Ins and Outs for Round 15 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where the guy who usually puts these up has been, but I haven't seen one yet so I thought I'd make one.

After a win last week, keep it simple. Don't mess too much with a winning formula.

Outs: Meyer (hasn't done much yet, give him another run in the SANFL to work his way up), Chaplin (if he gets off which I think he will then Thurstans makes way for Pettigrew instead)
Ins: Broadbent (deserves his spot more than Meyer at the moment, but not an urgent change, if Meyer stays in I wouldn't be too disappointed), Pettigrew (IMO we need three talls in defence, and Pettigrew's mobility will be valuable against the type of talls Melbourne has)

Even if Chad passes his fitness test, give him another week off to get fully right (although I'd love him back for Dream Team purposes). Sorry to any Melbourne fans reading this but we probably won't need him for this one now that you've 'won it for Jimmy'. Now watch us lose after I just made this comment ;).

I also wouldn't mind seeing Lade getting a rest (don't even play him in the SANFL, just rest him, his old legs would surely benefit from it) and giving Lobbe a quick taste of the action against the Dees. The MCG is surely a great place to make your debut, plus he'd probably be rucking against a team with Jamar as the No. 1 ruckman and TBH if I was 2 metres tall I think I could take Jamar. Then (unless Lobbe plays a blinder) bring Lade back in for the Eagles game, as I don't think playing Lobbe against Cox would help his development at this stage.

Out: Logan, Lade (omit.), Chaplin (susp.)

In: Lower, Giles/Lobbe, Broadbent/Pettigrew

The reports on FSN about Chad coming back two weeks early shit me. No offence to the Dees, but we're playing the Dees. Bank the extra week's rehab Stud.

Out: Chaplin

In: Broadbent

Carlile and (god forbid) Thruster can hold down the back line, like DT no offence to Melbourne but it's not like they have a tall imposing forward line. This would be the perfect game to slot Broadbent in for his debut, keep Chad on ice until West Coast.

I think it will probably be something like:

IN: Pettigrew, Chad
OUT: Chaplin, Meyer

Would like Giles/Lobbe &/or Broadbent to get a run though.

going out : Chapy(being offered 2 match ban which is too harsh)
Meyer(didn't play badly but probably others that can make
more of a contribution)

bring in : Pettigrew(deserves another chance)
Broadbent(good game for a debut, sorry dees)

And no need to rush chad back in make sure hes right

Please play your best side possible! We need you to beat us as we're only 3 wins away from blowing a draft pick, and we play rubbish sides in North, Freo and Richmond at the G'.

I hope the 'good' Port Adelaide turn up.

Please beat us!!!

everyones sounding very confident.. drop Lade, keep Chad out.. the Demons will fly up our nose and eat us alive from the inside should the players have this lax attitude! One week at a time.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

everyones sounding very confident.. drop Lade, keep Chad out.. the Demons will fly up our nose and eat us alive from the inside should the players have this lax attitude! One week at a time.....
Exactly.

What short memories people have. Back in round 2 we were off to Perth to celebrate four milestone games. We were only playing West Coast so a win was a given and an annoying interruption to the celebrations. We were never in that game and lost by 50 points. :mad:

Now who beat West Coast at the MCG on Saturday?

ah aH AH... CHOO !

Out: Chaplin, Logan, Lade
In: Pettigrew, Broadbent, Giles

OT, but on the "don't play Giles *or* Lobbe Vs Cox" theme... maybe one of those skinny kids can just *run with* Cox and mostly negate him around the ground after taps. Yes I don't understand anyone's aerobic capacity :) They could still learn a bit chasing him around the ground though... if the lungs are up to it.

Alternative: Lower instead of Pettigrew... if that happened I can see it in two ways, one as a deserved reward for Lower's SANFL form, more cynical view is Demons at the G is best stage to showoff Lower to North as trade bait... for a 3rd round pick... or a Levi Greenwood... or part of a Macintosh trade.

In: Broadbent, Lobbe or Giles
Out: Chappy, Meyer.

I would like to see Lade drop back and fill Chappy's role also getting Lade to run off his oppenent to create the extra man up forward, and bring in another tall like Giles or Lobbe to get some experience.

I would also like to see Broadbent get a game, another fresh face and talent to put more pressure on the senior players for selection.

I think we should keep Logan in. Anyone who thinks we don't need him for match ups obviously isn't aware of young gun Jack Grimes's effort on the weekend.

Surely that role can be fulfilled by davenport, carr, surjan or even broadbent and lower if they're named.

Surely that role can be fulfilled by davenport, carr, surjan or even broadbent and lower if they're named.

Dav or Carr maybe, but I don't think we'd play Surj in the forward line and Logan is a far better option than Lower. Logan has proven himself as a good forward tagger who can bob up with a goal or two himself, Lower hasn't proven himself to be anything but a half-decent depth player. I haven't actually seen much of Broadbent, most of my knowledge of him comes from the club's SANFL player reports, but as far as I'm aware he's never played in the forward line either.

PAFC04 said:
I would like to see Lade drop back and fill Chappy's role also getting Lade to run off his oppenent to create the extra man up forward, and bring in another tall like Giles or Lobbe to get some experience.

Hell no. Lade couldn't run off a guy in a wheelchair at the moment. Carlile and Thurstans will struggle enough for mobility against Melbourne's tall forwards Bate and Jurrah, Lade would probably get five kicked on him by either of them.

I'd like;

IN: Chad Cornes, Broadbent
OUT: Chaplin (susp.), Meyer

So;

B: Alipate Carlile, Toby Thurstans, Jacob Surjan
HB: Nathan Krakouer, Chad Cornes, Peter Burgoyne
C: Steven Salopek, Dom Cassisi, Tom Logan
HF: Robert Gray, Warren Tredrea, David Rodan
F: Brett Ebert, Brendon Lade, Justin Westhoff
Foll: Dean Brogan, Kane Cornes, Danyle Pearce
I/C: Josh Carr, Jason Davenport, Matthew Broadbent, Paul Stewart

Out: Logan, Lade (omit.), Chaplin (susp.)

In: Lower, Giles/Lobbe, Broadbent/Pettigrew

The reports on FSN about Chad coming back two weeks early shit me. No offence to the Dees, but we're playing the Dees. Bank the extra week's rehab Stud.

The "it's only melbourne" attitude is the last thing we need to put into our players heads... For the rest of the year we need to focus on consistency, and belting teams like melbourne at every opportunity we get, seeing as percentage could be playing a major role come round 22. That kind of attitude where we get way ahead of ourselves after 1 or 2 good games is what has seen us humiliated so many times this year (West Coast Rnd 2).

I'd like to see very few changes to the winning side.

Out:Chaplin (susp.) In:Chad Cornes

The "it's only melbourne" attitude is the last thing we need to put into our players heads... For the rest of the year we need to focus on consistency, and belting teams like melbourne at every opportunity we get, seeing as percentage could be playing a major role come round 22. That kind of attitude where we get way ahead of ourselves after 1 or 2 good games is what has seen us humiliated so many times this year (West Coast Rnd 2).

I'd like to see very few changes to the winning side.

Out:Chaplin (susp.) In:Chad Cornes
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Ins and Outs for Round 15 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back