Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Classic Kennedy not being able to kick a bag against a good side.

Any good forward can beat up on bad teams like Gold Coast but only managing 3 against GWS just isn't good enough.
It was 4 goals.

Whilst being double teamed every single time.

But nice try :thumbsu:

Yep he is.
Buddy is incredibly talented as is Joe Daniher. I'm pretty content with Jezza and the General.
No one playing today dominates space like Josh Kennedy though, and he's a very dangerous weapon.
:cool: If WC get tired of him I reckon our mids would enjoy hitting him up, and he'd probably have some fun as well.

Id take four goals from a full forward.....against a good side or bad side...

Kennedy did his job tonight, he has been a shining light for the Eagles this season.

By the way that goal from Franklin where he ran down the wing.....only he could do something like that in terms of tall forwards. It was a great goal. Reminded me of Richo when he used to play on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep he is.
Buddy is incredibly talented as is Joe Daniher. I'm pretty content with Jezza and the General.
No one playing today dominates space like Josh Kennedy though, and he's a very dangerous weapon.
:cool: If WC get tired of him I reckon our mids would enjoy hitting him up, and he'd probably have some fun as well.

Look, give us hopper and 2 first round picks and we'll call it even. I'll pay however much of his salary is needed to keep you guys under the cap just to see Kennedy with first class silver service.

What would be interesting is the % of I50s going to Kennedy compared to other key forwards.

He's doing everything he can to help his team but there appears to be a heavier reliance on him to perform week in, week out.
I think that's at least partly because it's extraordinarily difficult to take him out of the game. We played Corr on him yesterday and Leon applauded his game, and it seemed to me he did a great job.
The only way to keep him under 4 goals is to keep the ball at the other end in my view.

What would be interesting is the % of I50s going to Kennedy compared to other key forwards.

He's doing everything he can to help his team but there appears to be a heavier reliance on him to perform week in, week out.

Tends to be weaker sides who rely heavily on players. Bit like the Carlton/Fev days. When he's in this form then they're going to go for him more often than not. When Darling was firing a few years ago, he was just as much of a target as Kennedy but none of our forward line is firing apart from JK at the moment which probably reflects our ladder position. Too one dimensional.

Humungous game from kennedy yesterday, never would i think he would reach such dizzying heights as 9 disposals

Almost as good as buddy's one overhead mark for the year on the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back