role given to him by Clarko every week, and does it well. I'd like stokes to stay for the inside forward 50 pressure. Young or Dew in for Ozzie. That is all i'd like to see changed.

All I can say is that its good to finally have close to a full list to pick from for the first time this year.

I would be wary about bringing too many underdone players back in at once and personally would like to see them staggereg a little bit (we still have to win 2 games to sew up top 3).

In Young/Dew
Out Tuck (Stokes as a tackler in the forward line will be invaluable this week)

There is no way young Stokes will be left out of the 22. Clarko and his honchos are not going to signal that he was just used as gap-filler.

Cam is an emerging jewel-in-the-crown of the club - in simular vein as is his Darwin mate, Cyril.

It's a nice dilemma Clarko has in whom does he omit but Stokes is not a part of that problem.

And who do you think my tip is as a monty to return to the team?

I gotta say the couple of people beating on Ladson obviously have been watching different games to the ones i see. He rarely has a bad game and I'm sure does the role given to him by Clarko every week, and does it well. I'd like stokes to stay for the inside forward 50 pressure. Young or Dew in for Ozzie. That is all i'd like to see changed.
Same Laddo want be dropped for what i ask?
Would like to see Dew in & Crawford wouldn't be dropping Stokes his defensive pressure is great Stokes & Junior in our forward line love their tackling pressure!
Will Brown play forward again?

First off I don't think anybody deserves to get dropped after that game. But here are my thoughts on all the names being thrown around at the moment:

Osborne: tough as hell, but I think we've got the depth to leave half injured players out of the side until they've recovered.

Stokes: he was there to lay tackles and he did it like a pro. We have to attribute some of rioli's great game to stokes ability to carry a lot of the defensive work load.

Tuck: His clearance work in the first half was EXCEPTIONAL. Has butchered the ball two weeks in a row unfortunately so he may be the first to leave.

Murphy: does not deserve to be dropped. Collingwood have 14 small forwards and Murphy does a good job on small forward types. He'll be a definite this week.

Ladson: I don't know his role, I don't understand his value to the team but it's apparent that he's highly rated. Get's a lot of lock-down/run with jobs of which we probably don't see the results.

Crawf: God knows what's going on with this guy - straight in if fit.

Young: according to his 'young at heart' article this injury shouldn't keep him out for too long. Seems an automatic selection as well.

Dew: we really need to get some game time into this fella before the finals,

Whitecross: nope. Too raw. We've got Crawf, Dew, McGlynn, Morton, Young all ahead of him, despite his solid year at BH.

Dowler: Forward line is fine. Same as Whitecross, too many in front of him at this stage.

McGlynn: seems to be a definite in our best 22 (another clarko favourite) but also tends to be given games at box hill before the seniors, can't see an immediate call up for this guy.

We usually keep changes to a minimum and guys NEVER get dropped after just one game.

My guess:

Out: Osborne (inj.) Tuck
In: Young, Crawford/Dew.

However, I'll say that with the caveat that bringing in 2 outsides and taking out 2 tough nut types might be bad for team balance.

Same Laddo want be dropped for what i ask?
Would like to see Dew in & Crawford wouldn't be dropping Stokes his defensive pressure is great Stokes & Junior in our forward line love their tackling pressure!
Will Brown play forward again?
Lado being dropped? LOL thats ridiculous.
If Crawf comes in it should be ossie if he doesn't get up or straight for Tuck.
Keep stokes in the defensive pressure we have missed.
Browny we know it works with him up forward but play him in the back. Pinch hit up forward if need be.

Ossie looked in a fair bit of pain. Pity the buggar when he cooled down. Ossie out, Dowler in to stretch the undersized pies.

Crawf on the radio this morning reckons he is playing. Tucky will probably get the bullet. I would be keen on keeping Tucky.

If Dew comes in he would be taking the place of Goo or Birch. I dont believe you can play all three. None of them can defend.

First off I don't think anybody deserves to get dropped after that game. But here are my thoughts on all the names being thrown around at the moment:

Osborne: tough as hell, but I think we've got the depth to leave half injured players out of the side until they've recovered.

Stokes: he was there to lay tackles and he did it like a pro. We have to attribute some of rioli's great game to stokes ability to carry a lot of the defensive work load.

Tuck: His clearance work in the first half was EXCEPTIONAL. Has butchered the ball two weeks in a row unfortunately so he may be the first to leave.

Murphy: does not deserve to be dropped. Collingwood have 14 small forwards and Murphy does a good job on small forward types. He'll be a definite this week.

Ladson: I don't know his role, I don't understand his value to the team but it's apparent that he's highly rated. Get's a lot of lock-down/run with jobs of which we probably don't see the results.

Crawf: God knows what's going on with this guy - straight in if fit.

Young: according to his 'young at heart' article this injury shouldn't keep him out for too long. Seems an automatic selection as well.

Dew: we really need to get some game time into this fella before the finals,

Whitecross: nope. Too raw. We've got Crawf, Dew, McGlynn, Morton, Young all ahead of him, despite his solid year at BH.

Dowler: Forward line is fine. Same as Whitecross, too many in front of him at this stage.

McGlynn: seems to be a definite in our best 22 (another clarko favourite) but also tends to be given games at box hill before the seniors, can't see an immediate call up for this guy.

We usually keep changes to a minimum and guys NEVER get dropped after just one game.

My guess:

Out: Osborne (inj.) Tuck
In: Young, Crawford/Dew.

However, I'll say that with the caveat that bringing in 2 outsides and taking out 2 tough nut types might be bad for team balance.

I actually think if we bring in Young and Crawford in would be a very good move. We need run and speed. If you watched the Collingwood Vs Essendon game, pace and speed was the main factor for Collingwood loosing. This game is a very important game for us, Clarko should include the most expereince players on the ground. If Dew is ready then he should play too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs against Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back