Irish crying continues with calls to scrap the series

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoop said:
Mikes4, there have been talks about playing at least one test outside of Dublin. There was a strong possibility of playing one test in Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork: 43,500 capacity. Our fourth biggest stadium here.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/ireland.shtml

With Croke Park, obviously, the capacity is the main draw there, and Dublin is more centralized than Cork - 'easier access' to get there for the majority of the GAA fans.

There isn't a hope of a game being played in Pairc Ui Caoimh. Its a dive and a kip of the highest order. Don't think our aussie friends would take too kindly to water running down the walls while their togging out or the prehistoric showering facilities. Only hope of a game outside Dublin is in the Gaelic Grounds, Limerick Semple Stadium, Thurles or Casement Park which I understand the AFL delegates had a look at last year with a view to playing a test next year there.

Bloodz said:
Johnsons act was a cowardly act of thuggery compounded by his gutless lie that he was just "clumsy"
He let a nation down and disgraced himself and his family

And I apologize to the Irish on behalf of all Australians, including the brainless yobbos that cant bring themselves to do it because they lack the moral fibre to be men of goodwill

Who appointed you Minister for Apologies and spokesman for the nation?

I didn't vote for you, you pompous git.

You've "contribited" a hundred plus posts to Bigfooty and I can't reacall one single one of them that hasn't had some reference to nasty old Chris Johnson.

Do you have any other subject in your arsenal or are you simply a one-dimensional troll?

luthor said:
Who appointed you Minister for Apologies and spokesman for the nation?

I didn't vote for you, you pompous git.

You've "contribited" a hundred plus posts to Bigfooty and I can't reacall one single one of them that hasn't had some reference to nasty old Chris Johnson.

Do you have any other subject in your arsenal or are you simply a one-dimensional troll?
At the risk of repeating myself, i posted a rundown of what is happening at each and every club in the AFL this morning, so in future before you shoot your mouth off you should remove your foot from it first

luthor said:
You should know about extremes.

You have only one subject to discuss and you've shoved it down everyone's throats over a hundred times.
Neatly sidesteps the fact that he was wrong and much like Johnson cant find it in himself to offer an honest apology

Let It Long, well, Pairc Ui Caoimh was the strongest alternative to Croke Park. I agree - it's not up to standard. But I do think it was only being suggested as an alternative as it's located in Ireland's second biggest city.

Heard about Casement Park being touted, too, but not on the same scale as Pairc Ui Caoimh due to the safety concerns at hand for the fans.

DazzlerDavey said:
If this isnt irony, I dont know what is.

Bugger off, troll.
If you feel the need to support cowardice and thuggery that is your right in a democracy, but dont whine when you are it's victim if you have never stood against it

Bloodz said:
At the risk of repeating myself, i posted a rundown of what is happening at each and every club in the AFL this morning, so in future before you shoot your mouth off you should remove your foot from it first

Well bully for you....that's a grand total of ONE

If you actually read what I posted, I didn't say you had never posted on any other subject.

What I said was, I couldn't recall you contributing anything else.

Guees that dead horse you've been flogging was getting a little tired eh?

luthor said:
Well bully for you....that's a grand total of ONE

If you actually read what I posted, I didn't say you had never posted on any other subject.

What I said was, I couldn't recall you contributing anything else.

Guees that dead horse you've been flogging was getting a little tired eh?
You are laughable, if you supported one of the other 15 clubs you'd be calling for his head... you aint kidding anyone, you traded honour for player loyalty... in short you are a cop out

Bloodz said:
If you feel the need to support cowardice and thuggery that is your right in a democracy, but dont whine when you are it's victim if you have never stood against it

What do you mean, I dont support you.

Johnson has always been a role model player, you're not fit to lick his bootstraps, let alone think you have any right to critisize him. Is it because he is aboriginal, is that why you're doing this?

I felt Johnson should have got some sort of penalty for striking, but thats it, anything else you see is a product of your own twisted imagination, and seriously, no-one can help you there.

How are you going to be once AFL season starts up again, you're going to have a coronary.

Bloodz said:
Neatly sidesteps the fact that he was wrong and much like Johnson cant find it in himself to offer an honest apology

Neatly sidesteps the fact that he is a pompous git for being the self-appointed apologist for the entire population of Australia.

On the subject of apologies, why would I, you or anyone else, feel the compulsion to go to print with copious requests for forgiveness when Johnson himself issued a succint and sincere statement apologising for the incident in question.?

Your continued carping and harping on what has already been dealt with more than adequately, is an indication of an obsessive personality.

See a psychiatrist before it's too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloodz said:
You are laughable, if you supported one of the other 15 clubs you'd be calling for his head... you aint kidding anyone, you traded honour for player loyalty... in short you are a cop out
Where does that leave people such as myself who criticised Johnson's actions during the game but who accept that his apology was sincere yet do not support Brisbane? Where does it leave the Irish posters here who have accepted his apology? :cool:

Toots Hibbert said:
Where does that leave people such as myself who criticised Johnson's actions during the game but who accept that his apology was sincere yet do not support Brisbane? Where does it leave the Irish posters here who have accepted his apology? :cool:

In Bloodz' world of "black and white", there is no concept of condemning the action while not condemning the man.

For the record, I believe that Johnson's actions were stupid and over the top, that a send off was warranted and that the suspension penalty was appropriate.

I also believe that the statement of apology was sincere and should be taken at face value.

It'll be interesting to see if you get any sort of cogent response from our mate.

I doubt it.

Lads, just going ever so slightly off subject; for any of you who seen Jim Stynes play, could you please give a brief synopsis of him as a player.

Never read/heard an account of him from a 'proper' AFL fan, just some titbits mainly from our own media.

Cheers.

Hoop said:
Lads, just going ever so slightly off subject; for any of you who seen Jim Stynes play, could you please give a brief synopsis of him as a player.

Never read/heard an account of him from a 'proper' AFL fan, just some titbits mainly from our own media.

Cheers.

A big fit mobile ruckman who always contested well the ball in the air - either outmarking his opponents or making sure they didn't. Very good with his body in pushing aside tall opponents to tap the ball down to his team's (Melbourne Demons) smaller players.

A good long straight kick, though from memory not great with the snaps or getting the ball super-quick onto his boot and that may reflect his not kicking the oval ball till so late in his development. When one thinks of Tadgh Kennelly's long straight fluid kicking style - something similar and may be something in the transition that leads to that.

Stynes was just super fit and could run his opponents off their feet by the later stages of every match.

A great bloke off the field from all the news coverage I ever read, with a strong interest in charity work.

Toots Hibbert said:
Where does that leave people such as myself who criticised Johnson's actions during the game but who accept that his apology was sincere yet do not support Brisbane? :cool:
It should leave you embarrassed that you believed his so called "apology" when he called it a "clumsy accident"... I mean is he so delusional as to think we would swallow that crap? I've never seen a more deliberate and intentional coat hanger, to feign innocent clumsiness is another scary little peek into the cowards psyche and when it is all said and done, insults the intelligence of every football fan

luthor said:
In Bloodz' world of "black and white", there is no concept of condemning the action while not condemning the man.

For the record, I believe that Johnson's actions were stupid and over the top, that a send off was warranted and that the suspension penalty was appropriate.

I also believe that the statement of apology was sincere and should be taken at face value.

I doubt it.
You know yourself it was intentional, and Johnson is claiming unintentional clumsiness so we both know his "apology" couldn't be more insincere and that he is an outright liar as well as a moral coward... at least have the guts to say "I lost it and I deserve the penalty" (we could all respect that) instead of trying to dupe us with the "unintentional" defence and whining that he wants to keep playing IR

He is obviously a brainless little rat.. I mean how could he think after we all watched him huffing and puffing all night looking for a head to take off that we would suddenly accept he was just "clumsy"?
I know footballers are not reknowned for their intelligence but he is either completely clueless or just thinks we all are

Johnson's apologised and has been dealt with. No need to doubt the sincerity of his apology. There's no suggestion his punishment is excessive or lenient. I'd like to have seen Hodge, Milburn and O'Keefe show a bit of contrition and, impossible, I know, but Sheedy might have withdrawn his disgraceful and cynical suggestion that the Irish blokes were kicking. Hoop and GAA have been gracious about it all and everyone is now looking forward to the next "season" with the hope that the stiffer penalties forshadowed will stamp out the Johnson-like excesses. With a bit of luck, next year's umpires/referees will crack down on aggressors who go beyond the rules and spirit of the game early. I'd like to see them free kick any banging of ehads into the ground or slinging tackles after the tacklee has got rid of it early. Then we can see a skilful and physical game being played and which I, for one, am looking forward to.

Bloodz said:
He didn't leave any room for doubt, he lied outright and said it was unintentional... gutless wonder
Intentional, rush of blood, cynical and pre-planned, they are less important than his sorrow at what he did. At worst, he's forgotten his motivation or is putting a gloss on it. Give him the benefit of the doubt, we can accept he's genuinely remorseful for what he did - unlike his coach and some of his team mates. Bring on Croke Park October 2006.

H Dolphin said:
Intentional, rush of blood, cynical and pre-planned, they are less important than his sorrow at what he did. At worst, he's forgotten his motivation or is putting a gloss on it. Give him the benefit of the doubt, we can accept he's genuinely remorseful for what he did - unlike his coach and some of his team mates. Bring on Croke Park October 2006.
They are not less important if he is going to LIE to the public in the middle of that apology after disgracing the entire nation, you cannot reconcile remorse with lies, he just wants to get himself off the hook and obviously believes the football public to be morons that will swallow anything

H Dolphin said:
Sheedy might have withdrawn his disgraceful and cynical suggestion that the Irish blokes were kicking.

It's not a suggestion , it's fact . watched the replay a number of times and the fact is the Australians retaliated . Everybody harps on the fact that the irish are amateurs , well they are and they are niave to the nth degree to think that the Australian players wouldn't retaliate to the premeditated tactics of the Irish .The Australians were thrashing the Irish playing the game with skill and speed . There was no need to deviate from a winning formulae .
Watch the replay and count how many times the Irish "enforcer" tries to provoke violence .

There's been a lot written about the disrespect Australian players showed Ireland . Well let's look a little closer . The Irish coach disrepected the whole Australian team by not bothering to do any research on the team .
He thought he coud win without doing any work . The GAA has only to look at themselves for going down the totally athletic approach and neglecting the physical side of things . It was inevitable that in any clash they were going to come off second best .

Start taking some responsibility .

cos789 said:
It's not a suggestion , it's fact . watched the replay a number of times and the fact is the Australians retaliated . Everybody harps on the fact that the irish are amateurs , well they are and they are niave to the nth degree to think that the Australian players wouldn't retaliate to the premeditated tactics of the Irish .The Australians were thrashing the Irish playing the game with skill and speed . There was no need to deviate from a winning formulae .
Watch the replay and count how many times the Irish "enforcer" tries to provoke violence .

There's been a lot written about the disrespect Australian players showed Ireland . Well let's look a little closer . The Irish coach disrepected the whole Australian team by not bothering to do any research on the team .
He thought he coud win without doing any work . The GAA has only to look at themselves for going down the totally athletic approach and neglecting the physical side of things . It was inevitable that in any clash they were going to come off second best .

Start taking some responsibility .

Could you pleasee move to the right... we are trying to keep all the morons together

Remove this Banner Ad

Irish crying continues with calls to scrap the series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back